Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2013, 02:04 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Learning to read and write isnt the topic of the thread, its building a business. If you dont know the difference then dont try to lecture others on what you clearly dont comprehend.
You know many business owners who can't read or write?

Big picture yall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 02:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
The world is like a victorian clock. Absent all the other parts no matter how motivated or ingenious one part is it is pretty damn useless without the other parts.

I really don't care how well or poorly you do. I just am stating my opinion that I find it to be the acme of hubris to say "I" built this (alone) when in fact you were only able to build it because enough of those other clock pieces were working properly.
But simply needing the hands on the clock to display the time, doesnt mean the parts inside didnt do their part all by themself.

A car doesnt move all by itself, but that doesnt mean the gas doesnt produce the energy needed.

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
I think this explains it all....

The Little Red Hen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Your qualifications for a particular job we have in mind for you.
Yeah, I guess all logical conversations are now over.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:06 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Dispute your point? You started the thread, its up to YOU to back it up which you havent. All you did was claim others including the government builds peoples businesses...

Backup YOUR claim by telling me how government helped to build my business..

I aint angry, I'm embarassed for people like you..
The legal system upon which all of us depend. The regulatory system that allows this system to continue without collapsing. The infrastructure that the private sector would never want to operate on its own that enables you customers, suppliers and all your goods to move.

The list is exhaustive. Your knowledge base is not.

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
This is one of the most retarded threads I've ever encountered.. So lets see if I get this straight..

I'm a success only because someone gave life to me..
Very simple logic. In logic there is a difference between a necessary condition and a sufficient condition. You being born is a necessary condition to your "success", but it is not a sufficient condition absent other conditions. As I said there are other factors, but absent you being born you would not be a "success"

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
What on Earth are you fools talking about?
You secured your freedom all by your lonesome?

Old 05-19-2013, 02:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
You know many business owners who can't read or write?

Big picture yall.
I know lots of people who can read and write but are complete failures in life. Simply reading and writing doesnt qualify one to be a success

Old 05-19-2013, 02:08 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
You are embarrassing yourself again. And by the way, I did build that, all by myself. If I needed another's skills I hired and paid an agreed upon amount. As I became more successful I hired at an agreed upon amount. With Obama's attitude I decided against hiring more people. Why take on more responsibility of more employees when it doesn't make sense.

I don't think whining would get the job done.
So when you were 1 you yourself paid for your food and clothes. Very interesting.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:08 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
You secured your freedom all by your lonesome?
I never claimed that, all I said was that I paid my dues. My freedom wasn't given to me, I paid for it. Did you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies