Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 08:09 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The problem is the CIA statements provided seem to contradict actual eyewitness accounts as well as the Libyan government. I wonder why that is?
You don't know much about either intelligence gathering or eyewitness accounts. Do you?

Old 05-09-2013, 08:10 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What ax did Hicks have to grind?
He was demoted. Did you miss that?

1,160 posts, read 4,247,004 times
What is this? The attack website of the year? Come on, people. Even the question leans waaaaay against former Secretary Clinton. What is all this junk about "accountability"??? Shouldn't you ask that of a psychiatrist? She TOOK accountability concerning the Libyan incident, and even explained how her dispatch department made an error in judgment when they put their pleas for better security up on a shelf. All that has changed now. What happened is so painful and unusual, as are ALL terrorist activities, that I am offended each and every time someone wants to blame other Americans for what a bunch of Al Qaeda wannabees are doing in foreign countries.

Look, I don't know if you people even bothered to notice or even care, but Sec Clinton suffered a disastrous fall in her home, after SO MANY trips to foreign countries over recent months, in an effort to bring peace to our world, which is the President's goal, peace in our lifetimes (and if it weren't for the Republicans, we'd be there a whole lot faster). This poor woman, who has stood up to the test of time, who had the courage to drag her wounded self into this stoopid committee of meanies who wanted to try to embarass her concerning the Libya incident. They did not. In fact, she told them off. She explained what everyone else who came before the committee explained. And the director of the division that made this error in judgment and didn't send new security to the location, that person is LONG GONE, and whilst Sec Clinton was still head of the State Department, and since Sec Kerry now heads it up, between the two of them, they settled all that goof-up in a big hurry.

None of you people happened to see what I saw, which was her presence in the hangar at a military air base when the flag-drapped bodies of our four Americans were brought in for honors and salutations. She was truly despondent, lost in sadness, and yet I have never seen her more beautiful. This is because she showed who she is as a human being. You don't get to see that too often, altho Obama shows it more than most people, too. But there is NO WAY anyone can just point fingers at this exceptional woman over a terrorist act, any more than we can blame George Bush for bin Laden masterminding and paying for the destruction of two great buildings in NYC, the crash in PA, and the jab at the Pentagon outer walls on one side.

This is the nature of terrorism. It knows no bounds. It doesn't care who gets hurt. It goes against everything God Almighty wants, and yet over and over these young recruits who didn't have the benefit of an education have made it their mission to kill themselves over someone's twisted idea that the U.S. is somehow the maker of all ills in the world. When I think of how much better a world society would be without those monsters, it is truly chilling just how much sway they have.

THEREFORE, we must not participate in THEIR terrorism. Sec Clinton did everything she could as a stateswoman during this time, even with a life-threatening blow to the head, that for all we know wil put her OUT of any sort of silly Presidential campaign. DID ANYONE EVER think perhaps Veep Joe Biden is the ideal candidate. NO REPUBLICAN could stand up to his withering attacks, which it's been all Obama could do to keep him under control. But he is the VERY BEST of us, he has no qualms about telling it like it is, no matter the strain, no matter the searing truth, he spares no one his rhetoric when it comes to screwing up our country with Republican slow-plodding "I want to win" destructive anti-political nonvoting history.

Please, if you all are going to post a question, think twice before you do. I dare say if ANY one of you were to ever meet the woman Hilary Clinton, you would be shamed. And if ANY one of you knew the kind of brain damage she suffered and is trying to work through right now, you would hang your heads in disgrace. JOE BIDEN is our next Democratic Presidential candidate, and I think he would make a great President, and in fact I think he is precisely what we need to get rid of the last remnants of the shreads of terrorism. Terrorism is a lost cause, so PLEASE, get off that bandwagon and leave out anti-American ideas that belong in the house of hell.

2,295 posts, read 2,370,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
"Guilty."

Of what?

You seem to forget how it works here in the United States where we have the protection of law. "Innocent until proven guilty." Remember that?

What is breathtaking is not just that you guys hold such a deep conviction that Obama is "guilty," but that you hold that conviction in spite of not even being able to figure out what you think he is guilty of. You keep desperately throwing these Hail Mary passes in the (so far) futile hope that there might be... just might be a genuine scandal down-field to catch it.

It is not rational.
I agree that all afforded equal protection under the law, and all are innocent until proven guilty.

I also know that there is more to the administration's Benghazi narrative than has been released yet. These 4 State Department employees have stated that there was never any connection between some obscure YouTube video and the events of 9/11/12. They have stated that State and the White House were told it was a terror attack from the start. The current administration has played duck and cover since this started. They have resisted any attempts to investigate, and clearly put spin on the events to prevent any fallout in the 2012 election cycle.

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Is this the supposed video that the administration says is the cause of this:
Video maker blamed for Benghazi remains jailed

Looking at youtube, there are many more anti muslim or muslim parodies with far better acting for a muslim to get upset about.

I sat and watched C-Span all day yesterday and was very enlightened by what unfolded. I look forward to the further hearings to hear what Dan Benjamin and Rice have to say as they contradict all that was mentioned yesterday. Were the Dems trying to shift blame away from Obama/Clinton - definitely and it was as blatant as the Reps trying to place the blame there. But the American people need to trust in their leaders whether they be Rep and Dem - and they don't and that's why we need answers as to why this happened.

No man is infallible - whether they be Rep, Dem or Jesus himself - but that man should have the morals and ethics to accept responsibility for his choices - especially if he is the leader of our country.

I too question where Obama was during this entire episode. Now before I start getting labeled as right winger, Rep ect -( which most do on these forums as they want to sterotype people) I've been a registered democray for 37 yrs - but that doesn't mean that I can't have my own thoughts, ideas and concerns that don't follow the party lines.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
And based on yesterday's testimony, there is no reason to believe that anything has been hidden.

Quod erat demonstrandum.
There are still unanswered questions though.

Why was the official request for more security not responded to ?
The Libyan militia had already told the State Dept they would no longer protect our people and that left only 3 guarding the compound and Stevens had 2 others with him making 5 total to protect the compound.

Who ordered the special ops team to stand down and not get on that plane ?

Why did Rice go on the air that Sunday and say movie demonstrations ?
Even Hillary's Chief of Staff said "I don't know" when Hicks asked her that question.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:13 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Don't forget that General Ham (AFRICOM Commander) and Admiral Gaouette were fired right after what happened in Libya. Where is Patraus? Oh they already put him through the coals for daring to say the CIA didn't order anyone to stand down everybody forgets about that too.

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
"Guilty."

Of what?

You seem to forget how it works here in the United States where we have the protection of law. "Innocent until proven guilty." Remember that?

What is breathtaking is not just that you guys hold such a deep conviction that Obama is "guilty," but that you hold that conviction in spite of not even being able to figure out what you think he is guilty of. You keep desperately throwing these Hail Mary passes in the (so far) futile hope that there might be... just might be a genuine scandal down-field to catch it.

It is not rational.
Yep, guilty until proven innocent. Hence hearings. Your fighting it makes them appear guilty. There are questions too, why is the hearing a problem?

Last edited by petch751; 05-09-2013 at 08:35 AM..

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
I agree with the Obama sock puppets: It's time for these investigations to end.

Now there need to be indictments and criminal charges filed. Obstruction of a Congressional investigation, high crimes and misdemeanors, retaliation against Hicks.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:14 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,150 times
Quote:
Once again, the MSM proves professional enough to tell the difference between news and partisan political puffery. The primary reason conservatives hate the MSM is because the MSM is competent.
You have to be the only person who believes the MSM is competant.
And do not be a hypocrite if Bush were in office you would have steam coming out your ears and I hate Bush signs all over your yard.

All of the media is a joke and all partisian drones like yourself have led this country to hell!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies