Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 07:18 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
A person got their fingers shredded for reading the Christian Bible in Saudi Arabia...

Very sad and disgusting Imagine when we get a small cut...

The Punishment for reading a Bible in Saudi Arabia (photo) | <<< Image!

No freedom of religion in the Islamic Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

The source has not been verified so it is unknown if this really happened.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:35 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Ann Coulter has also called for Muslims to be forcibly converted to Christianity or die, a viewpoint that has been backed by a nimber of posters here who have defended her. Like it or not, it is essentially the same doctrine that is found in the Qaran.

Now - Is the OT or the NT the go-to section?

That will answer a lot of questions about gays as well, and tattoos, and blended fabrics, bacon for breakfast, oysters on the half shell, and stoning brides who are not virgins.
Ann Coulter is known for her hyperbole. She does it on most issues to throw crazy back into people's faces who are talking that way. When people don't understand it then it makes things worse, but that is her style. Shrug.

I still have not found where today's Christians do any of the old laws like those posted. Those laws were abolished but some still use them to try to prove a point. What point, no one knows.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:39 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Quote:
A person got their fingers shredded for reading the Christian Bible in Saudi Arabia...

Funny, I found the exact same picture on Snopes as a supposed Paper shredder accident - 18 may 2010. Somehow it has morphed from Paper Shredder gone wrong to Saudi Arabia bible reading. . .

Paper shredder accident (very graphic) - snopes.com

Old 05-05-2013, 08:03 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
I would expect no less from them than from the Christians. Have you ever read II Chronicles 15?

"12 And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul;
13 That whosoever would not seek the Lord God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman."

Sounds a lot like what Islam is accused of, to me.
Well, not to split hairs, but there was no such thing as a Christian when II Chronicles was written.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:05 PM

796 posts, read 1,162,569 times
Quote:
I would expect no less from them than from the Christians. Have you ever read II Chronicles 15?

"12 And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul;
13 That whosoever would not seek the Lord God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman."

Sounds a lot like what Islam is accused of, to me.
No I do not need to read any Jewish scriptures. Christians follow New Testament, not anything written in the Torah.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:06 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Ann Coulter has also called for Muslims to be forcibly converted to Christianity or die, a viewpoint that has been backed by a number of posters here who have defended her. Like it or not, it is essentially the same doctrine that is found in the Qaran.

Now - Is the OT or the NT the go-to section?

That will answer a lot of questions about gays as well, and tattoos, and blended fabrics, bacon for breakfast, oysters on the half shell, and stoning brides who are not virgins.
Wow. Now Ann Coulter is a theologian. Errrrr, not.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:10 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Quote:
No I do not need to read any Jewish scriptures. Christians follow New Testament, not anything written in the Torah.
Don't the scriptures say ssomething about not lying?

or ignoring evidence that your shredder accident - er I mean bible shredder thing - is fake? This was a shredder hoax prior to a bible one

Old 05-05-2013, 08:37 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
OP - Bad idea to send people rude DMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Funny, I found the exact same picture on Snopes as a supposed Paper shredder accident - 18 may 2010. Somehow it has morphed from Paper Shredder gone wrong to Saudi Arabia bible reading. . .

How dare you bring any type of reason or logic into this lovely rant!!

Old 05-05-2013, 08:42 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Don't the scriptures say ssomething about not lying?

or ignoring evidence that your shredder accident - er I mean bible shredder thing - is fake? This was a shredder hoax prior to a bible one

Kind of wonder how someone could get their hand in a paper shredder......the opening isn't that big.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:44 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:

There is nothing else relating to this alleged event other than your link. The last comment under the picture states this:

Quote:
No. This is NOT the punishment for reading the bible in Muslim countries…. this image has been around since at least 2002… The posting stated that it was a hand in a paper shredder, though that source was dubious… FURTHER… it may be illegal in saudi arabia, but not turkey or morrocco… FOR THE RECORD… the Sharia punishment for apostacy is Death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies