Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 01:06 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Can you prove it's a lie? Can you provide a link?

Or are you the liar?
If you got your news from a source other then the LSM you MIGHT, be informed.

And I know what you are going to say, FOXNEWS blah, blah blah

You might want to check out 60 minutes from last night.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:08 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Even if true, which hasn't been established, what statute did it break? If none, then it isn't a crime.

I do note the hypocrisy of a Party that stood by and let the Bush Administration lie us into a war and then now, when the other Party is in control, parade for blood over something comparatively more minor.
Why don't we let all the facts come out. I'm thinking with all the denying that went on, laying to congress will be one thing.

Oh yea, here we go again. Bush, Bush, Bush. Bush who gave the truth as was known at the time, and we entered into a war after congress gave the OK.

I'll say it one more time - if you think that lying to the American public is OK, and that it's also OK to keep the facts from coming out, you deserve the tyranny you will fall under.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:10 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
WMD. Yellowcake. Mushroom clouds. Google it.
Just as suspected. No links. Just Media Matters talking points.

Here's a few talking points for you: drones, drones, drones. Now, who is the bigger threat?

Old 05-06-2013, 01:18 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I have to disagree with a couple of things here. I understand life is messy and I fully understand first hand accounts of anything can differ from person to person that's why all documents and people need to be questioned.
The thing about the "fog of war" is that it's used so,so much nowadays to describe almost any situation where there's a question of failure that in my mind it's become highly suspect almost like the boy who cried wolf or the accusation of being a racist.

Let the whistleblowers talk, let's see full access to everything pertaining to Benghazi instead of what looks like the administration playing "fast and furious" that's been going on, then I guess we'll see.

I respect the fact that you're a "ring knocker" and as such have a take on things not to mention experience that few on here have.
Even you have to admit that there's lots of things going on that are way above your pay grade though right?
The Rice story was never remotely credible. There were immediate reports of vehicle mounted armament which put it outside a demonstration. And that was in early news reports.

What you are actually dealing with is the cover story to conceal a black CIA operation. And that means you are never going to get a straight story. Even if they waived the standard CIA silence they would still tell some story other than truth.

The Ambassador was more knowledgeable than anyone else in Tripoli or Washington and chose to be there. Any help to affect him would have had to be immediately available in Benghazi.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
And the liberals are freaking out at the possibility of this whole thing blowing up in Democrats' faces and derailing Hillary's chances in 2106.

If she covered it up -- as it's beginning to appear -- then you still support her for Pres? Is that the kind of government the left wants?
The hype and propaganda surrounding the Benghazi incident by the right wing did nothing to hamper Obama's reelection...now did it? In fact, Romney made a fool of himself when he attempted to use it as a weapon against Obama during the debate. It totally backfired...remember?

The investigation was done. The GOP's got nothin' and by the time the 2016 election rolls around they will have scraped the bottom of the barrel many more times to do whatever it takes to turn the tide that they see coming.

Please, do not get self-righteous about ANYTHING, if you seriously support the hijacked GOP. Let me ask you...did you support "Citizens United"? Because if you did, you supported an Oligarchy...is that the kind of government the right wants? You certainly are not against the two party system, that's for certain.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 05-06-2013 at 01:52 PM..

Old 05-06-2013, 01:22 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
How did they lie? Since there's all this yelling about proof the Obama admin lied, please prove (links of course as always) that Bush "lied us into a war".
''The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa.''

-- George W. Bush, State of the Union address, Jan. 28, 2003

2002 Memo Doubted Uranium Sale Claim

Quote:
What I Didn't Find in Africa

Did the Bush administration manipulate intelligence about Saddam Hussein's weapons programs to justify an invasion of Iraq?

Based on my experience with the administration in the months leading up to the war, I have little choice but to conclude that some of the intelligence related to Iraq's nuclear weapons program was twisted to exaggerate the Iraqi threat.
Quote:
Source of Forged Niger-Iraq Uranium Documents Identified

The information about Iraq's desire to acquire the ore, known as yellowcake, was used by the Bush administration to help justify the invasion of Iraq, notably by President Bush in his State of the Union address in January 2003. But the information was later revealed to have been based on forgeries.

The documents were the basis for sending a former diplomat, Joseph C. Wilson IV, on a fact-finding mission to Niger that eventually exploded into an inquiry that led to the indictment and resignation last week of Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, I. Lewis Libby.
Moreover, the Bush Admin misled the nation on the existence of an Iraqi nuclear program and existence of WMD.

"We know where they [Iraq's WMD] are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south, and north somewhat....I would also add, we saw from the air that there were dozens of trucks that went into that facility after the existence of it became public in the press and they moved things out. They dispersed them and took them away. So there may be nothing left. I don't know that. But it's way too soon to know. The exploitation is just starting."

Donald Rumsfeld -- Interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC News This Week, March 30, 2003

Last edited by MTAtech; 05-06-2013 at 01:37 PM..

Old 05-06-2013, 01:53 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
I'd need to see proof, and a commentary in the Washington Times is about as far from proof as you can get.

As an aside, I find it ironic that whenever right wing nuts like Kuhner want to draw a parallel between something in the Obama administration and something really, really bad, they compare to a Republican administration.
Be patient testimony is this week.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:03 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Vote, vote, vote for revenge.
Make them pay their fair share.
OWS - pees on everything, trashes the place, assaults women, get into fights
Don't agree with a liberal.... your a racist
It was because of the video
Work place violence
Boston Bombers must be a right winger
Boston Bomber, I hope they are a white American
Gimme my welfare
If you meant those to be examples of left-wing witch-hunts, it appears that you so not have a clue what "witch-hunt" means.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzpatriot View Post
They are (existential threats) to Americans abroad in certain regions.
So is bad water.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
If it wasn't for the 4 deaths that needlessly were killed. Then yes i would agree. But the death of those 4 people who i truly believe died so senseless, and clear something was so overlooked, don't agree with you. Don't care what side this is 4 people died who died way before their time.
People die every day before their time. Only some become the tools of cynical and partisan political bull****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies