Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2013, 10:25 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,799,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I don't give a shlt about your statistics. Look at the statistics of pedophilia in the Catholic Church.
Most of those pedophiles are heterosexual in their adult orientation (or have no adult orientation).

Old 05-24-2013, 10:25 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,510,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Second-class citizenship?

Did homosexual acts suddenly become something other than voluntary behavior?

Did sexual preference become something other than thought?

What's next, forcing Alcoholics Anonymous to accept people who choose to drink?
We have what choice then. Try and be straight? Live a lie and lie to another person of the opposite sex? You think we should choose to abstain then? Why don't you try and abstain from being straight. As long as we are not being represented equally by the federal govenment and have laws created against us, Yes, we are treated like second class citizens, not equal citizens.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:27 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,799,742 times
Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with any of your statistics. The vast majority of pedophiles are straight - because the vast majority of human beings are straight.

My attempt at a point, which seems to be lost on the gay people here, is that most parents should not and will not put their children in a situation of risk with an adult who is attracted to the child's gender.
Well, since statistics show a heterosexual man is most likely to molest boys, I'd much sooner have gay scout leaders than heterosexual ones.

By your argument, no adult should be a scout leader.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:28 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,364,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
We have what choice then. Try and be straight? Live a lie and lie to another person of the opposite sex? You think we should choose to abstain then? Why don't you try and abstain from being straight. As long as we are not being represented equally by the federal govenment and have laws created against us, Yes, we are treated like second class citizens, not equal citizens.

Your "best" choice is to be your best authentic self. . . . .as you well know! The opinions of the prejudiced should have NO affect on you, personally, even if they are members of your own family. YOU know what is right and proper for you. . . .and many of us, both gay and straight, support you fully!

Old 05-24-2013, 10:29 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,501,969 times
Quote:
My attempt at a point, which seems to be lost on the gay people here, is that most parents should not and will not put their children in a situation of risk with an adult who is attracted to the child's gender.
Life is not free of risks, as I tried to point out in my admittedly sarcastic automobile example. You can live in fear and teach your children to do the same, but not every parent finds that appealing.

Last edited by djacques; 05-24-2013 at 10:45 PM..

Old 05-24-2013, 10:30 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,510,267 times
Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with any of your statistics. The vast majority of pedophiles are straight - because the vast majority of human beings are straight.

That makes little sense, children are often in class rooms with teachers that would be attracted to that childs gender. Attraction to females does not automatically make a male likely to molest a little girl, nor the same with a woman or a lesbian or a gay man. A child molester is interested in children and often of an adult heterosexual orientation, not gay.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:30 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,977,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Well, since statistics show a heterosexual man is most likely to molest boys, I'd much sooner have gay scout leaders than heterosexual ones.

By your argument, no adult should be a scout leader.
Statistics also show that gay men are most likely to contract STDs and die from them. By your argument, no sane person would practice homosexuality.

See, we can both throw ridiculous arguments back and forth.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,977,993 times
Quote:
That makes little sense, children are often in class rooms with teachers that would be attracted to that childs gender. Attraction to females does not automatically make a male likely to molest a little girl, nor the same with a woman or a lesbian or a gay man. A child molester is interested in children and often of an adult heterosexual orientation, not gay.
Exactly, which is why people should home school their kids.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Life is not free of risks, as I tried to point out in my admittedly sarcastic automobile example. You can live in fear and teach your children go do the same, but not every parent finds that appealing.
Do you mean that female children should not be educated by male grammer school teachers?, or that male children should not be educated by female grammer school teachers?

Old 05-24-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Do you mean that female children should not be educated by male grammer school teachers?, or that male children should not be educated by female grammer school teachers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.