Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 05:11 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Smelled a scoop, didn't bother to get the facts...

People think the media has an Obama bias. It actually has a RATINGS bias. Look how fast they turned on the admin this week, when it looked like there was blood in the water. It's all about the advertising dollars, people

Now watch all the red faces when they realize they got punked by GOP agents provocatures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 06:04 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
???

I suggest that your quest for "honesty" could be answered if the request by the co-chairmen of the bi-partisan independent committee were allowed to testify in a public hearing. However that opportunity to but has been denied to you, me, and the rest of the public because the Republican chair of the investigating committee refuses to allow it. And you then have the temerity to tell me that it isn't about partisan politics? Please don't try to play me for a fool, you will embarrass yourself by the attempt. I assure you.
Lol! You "assure me"? What're you, a James Bond super-villain, parrying my "quest for honesty" with your rapier-like thrusts of spin and bs?

Of course there's partisan politics going on here. The GOP is ticked off. You should be ticked off. Every American should be ticked off. Obama hid behind Candy Crowley and lied to the American public in the middle of a PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE watched by the world.

Obama lied. And that doesn't offend you people. You're okay with that. The leader of your party, that sniveling coward, lied to you and me and everyone else. And you're proud of this guy. You defend this liar, the leader of your party, with ridiculous accusations about the Republicans.

I don't have to play any of you for fools, Obama did that to you all himself. And just like he hid behind Candy Crowley, he's hiding behind the MSM and you libs and Democrats and your silly indignation with the Republicans for trying to find out the truth.

Bi-partisan independent committees - bah! It's all just more covering for Obama to hide behind. I assure you.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:40 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,451,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I don't disagree with you on that. Romney was a terrible candidate that no one--except maybe Karl Rove--liked. The moment he became the GOP candidate, Obama's reelection was all but assured.
I thought he was the dems pick. They picked him to win the race way before the first vote was cast. They did it by tearing down any republican who got some momentum. Cain.... Santorium, paul, perry...

Old 05-18-2013, 06:45 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Lol! You "assure me"? What're you, a James Bond super-villain, parrying my "quest for honesty" with your rapier-like thrusts of spin and bs?

Of course there's partisan politics going on here. The GOP is ticked off. You should be ticked off. Every American should be ticked off. Obama hid behind Candy Crowley and lied to the American public in the middle of a PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE watched by the world.

Obama lied. And that doesn't offend you people. You're okay with that. The leader of your party, that sniveling coward, lied to you and me and everyone else. And you're proud of this guy. You defend this liar, the leader of your party, with ridiculous accusations about the Republicans.

I don't have to play any of you for fools, Obama did that to you all himself. And just like he hid behind Candy Crowley, he's hiding behind the MSM and you libs and Democrats and your silly indignation with the Republicans for trying to find out the truth.

Bi-partisan independent committees - bah! It's all just more covering for Obama to hide behind. I assure you.
Very useful rant.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:50 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I thought he was the dems pick. They picked him to win the race way before the first vote was cast. They did it by tearing down any republican who got some momentum. Cain.... Santorium, paul, perry...
The republicans best candidate never had a chance, Jon Huntsman, never had the funding. Maybe you missed the critcism of Romney by Gingrich and others for the dirty politics of the Romney camp. The republican solution was to run a plutocrat with offshore bank accounts, maybe they forgot 2008, great strategy.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:09 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Ticked off is when you lose a parking space. Ticked off is when you get cut off in traffic. What Republicans call ticked off I call batshiite crazy.

Now let's be very clear about something. The reason why Bush get's brought up in these conversation is because many of us are curious about where the all this ticked offness was when Colin Powell was sent before the UN to exaggerate, misrepresent, erroneously, dare I say lie, about weapons of mass destruction the result of which was 4,000+ dead Americans (we don't count other folks). That isn't about Bush, that is about today's crop of Republicans who were absolutely silent over Iraq but who have the nerve to ask why we aren't ticked off about an argument over semantics which even if we admit to the "lie" didn't result in the loss of a single life.

This discussion isn't about Bush, it is about today's Republican Party.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:19 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would love to hear the source of this misinformation since the cats out of the bag, no need to defend the source especially since they lied. Rather interesting poetic license in their translation.

There should be a hearing on those GOP staffers!
I want to know who's going to jail!

And our tea party friends wonder why they are constantly ridiculed...

Old 05-18-2013, 07:20 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

This discussion isn't about Bush, it is about today's Republican Party.
Really?

Bush?

Old 05-18-2013, 07:25 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
So why would anything the democrats have to say impact the republican primary? Let me give you a hint--it doesn't. The truth is that all of those candidates were bat poop crazy, and everyone but the very far right end of the R base knew it. The democrats didn't do anything to those candidates--they did it to themselves by opening their mouths. The money people in the party couldn't stomach any of them, and knew they'd get killed in a general election, so they threw their support to Romney. He was a terrible candidate as well--just not AS nutty--and he lost.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:52 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Oh yes, the Democrats must be so powerful that they have dominion over the right-wingers who vote in Republican primaries. Dream On

The reality, of course, was that the other GOP candidates sabotaged themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies