Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 08:46 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,789,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The fact that companies are the most profitable they've every been, the top percentiles are earning more & gaining wealth, and the stock market is at record highs disproves your point.

Please educate us then. I'm very interested in hearing which Conservative policies fix the issue of why businesses aren't hiring, despite record low tax burdens and record high products.
Since you know it all why are you waiting for companies to hire. What is wrong with you? Start your own business and hire people.

Me, instead of hiring I will be hoarding until Obama stops screwing the middle class otherwise it does not make sense to hire. You see, we hear Obama loud and clear. His policies are anti-business and don't make economic sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 08:52 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,665,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You lie.

Exxon paid $31 billion in taxes two years in a row.

Companies paying the most in income taxes

What other lies do you have for us?
My mistake. Here are the 30 companies that reportedly paid no tax between 2008 and 2010:

Full report is here: http://www.ctj.org/corporatetaxdodge...gersReport.pdf

30 Major Corporations Paid No Income Taxes In The Last Three Years, While Making $160 Billion | ThinkProgress

Old 04-30-2013, 08:53 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,280,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
What kind of taxes? Do you have a source for that?

Because GE is on a list of companies that reportedly paid no federal income tax between 2008 and 2010.

26 Major Corporations Paid No Taxes For The Last Four Years
The sources have been provided countless times, here's one.

"According to Williams, GE paid $1 billion in federal, state and local taxes in the U.S. for 2010. He declined to say how much of that was for federal income taxes, except to say that some of it was. Williams also pointed to a company press release, from April 17, on taxes paid by GE. According to that release, GE paid an effective global tax rate of 7 percent in 2010, counting money paid “to the IRS and foreign counterparts” in other nations. That rate was particularly low, Williams said, because the company lost $32 billion in its financial business during the global financial crisis.
According to the company release, GE’s effective tax rate jumped to 29 percent in 2011. The company paid $2.9 billion in worldwide corporate income tax in 2011, and another $1 billion in other U.S. taxes that year, the release states."

FactCheck.org : Warren: GE Pays No Taxes

And to think somebody recently argued that higher taxes will not result in people hiring expensive tax accountants and lawyers to avoid higher taxes.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
My mistake. Here are the 30 companies that reportedly paid no tax between 2008 and 2010:

30 Major Corporations Paid No Income Taxes In The Last Three Years, While Making $160 Billion | ThinkProgress
Yep, these are the companies making $250K a year. Obama sure made them pay their fair share didn't he. The liberal idiot who voted Obama at their best.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,208,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The sources have been provided countless times, here's one.

"According to Williams, GE paid $1 billion in federal, state and local taxes in the U.S. for 2010. He declined to say how much of that was for federal income taxes, except to say that some of it was. Williams also pointed to a company press release, from April 17, on taxes paid by GE. According to that release, GE paid an effective global tax rate of 7 percent in 2010, counting money paid “to the IRS and foreign counterparts” in other nations. That rate was particularly low, Williams said, because the company lost $32 billion in its financial business during the global financial crisis.
According to the company release, GE’s effective tax rate jumped to 29 percent in 2011. The company paid $2.9 billion in worldwide corporate income tax in 2011, and another $1 billion in other U.S. taxes that year, the release states."

FactCheck.org : Warren: GE Pays No Taxes

And to think somebody recently argued that higher taxes will not result in people hiring expensive tax accountants and lawyers to avoid higher taxes.
note the "state and local taxes" for 2010, and that they paid $1B for them. And then also note why they dont have a problem disclosing how much they paid in 2011, while they also paid $1B in "other taxes".. Think the amounts are a coincidence?

They didnt lose $32B, they had writeoffs resulting in net losses, and those writeoffs, once again, came from the stimulus package.

Ever ask yourself why your left wing sites like factcheck is a lapdog for a big corporation like GE?

Old 04-30-2013, 08:58 PM

In 2013, "First-quarter earnings at Exxon Mobil hit $9.5 billion, according to a release by ExxonMobil.

That gargantuan bottom line was no doubt padded just a smidge by the fact that Exxon gets $600 million in annual federal tax breaks.

Every effort to eliminate these breaks can't get through Congress.

Exxon pays an effective corporate income tax rate of about 13 percent, just over a third of the nominal rate of 35 percent."

Wow, I wish I could get a 13 % income tax rate!

Daily Kos: ExxonMobil rakes in $9.5 billion profit, on which it will pay a 13 percent tax rate, if that

Old 04-30-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep, these are the companies making $250K a year. Obama sure made them pay their fair share didn't he. The liberal idiot who voted Obama at their best.
These companies made $250K a year? What?

Company profits in the millions are in the first column:

Old 04-30-2013, 09:01 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,280,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
note the "state and local taxes" for 2010, and that they paid $1B for them. And then also note why they dont have a problem disclosing how much they paid in 2011, while they also paid $1B in "other taxes".. Think the amounts are a coincidence?

They didnt lose $32B, they had writeoffs resulting in net losses, and those writeoffs, once again, came from the stimulus package.
Companies usually write off losses anyways. In 2009 or 2010 my dad paid like 4% or 5% because of all of their losses.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:02 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,208,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Companies usually write off losses anyways. In 2009 or 2010 my dad paid like 4% or 5% because of all of their losses.
yes they always write off losses, but GE didnt have losses. Per their SEC filings, they earned over $11B in net profits for 2010. (from my brokers reports)

My companies havent had profits in 15 years.. its by design so I dont have tax liabilities. Sure wish Obama would have given me billions in credits that I could carry over..

Old 04-30-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
These companies made $250K a year? What?

Company profits in the millions are in the first column:
Do I really have to explain it element? Don't you remember Obama running around saying "tax the rich". Yep, he sure didn't do that, he screwed the upper middle class is what he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies