Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2013, 10:01 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
u r so right ultimately they must cave in to the legal pressure and openly invite gays to be full participants in BSA.
of course to be fair-- current members have a right to withdraw if they are not comfortable with the promotion of gay lifestyle in BSA esp among minors. that is their right. this is the other side of the coin of the civil rights movement.

absolutly correct. . . .this is "freedom of choice" I do, however, feel sorry for those young people who are denied this wonderful opportunity to learn and grow, because of the prejudice of their parents!

Old 05-24-2013, 10:05 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I am gay, one of my friends has had me baby sit her two boys. She had no reason to not trust me just because I am gay. Where do you get your twisted logic from. I have a sense of right and wrong and know it is wrong to molest a child, very wrong. Very bad actually. Just because I am gay, does not mean I am attracted to boys because I am attracted to men. How utterly stupid can some people be, they think that because one is gay, it makes them immoral and incapable of good judgement or character. Just because you are straight, does that mean you are automatically suspect of being a child molester of little girls? By your logic, no adult should ever be trusted around children.
Your last sentence is actually the unfortunate truth. Perhaps I'm cynical, but I don't trust most adults to ever do the right thing. Maybe I've read too many true crime stories, but there are evil people out there and I need to be convinced that someone is safe before my kids go into any situation with someone, gay or straight, where they might be in trouble.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Your last sentence is actually the unfortunate truth. Perhaps I'm cynical, but I don't trust most adults to ever do the right thing. Maybe I've read too many true crime stories, but there are evil people out there and I need to be convinced that someone is safe before my kids go into any situation with someone, gay or straight, where they might be in trouble.

there are "evil" people "out there", but they are a very tiny minority, as they always have been, and being "gay" or "straight" has nothing at all to do with "evil" tendencies. Our current 24 / 7 news cycle, and emphasis on the "shocking", cause us to overestimate danger, and to fail to see the reality of our world, that 99.9 of us are honest, trustworthy, and truly loving individuals.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:15 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,495,242 times
Quote:
Well, in that case, you are a good parent, better than some I have known who barely even know their childs where abouts. I had worked for my friend as her gardener and we became friends, when they needed a babysitter, her boys requested me over their other babysitter who generally ignored them.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:16 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Do you really believe that pedophiles can't be gay? Are you that stupid or simplistic to believe that there is some magical dividing line between gay men attracted to "men" and gay men attracted to males under 18?

I assume you're gay because no normal person would think the way you do.
Can they be? Yes. Are most of them? No. 98% of all child molesters, even of boys are heterosexual or have no adult orientation. A child is 100 times more likely to be molested by a spouses heterosexual partner than a gay person.

Learn the difference between sexual orientation and child molestation. They are not related. The very meaning of what it is to be gay pretty much eliminates gays from molesting children. Boys do not possess any qualities than gay men are attracted to. They do possess qualities straight men are attracted to because at a young age, they're more like young girls.

It also depends exactly on what age we're talking about.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I supported the Boy Scouts for years. I even taught classes on severe storms and lightning to numerous troops. Now they will never even so much as get a good word or a referral from me. Never again.
I consider that a good thing. Buh bye!

Old 05-24-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I consider that a good thing. Buh bye!
can't "rep" you again, but I fully agree!

Old 05-24-2013, 10:20 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
You're right about that. The LGBT community is not going to settle for second-class citizenship.

And that's a good thing.

I'm enjoying the schadenfreude.

Second-class citizenship?

Did homosexual acts suddenly become something other than voluntary behavior?

Did sexual preference become something other than thought?

What's next, forcing Alcoholics Anonymous to accept people who choose to drink?

Old 05-24-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
I guess I can't grasp the difference between putting a grown heterosexual man in charge of a group of girls, and putting a grown homosexual man in charge of a group of boys.

Maybe you can explain the difference.
Because homosexual men are extremely unlikely to be attracted to young boys (depending on the age). They do not possess any of the qualities gay men are attracted to. Interviews with pedophiles show, those who target young boys like them for the same reason they like girls. Soft skin, hairless, soft features, etc. Gay men are attracted to masculine qualities, which don't exist in young boys.

You are a FAR greater risk of your son being molested by a heterosexual adult, then a homosexual one.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:23 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Can they be? Yes. Are most of them? No. 98% of all child molesters, even of boys are heterosexual or have no adult orientation. A child is 100 times more likely to be molested by a spouses heterosexual partner than a gay person.

Learn the difference between sexual orientation and child molestation. They are not related. The very meaning of what it is to be gay pretty much eliminates gays from molesting children. Boys do not possess any qualities than gay men are attracted to. They do possess qualities straight men are attracted to because at a young age, they're more like young girls.

It also depends exactly on what age we're talking about.
I'm not disagreeing with any of your statistics. The vast majority of pedophiles are straight - because the vast majority of human beings are straight.

My attempt at a point, which seems to be lost on the gay people here, is that most parents should not and will not put their children in a situation of risk with an adult who is attracted to the child's gender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.