Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 12:13 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,388,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
You first.
Ladies first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 10:08 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,354,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
He has Canadian blood coursing through his veins, every minute of the day and knight.
So my Blood type is Canadian All this time I thought it O+ this is good to know if I ever get in a car wreck and need a few pints of blood for transfusion that make sure it is type Canadian is there a difference between English and French speaking blood or are they compatible or does it have it in both English and fresh that it Canadian blood on the label.

Also I am not a knight so or my name would be have the title Sir added to the front like Sir Charles Branson or Sir Paul McCartney those people would have knighted blood which must be a very rare blood type.

also if my Canadian blood stop coursing through my veins then well go out a limb here my heart stropped and that is not good thing since I would need to get Canadian CPR and do not let me have no circulation for too long if you can help it.

Maybe get a oxygen tank going and even a shock to jump star the heart or I then become deceased Canadian and I would appreciate it since it would ruin my 30 year old consecutive year streak of staying alive.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:14 AM

32,835 posts, read 19,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Ted Cruz is a interesting bloke, born in Canada so a Canadian subject of the Queen of Canada. So does Cruz have the right to become US president when he was born in and owes his loyalty to her majesty and Canada ?
oh please...not another birther thread

saying that would be like saying since our POTUS is the son of BO sr a citizen of england, is he authorized to be potus, because his father is a subject of the queen

you guys take the cake

Old 06-17-2013, 11:11 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,388,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
So my Blood type is Canadian All this time I thought it O+ this is good to know if I ever get in a car wreck and need a few pints of blood for transfusion that make sure it is type Canadian is there a difference between English and French speaking blood or are they compatible or does it have it in both English and fresh that it Canadian blood on the label.

Also I am not a knight so or my name would be have the title Sir added to the front like Sir Charles Branson or Sir Paul McCartney those people would have knighted blood which must be a very rare blood type.

also if my Canadian blood stop coursing through my veins then well go out a limb here my heart stropped and that is not good thing since I would need to get Canadian CPR and do not let me have no circulation for too long if you can help it.

Maybe get a oxygen tank going and even a shock to jump star the heart or I then become deceased Canadian and I would appreciate it since it would ruin my 30 year old consecutive year streak of staying alive.
Queen's Dirt One to Queen's Blood, Queen's Dirt One to Queen's Blood - We have PRIZM.

Queen's Blood One to Queen Blood, Queen's Blood One to Queen Blood - PRIZM confirmed!

Old 06-17-2013, 11:34 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,331,801 times
I'm no fan of Ted Cruz...frankly I think the guy is an embarrassment to the state of Texas.

However, based on what I have read so far, it appears to me that he was born an American citizen and is therefore eligible for the Presidency. I just hope he loses, and loses BIG, if he decides to run.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:36 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,970,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm no fan of Ted Cruz...frankly I think the guy is an embarrassment to the state of Texas.

However, based on what I have read so far, it appears to me that he was born an American citizen and is therefore eligible for the Presidency. I just hope he loses, and loses BIG, if he decides to run.
Same here. I can't take more "tea party" candidates anymore. He is definitely gonna be a loser. I also do not like the idea of voting for a president that was born in a country with a monarch

Old 06-17-2013, 11:39 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,331,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Same here. I can't take more "tea party" candidates anymore. He is definitely gonna be a loser. I also do not like the idea of voting for a president that was born in a country with a monarch
He didn't choose his birthplace.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:41 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,354,277 times
I thought this was a real question at first trying to answer Canadian born but became a full American citizen can he become a Duo citizen to come back to Canada if he wanted and went through the process to be able to so.

But have to admit the OP tricked this Canuck since it sounded like a legit question till the subject of the Queen and all the other non sense then you guys always make things into some about your president or is it the Democrats fault or the conservatives fault and to us we do not have the political divide and as long as our PM keeps doing his job till his term is up and we have a federal election.

But we will decide if he did a good job or a was terrible and show it by what party and what type of Government we vote in be it another majority or a minority either way our PM and the party that has a minority or majority Government has to try to make us happy and no one party has even been safe since they have to work and solve issues or being that we have Westminster style parliament and a governor General who Represent the Queen since being subject to her and all if things are not being done and the Government does not meet the timeline to pass a budget or act on major issues and is not functioning we prorogue and dissolve praliment and have an election.

It is, according to the constitution of Canada, the Canadian monarch's royal prerogative to prorogue the legislatures, though this is usually done for the federal parliament by the sovereign's federal representative, the Governor General of Canada, and always for the provincial parliaments by the monarch's provincial representatives, the lieutenant governors.

Like all such actions of the sovereign and governors, this is almost exclusively done on the advice of the relevant prime minister who holds the confidence of the elected chamber of parliament.

A parliamentary session lasts until a prorogation, after which, without ceremony, the one or both chambers of the legislature cease all legislative business until the governor general or lieutenant governor issues a proclamation calling for a new session to begin. For the federal parliament, except for the election of a speaker for the House of Commons and his or her claiming of that house's privileges, the same procedures for the opening of parliament are again followed.

Prorogation is a necessary action, including in "situations where governments need to stop and refocus." At the same time, arbitrary use of the power of prorogation can "[unbalance] the very fragile balance of power that exists between the different parts of government." What is paramount is that the legislature be recalled so the opposition can hold the cabinet to account for its actions,a task central to the functioning of responsible government.

source: Prorogation in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-17-2013, 11:46 AM

89,201 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Looks like he is eligible... I don't know anything about his parents though.

Constitutional Topic: Citizenship - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

[LEFT]
  • Anyone born inside the United States
  • Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
  • Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
  • Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
  • Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
  • Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
  • Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
[/LEFT]
You posted a website describing citizenship. The Constitutional requirement for POTUS is "natural born citizen," not just "citizen."

Old 06-17-2013, 11:59 AM

89,201 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Native-born is but ONE of the prerequisites of being a Natural Born Citizen.

Both parents had to have been U.S. citizens at birth time is the OTHER prerequisite.
Exactly so!
Quote:
Some say that the word "natural" has no meaning, because the courts have evolved the meaning to redundant non-existence.
Exactly. A LOT of people have been fooled by dumbed-down revisionist rhetoric.

The "tell" that something more is required than merely being BORN a citizen is the qualifier of "natural" in the actual Constitutional requirement. If what the dumbed-down proclaim to be true were actually true, the requirement would merely have been "born citizen." However, as we all know, that's NOT what the Constitution says. The requirement is "natural born citizen."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies