Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 11:49 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No conservative posting has responded to my comment about States that allow non union members to get the same benefits as those in the union.
So you want the state to protect the union? How do you feel that should be handled?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 11:50 AM

126 posts, read 152,321 times
I don't understand why you would want to join a job that is "unionized" if you hate unions, you have a choice right there! Don't take a unionized job! You can stand around with the illegal immigrants looking for "non union" work and show them how much work ethic and pride you have.

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
again, not all workplaces in the non right to work states are Union Shops. So you are making a flawed argument.
never claimed anything close, once again for those of you thick headed with this bull **** argument that there are other options, IF YOU WANT A JOB AT A UNIONIZED SHOP, you HAVE TO JOIN THE UNION.
Quote:
The argument you are making about Workers/Union and Blacks/buses would only be a correct analogy if Union work shops were the only ones allowed in the non right to work states, THEY AREN'T,t here for, your analogy is a lie.

sorry to burst your bubble.
So to dispute me, you are claiming that there should have had black only busses (i.e. unionized shops) and then those busses for everyone.. (i.e. non unionized shops)

Do you see how retarded this argument is you're making?

How about gay marriage, clearly if you support it then you think gays should move to a state that allows gay marriage and shut the hell up if they live in a state that doesnt allow it right? This is how retarded your argument is, if you dont like it shut up and move on.. sorry but no, it doesnt work that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No, not as a condition for getting a job. However, in states without right to work, unions have the right to collect money from non union members. Once again, it costs labor unions money to operate. It's without a doubt pretty stupid to be upset about the union collecting money from you as long as your pay and benefits are better than for an equivalent job in a NON-unionized workplace. If they're not, just be bright enough to quit the unionized place and join the non-unionized workplace.
Which is exactly why right to work legislation is so important. It's time to continue neutering big labor, worker's rights come first.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
So you want the state to protect the union? How do you feel that should be handled?
Answer my question first, then i will answer yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAmericanBklyn View Post
I don't understand why you would want to join a job that is "unionized" if you hate unions, you have a choice right there! Don't take a unionized job! You can stand around with the illegal immigrants looking for "non union" work and show them how much work ethic and pride you have.
There's no such thing as a unionized job, unions create nothing and that includes jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No, not as a condition for getting a job. However, in states without right to work, unions have the right to collect money from non union members. Once again, it costs labor unions money to operate. It's without a doubt pretty stupid to be upset about the union collecting money from you as long as your pay and benefits are better than for an equivalent job in a NON-unionized workplace. If they're not, just be bright enough to quit the unionized place and join the non-unionized workplace.
So now its ok to you that people are forced to give up their own money to support causes they dont believe in? So you'd be fine with the state saying you have to give your money to a church as the condition of employment?

Old 05-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
never claimed anything close, once again for those of you thick headed with this bull **** argument that there are other options, IF YOU WANT A JOB AT A UNIONIZED SHOP, you HAVE TO JOIN THE UNION.

So to dispute me, you are claiming that there should have had black only busses (i.e. unionized shops) and then those busses for everyone.. (i.e. non unionized shops)

Do you see how retarded this argument is you're making?

How about gay marriage, clearly if you support it then you think gays should move to a state that allows gay marriage and shut the hell up if they live in a state that doesnt allow it right? This is how retarded your argument is, if you dont like it shut up and move on.. sorry but no, it doesnt work that way.
Your other comments did not say "unionized shop", they said "union STATES"

changing your argument as you are proven wrong, just keep it moving. or maybe you honestly didnt notice what you were typing.

1,599 posts, read 3,134,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeekerBot View Post
I'm a conservative myself, but I don't see why? of course some unions are pointless but others are needed, it made dangerous working conditions much better for their workers, the entire reason we have a "weekend" is because of unions. This anti union rhetoric is the entire reason we are losing voters, I know most union workers are conservative value wise.
The Republican Party understands the plight of the working class in the 1800's with industry taking advantage of child labor, and long working hours. An organized labor union was indeed required. The Republican party understands the need for a labor union. It's the currupt labor bosses that use union dues on political parties that the Republican's don't like. Joining a union should be by choice and ones dues should not go for political parties. It's the individuals choice of party that his dues should go toward.

Quote:
Answer my question first, then i will answer yours.
I did
Quote:
No conservative posting has responded to my comment about States that allow non union members to get the same benefits as those in the union.
Yes I did, in fact I pointed out how stupid it is.

Once AGAIN.

How do you compare benefits of a non unionized employee to a unionized employee if the law demands that you join a union as the condition of employment because its a unionized shop?

Think about the flaw in your argument, come on, its not difficult to comprehend that you cant compare WHAT DOESNT EXIST..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies