Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2013, 10:35 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,493,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Exactly, which is why people should home school their kids.
Oh dear god...

I've known many homeschoolers, but this is the first time I've heard that reason for it offered. Good grief.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:37 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,502,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Statistics also show that gay men are most likely to contract STDs and die from them. By your argument, no sane person would practice homosexuality.

See, we can both throw ridiculous arguments back and forth.
Well, I am going to destroy your statistics on gay men being most likely to contract STD's and die from them Currently there are way more heterosexuals that have contracted HIV then gay men, something like 73% of new cases of AIDS are in heterosexuals. Homosexuality is not a practice, it is a sexual orientation, who one is attracted to.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:37 PM

38,648 posts, read 26,418,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I would, if my sons were scouts. They are not, because neither my ex-wife nor I can get past the whole God and country crapola. But gay scoutmasters would present no problem for us whatsoever.

Even on an unsupervised camping trip?

Since seeing is believing, I would say at this juncture you have no skin in the game and this makes your talk very cheap.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:38 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,970,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Do you mean that female children should not be educated by male grammer school teachers?, or that male children should not be educated by female grammer school teachers?
Why would anyone have that crazy idea in their head?

Teacher Has Sex With Student

Brazosport High School teacher accused of having sex with student at prom after-party | abc13.com

Jennifer Vigil, N.M. teacher, accused of having sex with student in her classroom, report says - Crimesider - CBS News

Teacher had sex with student at home | Seminole County News - WESH Home

Sex education teacher had sex with two students after one of the boys told her that he had a problem with his manhood... and she asked to see it | Mail Online

Old 05-24-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Do you mean that female children should not be educated by male grammer school teachers?, or that male children should not be educated by female grammer school teachers?
That is not what I am saying, it seems that that is what the other poster I replied to is implying. That if one is attracted to one sex, that they will possibly molest a child of that sex. I as an adult gay male would never ever even think of doing that to a child. How horrible that people would think that because I am gay, that I would molest a boy. So sad that people have such narrow minds.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:42 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,360,793 times
No one is denying that there are abnormal and sexually predatory adults "out there". . . . .only that they are more likey to be "gay" than "straight"!

Old 05-24-2013, 10:42 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,493,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Even on an unsupervised camping trip?

Since seeing is believing, I would say at this juncture you have no skin in the game and this makes your talk very cheap.
We've had a gay babysitter, is there a difference?

Old 05-24-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
No one is denying that there are abnormal and sexually predatory adults "out there". . . . .only that they are more likey to be "gay" than "straight"!
Wrong, they are more likely to be straight men.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:44 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,360,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
That is not what I am saying, it seems that that is what the other poster I replied to is implying. That if one is attracted to one sex, that they will possibly molest a child of that sex. I as an adult gay male would never ever even think of doing that to a child. How horrible that people would think that because I am gay, that I would molest a boy. So sad that people have such narrow minds.
Nor would any of my dear gay male friends (or my female gay friends, for that matter_). . . .it is time for public opinion to to resemble reality, in this (and many other) matters. . . . .I just hope to see it in my lifetime!

Old 05-24-2013, 10:45 PM

38,648 posts, read 26,418,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Only the ignorant ones who don't understand the difference between being a gay adult male who is attracted to other adult males and being a pedophile.....who is attracted to children.

Don't tell me.

Tell it to the parents who will decide whether or not to trust their sons to someone who has unusual and unnatural sexual interests.

FTR, as far as I'm concerned, a pervert is a pervert and that definitely applies to men who substitute another man's hairy *** for a vagina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.