Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 08:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
My pastor is a liberal
Oh, my goodness. Do you need a hug?

Old 04-30-2013, 08:32 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
can't rep you, I have to spread it around. Remember there will always be those who, for whatever reason have turned against religion and are so hateful they can't understand there are many who see things in a different light than they do. Interpretation of anything is different for each of us.
One must be born of the Holy Spirit of God which is the teacher to understand the things of God.. the natural man without the Holy Spirit sees the word of God as foolishness. And many Christians are lead away by false doctrines or put the traditions of man before the Word of God. In the last days many will fall into apostasy.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finley01 View Post
You know what your attitude reminds me of? When the irish came to the United States after the potato famine. The Irish were labled by bigots and for decades they were looked upon more like dogs than they were humans. Your obvious bigotry knows no bounds. You are a good Republican....or maybe a T Party trainee.

You should check closely......you might have some Irish blood.....I do.
I understand the word illegal.. do you? say if I have a need , maybe a car so I can get to work, do I walk onto a car lot and take one because I am poor? No.. It is illegal.

Stealing is stealing and there are those that come here LEGALLY.. and many can't because they wait for the line to move so they can come here LEGALLY. So you think it is right that many cut in line illegally . I don't think it is right or righteous..

If you were in line at a grocery store , would you appreciate it if everyone there cut in front of you and you never got to the register? I think NOT! But of course you use the race card because you are too shallow to think .

Old 04-30-2013, 08:40 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
'Course I lived the church thing till I was over sixty years old. When I finally told my family my true feelings it broke their hearts....mine too. I cannot believe a fable written by ignorant primitives and I think if god turned the eternal destiny of mankind over to them he also has his head up his ass.

Actually, I think God has a wicked sense of humor. If He didn't, we'd have been fried a long time ago.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Oh, my goodness. Do you need a hug?

No, he's doing his Harrier thing...trying to get the pastor "transferred". How very "Christian" of him.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:44 AM

196 posts, read 115,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
One must be born of the Holy Spirit of God which is the teacher to understand the things of God.. the natural man without the Holy Spirit sees the word of God as foolishness. And many Christians are lead away by false doctrines or put the traditions of man before the Word of God. In the last days many will fall into apostasy.
I was born in 1934. The average life expectency for a white male was 61. All of us attended prayer meetings nearly every Wednesday evening. Prayer lists were a foot long. Each family had a member or a friend who was dying with heart problems or cancer. There was no treatment for coronary ailments, not even a good diet recommendation or a suggestion to stop smoking. Surgery was the only thing they could do for cancer and if the ailing wanted it the tumor usually metasticized and the disease spread all over their bodies. Many didn't last a year and the ones who did usually had a closed casket funeral because there was little more than a skeleton remaining. Millions of prayers were said and crying aloud at funerals was commonplace. The prayers were said and the afflicted suffered and died anyway.

Now when a person has a heart attack or is diagnosed with cancer by sophisticated electronic systems like MRI, CTscan, ultrasound, echocardiogram, etc. there is a myriad of therapies available. Some are heart catherization, balloon therapy, stents, heart bypass, transplants, radiation, chemotherapy, stem cell treatment, laporascopy, better diets, less smoking, etc. Now the average life expectency is 78.

Guess what?? After literally billions of prayers went ignored or unanswered 50-60 years ago now the foolish ones doing the praying actually think their prayers are being answered. It is nothing more than the fact they were brainwashed as children and that's the only reason that 2000 year old fable is still alive. All ancient god worship is a fantasy and the world would have always been better off without it. There Ain't No Santa Claus and There Ain't No God!

Besides that I'm a Jack and the Beanstalk man myself.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Guess what?? After literally billions of prayers went ignored or unanswered 50-60 years ago now the foolish ones doing the praying actually think their prayers are being answered. It is nothing more than the fact they were brainwashed as children and that's the only reason that 2000 year old fable is still alive. All ancient god worship is a fantasy and the world would have always been better off without it. There Ain't No Santa Claus and There Ain't No God!
My father told me "Sometimes God says no." People have the misconception that God is a blank check and Santa Claus all wrapped up into one. All you have to do is give enough money to the right evangelist or believe hard enough and every wish will be granted.

It ain't necessarily so.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
When my dad was in his early forties he had a spell of the flu and ended up in the hospital. He claimed he saw an angel sitting on the foot of his bed. It's amazing what delirious people can believe. Brainwashing and destitute people will resort to anything. All ancient god worship is horse ****. That son of god, savior of the world, crucifiction story was first told in ancient Egypt 3000 years before Jesus was born and it was retold dozens of times....the Jewish version came very late. Read a little...get real.

There was never any legitimate documentation to verify a single miracle which Jesus supposedly performed....not one. The bible is the only reference for the bible. There were six reputable historians alive during the year and a half of the Jesus ministry and not a one of them ever told of a single miracle. It would be akin to the New York Times never mentioning Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle or Roger Maris. In other words it's a major load of horse ****.
God created us to worship him.. it is a given trait .. those who make carved images thousands of years ago had in them the trait to worship a god.Why ? Because God in his wisdom gave us that trait to seek him and now through the Word of God we can know him personally through Jesus Christ .. a plan to reconcile man to God as it was in the beginning.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
My father told me "Sometimes God says no." People have the misconception that God is a blank check and Santa Claus all wrapped up into one. All you have to do is give enough money to the right evangelist or believe hard enough and every wish will be granted.

It ain't necessarily so.
God knows all and his words are true.. all things work together for good to those that love God. Even in hard times we can either grow a heart of stone or a heart towards God.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:02 AM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God created us to worship him.. it is a given trait .. those who make carved images thousands of years ago had in them the trait to worship a god.Why ? Because God in his wisdom gave us that trait to seek him and now through the Word of God we can know him personally through Jesus Christ .. a plan to reconcile man to God as it was in the beginning.
people carved images to worship because they were afraid of dark, afraid of a solar eclipse and afraid of all superstitions. people still worship much for the same reasons. god created us to worship him? what an ego.

having a pastor that's liberal helps to balance out the fire and brimstone crap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies