Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 07:46 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I think you'll find this article interesting KU. It's about the militia's that were guarding this annex.

The threat from the militias underscores the dangers of relying on local Libyan forces for security in the run-up to the 9/11 military-style assault. The U.S. consulate in Benghazi employed a militia called the “February 17 Martyrs Brigade” for security of the four-building compound. In addition, there were five Americans serving as diplomatic security and a group of former special operations forces that acted as a quick reaction force on the day of the 9/11 attack. Members of the militias led by bin-Ahmed and al-Gharabi overlapped with the February 17 militia, the cable says.

The Martyrs of 17 February Brigade are considered to be the biggest and best armed militia in eastern Libya. The brigade is financed by the Libyan defence ministry. The brigade consists of at least 12 battalions and possesses a large collection of light and heavy weapons in addition to training facilities. Its membership is estimated at between 1,500 and 3,500. The group has carried out various security and law and order tasks in eastern Libya and Kufra in the south. Some of its members are also believed to be fighting the Assad regime in Syria. [1]

The February 17th Martyrs Brigade also flies the al-Qaeda flag on their Facebook page, and have been al-Qaeda sympathizers for a very long time. [2]

There is also evidence that The February 17th Martyrs Brigade disbanded after the Benghazi attacks.

A few hours after the attack, Martyrs of February 17, together with Bou Salim Martyrs brigade, allegedly agreed to disband,[18] however about 150-200 militiamen moved from Benghazi to Jebel Akhdar area.[19]

Of course they disbanded. Their work was done. Do you smell an Al Qaeda set up?

Read more: State Dept Hired Al-Qaeda To Defend Diplomatic Mission In Benghazi

These same groups have been seen in Jordan, with Croatian weapons bought by Saudi Arabia, and provided to these militias.
Thanks for that article. It's been my contention the entire time this Libya fiasco has gone on that our state department hired AQ mercenaries, or so the media calls "rebelsa" to do the dirty work to get rid of momar. That is why they were all shocked that these guys actually turned on them and attacked the ambassador and the annex. They played Hillary like a fiddle the entire time. We were actually providing air support for the same guys who attacked our own people. That is the coverup IMO. If it ever got out what was actually done and on top of it what the CIA was actually doing there all hell would really break loose and Obama and co would be frog marched out of DC.

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Was she really? I guess that would depend on how you heard it. Kind of like when you tick off a cop and he asks you "do you drive a car in this city very often?" Innocent question right?
Take the fact that Mr. Hicks was demoted,had a "minder" there whenever he spoke to officials like Mr. Chaffee,was urged or coached on what he "will" say by an administration official and was pretty much raked over the coals by state.
So yeah, when Jackie out of the blue comes up with that question? My first thought when it came out was "ok, here comes the threats".
Well others in the Right Wing blogosphere are accusing Speier of offering Hicks a bribe. Which was it a threat or a bribe?

I think most people would take it for what it was, and certainly what the other congress people heard, which was an offer to help with his next assignment. Whether she means it or will actually help, who knows.

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
"No man left behind".

Exactly Democrats should not so uptight about the hearings they should welcome them. If I was accused of something that was not true you better damn well believe I would insist on "all" the facts coming out.
EXACTLY ^^^^^^^
I'd rep ya but am not allowed yet.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:48 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
What law did the President break?

I don't believe Hicks testified that he was attempting to evaluate the crime scene.

I don't recall anyone preventing an evacuation of the facilities.
then why wasn't it evacuated?

why weren't our people protected?

come on.

I found this fascinating:
Speaking on Wednesday at a US Senate hearing into the US consulate in Benghazi attack on September 11 last year, which led to the death of the US ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other Americans, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said that the attack, the incident in Algeria last week and the conflict in northern Mali were all part of a push by al-Qaeda to take advantage of political instability in northern Africa created by the Arab spring.

and who encouraged the arab spring again?????

Old 05-09-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Well others in the Right Wing blogosphere are accusing Speier of offering Hicks a bribe. Which was it a threat or a bribe?

I think most people would take it for what it was, and certainly what the other congress people heard, which was an offer to help with his next assignment. Whether she means it or will actually help, who knows.
What she meant only she knows but you have to agree that it was certainly a strange statement given the circumstances right?

Old 05-09-2013, 07:51 AM

500 posts, read 376,077 times
She'll answer each debate question with, "What difference does it make," and Clintonistas will swoon.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:51 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
What she meant only she knows but you have to agree that it was certainly a strange statement given the circumstances right?
Well she was not trying to hide it so that makes me think she respects what they were doing and thinks they did a great job. If she was doing something hanky then it would have happened much more quietly.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:52 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
if the administration would have been on the up and up, they would have never tried to pass it off as a simple demonstration against that video....demonstrators do not use rockets...

Old 05-09-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Well she was not trying to hide it so that makes me think she respects what they were doing and thinks they did a great job. If she was doing something hanky then it would have happened much more quietly.
Not really, plausible deniability. "That's not what I/she meant", it's that easy.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:55 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Hicks also testified that the terrorists, if they followed the usual pattern would have fled when they heard the first U.S. aircraft in the area. So, we couldn't even send a fighter or two? C'mon really?
Well, even if you think this diplomat's assessment of the effect of a military action are correct, where would these jets come from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.