Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 04:43 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,873,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Parts of Georgia still think it's 1957??????

I have no clue otherwise.

Also, if anyone here is from that small Georgia town: Did you hear about Sputnik?!?!? Those commies got the jump on us!!!!
Not any different than most of the old south. Not much has changed down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No there isnt. There are lots of black only organizations and groups in this nation, and there isnt a problem with it, nor should there be.
The only blacks only thing I know of is the Nation of Islam. Every other black organization, even the Black Gangster Disciple Nation, has members of other races in it.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I honestly don't know the answer to the OP. One could also ask are there any other reasons to have Black universities other than racism?
There are no blacks only colleges. None that I know of. You do watch CNN don't you? Or is Fox News Channel your only source?
White valedictorian: A first for historically black Morehouse - CNN.com

Old 04-29-2013, 04:55 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I honestly don't know the answer to the OP. One could also ask are there any other reasons to have Black universities other than racism?
The Historically Black Schools were primarily established because schools in 17 mostly Southern states would not accept Black students. Most, if not all of these schools now educate all races.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Do you share the same sadness that black only activities continue to exist?

Like the NAACP, or the National Black Justice Coalition, CORE, or various others.
NAACP was formed by white folk. It's leaders come in all colors.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:08 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,643,017 times
Quote:
No there isnt. There are lots of black only organizations and groups in this nation, and there isnt a problem with it, nor should there be.
Name one.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I would think those kids are well ahead of many of their parents.
Me too.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
For most of the US, it is hard to fathom that this kind of segregation and racism is still part of the culture of some backwaters in the south. It seems like a strange, alien world.

It sure does.

The county has about 9000 people. About 40% are Black.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:14 PM

382 posts, read 588,241 times
If any group does not want you,why is it so important you force them to let you in? Do you think you can force people to like you? I would not go to court to try to make some ghetto club let me in. I would not want to go. I understand that most white places are much nicer than black places, but is this because blacks do not take care of their places?
Why is it Black neighborhoods are so bad? I walked through older neighborhoods and it does not cost a dime to pick up the garbage around your home.

As mom used to say soap is darn near free.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:17 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,154,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
If any group does not want you,why is it so important you force them to let you in? Do you think you can force people to like you? I would not go to court to try to make some ghetto club let me in. I would not want to go. I understand that most white places are much nicer than black places, but is this because blacks do not take care of their places?
Why is it Black neighborhoods are so bad? I walked through older neighborhoods and it does not cost a dime to pick up the garbage around your home.

As mom used to say soap is darn near free.
I see the Storm Front garbage truck backed up to this forum and again dumped its trash on the premises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies