Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 03:31 PM

40,954 posts, read 49,228,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Honestly, I think that organization is on it's last legs anyway.
Hope not. They still do a lot of very good in making young boys into men.

Who we gonna trust, the Govt to do a better job ?

Old 05-25-2013, 03:37 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,387,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Well seeing as one can't choose to be gay, they will never become gay if it were to ever be cool.
And, whites don't become black just by acting that way.

Look at Aimee, she be actin' black all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiKh9Ko3mw4

Old 05-25-2013, 06:04 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,730,109 times
I spent 8 years in Boy Scouts and was an SPL. I'm also a straight married guy.

They should let gay men be Scout leaders. In over 100 years, thousands of Boy Scouts have been molested--by ostensibly straight male pedophiles. Was Jerry Sandusky a gay man? No. He was a guy everyone thought of as straight--when in reality, he was a pedophile who preferred boys. Similarly, serial pedophile/murderer John Wayne Gacy was as masculine a man as you could find.

If they let gay men be Scout leaders, I have no doubt they would be going overboard to prevent any possibility of even the impression of possible inappropriateness. They would probably be deathly afraid of showering on a campout. It's like male teachers being afraid (as they are wise to be) to hug the kids or even pat them on the back.

It'll happen eventually.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:46 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,768,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Opportunity and because young boys are very similar in development to young girls.

Journal of the American Medical Association

"One study noted that 98% of these male perpetrators self-identified as heterosexual."

Sexual Abuse of Boys. Definition, Prevalence, Correlates, Sequelae, and Management William C. Holmes, MD, MSCE; Gail B. Slap, MD, MS JAMA. 1998;280:1855-1862.

“..a child’s risk of being molested by his or her relative’s heterosexual partner is 100 times greater than by someone who might be identified as a homosexual."

(Carole Jenny et al., Are Children at Risk for Sexual Abuse by Homosexuals?; 94 Pediatrics 41; July 1994)

Behavior Research and Therapy
"Amongst the heterosexuals, the commonest remarks concerning attractive features of the victims, were that the young boys did not have any body hair and that their bodies were soft and smooth."

Marshal, W.L.; Barbaree, H.E.; Butt, Jennifer. “Sexual offenders against male children: Sexual preferences.”

Archives of Sexual Behavior
“The research to date all points to there being no significant relationship between a homosexual lifestyle and child molestation. There appears to be practically no reportage of sexual molestation of girls by lesbian adults, and the adult male who sexually molests young boys is not likely to be homosexual."

Groth, A. N., & Gary, T. S. (1982). Heterosexuality, homosexuality, and pedophilia: Sexual offenses against children and adult sexual orientation.

"Homosexuality and homosexual pedophilia are not synonymous. In fact, it may be that these two orientations are mutually exclusive, the reason being that the homosexual male is sexually attracted to masculine qualities whereas the heterosexual male is sexually attracted to feminine characteristics, and the sexually immature child’s qualities are more feminine than masculine. . . . The child offender who is attracted to and engaged in adult sexual relationships is heterosexual. It appears, therefore, that the adult heterosexual male constitutes a greater sexual risk to underage children than does the adult homosexual male."

A. Nicholas Groth, William F. Hobson, and Thomas S. Gary, “The Child Molester: Clinical Observations,” in Social Work and Child Sexual Abuse, eds. Jon R. Conte and David A. Shore (New York: Haworth Press, 1982), p.136.
Thanks.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:46 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,402,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
It's like trying to teach a Holstein the Dance of the Seven Veils. Utterly hopeless. They'll hang on to their misconceptions and misperceptions like grim death, and nothing you can say or do will budge them. It's called a fixed delusion.

I've never known a heterosexual who wore drag, but I have known homosexuals, to include my late cousin, to wear drag.

You split hairs all you like, but in reality, a pervert is a pervert is a pervert.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:48 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,842,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Yesterday the Boy Scouts voted to allow gay youths only (no adults) into the org.

What happens in a few years when many of those youths become adults and are not allowed to be leaders?

Do you think a mass lawsuit will take place?
That's easy - once they become adults then they get slung out of the scouts.

Wanna be a scout ? then stop being gay.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:26 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,784,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
That's easy - once they become adults then they get slung out of the scouts.

Wanna be a scout ? then stop being gay.
Seeing as one can't stop being gay, your advice is ridiculous.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:32 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,954,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Scouting is a Private Christian Organization. Let them set their own boundaries and rules.
What a POWERFULLY MISINFORMED statement.

Christian organization???? Seriously????!!!!!!

You don't think there are hundreds of synagogue sponsored troops and thousands of Jewish boys in the BSA? I'll name one former eagle scout who was a major benefactor to .the BSA and who was also strongly against the anti-gay discriminatory policy: producer Steven Spielberg.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:37 PM

805 posts, read 1,162,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
And by doing so have committed organizational suicide. It's unfortunate either way. Into the dustbin of history.

It's not "want". It's called "caving in to political pressure". I'm sure we'll never know the real reasons or pressure that was exerted. Had it been something that the majority felt comfortable with or been on board with all along, this would have happened long ago and would never have been an issue.

I still hold that a separate Gay Scouts organization, would be the solution by which everyone would be happy. It would be interesting to see what type of institutional support such would receive at the community level. Florist shops? Leather bars? Interior design studios? Surely not churches or traditional supporters of Scout troops.

Why do gays want to be in Scouting anyhow? Seriously, what is offered in the typical Scouting activities that would be of any interest to them? (And note I'm skipping the opportunity for the obvious remarks here that would get a mod's rebuke. This is a query of genuine interest.)
You do not seem to understand what being is about. It is merely about an individual having a same sex sexual orientation. That is, gays are attracted to members of the same sex. If an individual is attracted to members of the same sex, that does not mean that he is not interested in traditional Scouting activities.

Also, how does admitting gay members amount to organizational suicide?

Old 05-25-2013, 08:46 PM

33,587 posts, read 18,183,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
I spent 8 years in Boy Scouts and was an SPL. I'm also a straight married guy.

They should let gay men be Scout leaders. In over 100 years, thousands of Boy Scouts have been molested--by ostensibly straight male pedophiles. Was Jerry Sandusky a gay man? No. He was a guy everyone thought of as straight--when in reality, he was a pedophile who preferred boys. Similarly, serial pedophile/murderer John Wayne Gacy was as masculine a man as you could find.

If they let gay men be Scout leaders, I have no doubt they would be going overboard to prevent any possibility of even the impression of possible inappropriateness. They would probably be deathly afraid of showering on a campout. It's like male teachers being afraid (as they are wise to be) to hug the kids or even pat them on the back.

It'll happen eventually.
How can they be straight by committing a gay act of sodomy? Who says there are straight if they commit sodomy. They just don't commit sodomy with men but they commit sodomy with boys because they are more vulnerable and young and they think they can keep them quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.