Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 07:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
OK...I got a few questions...

Which Christian denomination do you belong to and what was their official stance on Jim Crow?
I am thinking, whatever his religion, the church didn't take an official stance on Jim Crow. Most religions did not or didn't preach it. This again, is where the church needs to separate from such issues. What a religions stance is and what the individual stance of the members is are or could be totally different. I belong to a particular religion with many leaders condemning homosexuality. I do not, this doesn't mean I will turn my back on my religion. It means I disagree with some issues. I don't agree with everything my family does or believes, but I would not walk away from them because of a few differences. I don't believe in everything the Republican party stands for, but I believe it comes closer to sharing my views than any party. Thus, how a particular religion saw the Jim Crow law or any other law, many years ago, has little to do with today's religion.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:46 AM

196 posts, read 115,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
can't rep you, I have to spread it around. Remember there will always be those who, for whatever reason have turned against religion and are so hateful they can't understand there are many who see things in a different light than they do. Interpretation of anything is different for each of us.
Nothing new there. All Christians think they are the only ones who are right......even if their IQ is 80. After all......anybody who has done much reading and has visited the Smithsonian knows that dinosaurs didn't have saddles.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:58 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
can't rep you, I have to spread it around. Remember there will always be those who, for whatever reason have turned against religion and are so hateful they can't understand there are many who see things in a different light than they do. Interpretation of anything is different for each of us.

I'm against the harmful dogma that has nothing to do with God.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
No fairy tale. I ate some chicken yesterday. I promise you it was very real.

Love those feathered dinosaurs.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I thought god was the boss.
^^ This^^

Old 04-30-2013, 08:05 AM

568 posts, read 962,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It really is that simple. If liberals had their way they would destroy the sun and declare the earth is now safe from global warming.
UGH!!! It is comments like these that some days make we want to just delete this idiotic CD site and never come back....but it is like a good cup of coffee. I just have to come back for more. It is so entertaining.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
^^ This^^
The people who wrote about god believed in witches, herded camels, thought the earth was flat and wiped their arse on their hands....not exactly role models.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finley01 View Post
The people who wrote about god believed in witches, thought the earth was flat and wiped their arse on their hands. Not exactly role models.

I am a non-denominational Christian. I also believe in evolution, that the universe is billions of years old, that dinosaurs existed millions of years ago, and that most-not all- of them became extinct around 65 million years ago.

I also believe that mankind took something relatively simple...i.e., "Love God, Love your neighbor" and added a bunch of crapola to it, rendering it unrecognizeable.

And, I believe religion, or belief, or non-belief, is a choice, and I respect others' choices, whatever they may be.

Not all of us are the tight-a$$ed Bible thumpers that represent the Christian faith.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It really is that simple. If liberals had their way they would destroy the sun and declare the earth is now safe from global warming.

We're working on it. Along with destroying the country and opening those FEMA camps for the RWNJs.

Lock up your daughters...

Old 04-30-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I am a non-denominational Christian. I also believe in evolution, that the universe is billions of years old, that dinosaurs existed millions of years ago, and that most-not all- of them became extinct around 65 million years ago.

I also believe that mankind took something relatively simple...i.e., "Love God, Love your neighbor" and added a bunch of crapola to it, rendering it unrecognizeable.

And, I believe religion, or belief, or non-belief, is a choice, and I respect others' choices, whatever they may be.

Not all of us are the tight-a$$ed Bible thumpers that represent the Christian faith.
'Course I lived the church thing till I was over sixty years old. When I finally told my family my true feelings it broke their hearts....mine too. I cannot believe a fable written by ignorant primitives and I think if god turned the eternal destiny of mankind over to them he also has his head up his ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies