Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 05:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,311,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Where's Al Sharpton when Blacks get killed by other Blacks? Where was he when Mexican gangs were terrorizing and killing Black people? You make it seem like only Black people could be criminals.
Al Sharpton's National Action Network does NOT show up to ANYTHING unless they're called first.

And even then, you have to prove your case. Contrary to popular belief, he doesn't just pop up on the scene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I thought that's why cities named a MLK Blvd as a sign to keep all the whites and Hispanics from coming into that hood ?

Hint: Traveling down the interstate and sign says next exit MLK. Keep on going.
There are lots of nice MLK streets in America.

MLK Ring in my hometown is in our commercial and municipal district, and its beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
Good upstanding people do not want to live in black neighborhoods. Its just that simple. Blacks commit most of the crime. Why live next to a meth dealer.
Black folks don't deal Meth, genius
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 09:51 PM

73,121 posts, read 62,936,669 times
Quote:
Al Sharpton's National Action Network does NOT show up to ANYTHING unless they're called first.

And even then, you have to prove your case. Contrary to popular belief, he doesn't just pop up on the scene.
I did not know that.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:01 PM

18,005 posts, read 15,690,652 times
Quote:
Same experience as me. I've never seen any Black people use meth.
Meth has no color bounds. It's and equal opportunity poison. The Rez here is rife with it. As is the Mexican population community, or the nastier section, thereof. I don't, personally, know of any drug that discriminates based on color.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Meth has no color bounds. It's and equal opportunity poison. The Rez here is rife with it. As is the Mexican population community, or the nastier section, thereof. I don't, personally, know of any drug that discriminates based on color.
Well, maybe if I did live where you did, I might see more. I only know about meth what I've heard out of Iowa or out of the suburbs of Atlanta.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:56 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,399,605 times
Quote:
I did not know that.
Albert has never been about anything more than lining his own pockets, and nothing less. The most pathetic excuse for a supposed altruistic and righteous "leader."

The guy is a toxic publicity w---- who stirs up more racial antagonism possibly than anyone else in the history of America.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:01 PM

7,108 posts, read 9,021,955 times
Quote:
I did not know that.
That isn't surprising.

He is involved in margins to help the black youth. Getting information is key.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,311,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Black folks almost as a rule don't use, manufacture, or sell meth. It's just one of those "we don't do's."

Old 05-24-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Black folks almost as a rule don't use, manufacture, or sell meth. It's just one of those "we don't do's."
I'm not saying there aren't any Blacks doing such things. I'm saying I've never seen Blacks manufacture, use, or sell meth.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Black birth and death rates in America are not much different from white birth and death rates. And there are so many young black men in jail that black communities tipically have a lower, not higher, percentage of young males than other populations.
The keyword here is single men. Marriage rates are quite low in the Black population in general. According to data from 2001, 56.7 percent of Black men are married, with contrasts with 72.6 percent for White men, 66.6 percent for Asian men, and 60 percent for Hispanic men. In short, the Black population has a higher percentage of unmarried men than any other population in the USA.

And when Black people get married, the average age of marriage for Black men is around 31. For White men, that tends to be 28.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:15 PM

18,005 posts, read 15,690,652 times
Quote:
I'm not saying there aren't any Blacks doing such things. I'm saying I've never seen Blacks manufacture, use, or sell meth.
Black, White, Hispanic, American Indian, Asian. No bounds of color where manufacture, distributionthe and use , of any drug, is concerned. Follow the money. Culturally, use of meth seems more prominent in white, Indian and Hispanic culture, where with blacks the drug of cboice points to heroin. Historically. But that's just it. Drug of the choice. Dealers, of any color, will sling what makes them money. With all the new, designer, drugs now, that could be anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies