Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 09:27 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjam1 View Post
Fed index ranks Wisconsin 49th in economic outlook

In the latest economic indicator that casts Wisconsin in a negative light, the Badger State ranks 49th in the nation in the most recent index from the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.

Meanwhile, the liberals to the East...

In the economic game, Minnesota is pulling away from Wisconsin | Statewide | Minnesota Public Radio News
not according to all records

wisconsin had a net GAIN of jobs in 2011, and 2012...better than most states

FACTS dont support your op
2011:
job creation index 2011

from BEST to WORST by state not counting DC

north dakota
iowa
ok
utah
nebraska
indiana
WV
SD
AK
Mississippi
SC
Va
Tenn
Ga
Ky
Mn
Tex
Arkansas
Del
Mich
WISCONSIN
AZ
Maryland
Ohio
VT
Penn
Wyoming
Missouri
alabam
mass
kansas
lousi
hawaii
maine
washington
idaho
CT
Montana
FL
cali
NM
NC
NY
oregon
nv
MH
NJ
RI

with wisconsin onb the better side of the middle

2012:
job creation index 2012

from BEST to WORST by state including DC
North Dakota
South Dakota
Nebraska
District of Columbia
Texas
Oklahoma
Minnesota
Iowa
Indiana
Utah
Maryland
Ohio
Missouri
Kansas
Wisconsin
Michigan
Arkansas
Wyoming
Vermont
Tennessee
Pennsylvania
Massachusetts
Louisiana
Illinois
Georgia
Arizona
Virginia
South Carolina
NATIONAL AVERAGE
Washington
North Carolina
Mississippi
Kentucky
Alabama
Nevada
Montana
Colorado
Alaska
New Hampshire
Hawaii
Florida
West Virginia
Rhode Island
Delaware
California
Oregon
New York
New Mexico
New Jersey
Idaho
Connecticut
Maine

State of the States
hmmm

seems that wisconsin is doing BETTER than average...better than 50% of the other states....seems the OP's biased OP is WRONG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 10:10 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
not according to all records

wisconsin had a net GAIN of jobs in 2011, and 2012...better than most states

FACTS dont support your op

seems that wisconsin is doing BETTER than average...better than 50% of the other states....seems the OP's biased OP is WRONG
When his "source" is what is basically a left-wing blog, what do you expect?

Old 06-19-2013, 10:24 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Public unions... Not private. Lets get this straight.
Rahm Emanuel has been taking on the Chicago Public Unions at the same time and the scale is comparable to WI.....and outside of Chicago you don't hear a peep about it.

I have some relatives in WI that are pretty much hard-core liberals and they told it to me straight that a lot of otherwise democratic voters are just fed up with all the healthcare cuts they've taken, raises they don't get etc. in the tough economy but their public union relatives weren't sharing any of the pain.

It's really that simple.

Can you imagine living in Madison WI in a 100k house, your health insurance benefits are down, you haven't gotten a raise in 3 years, your a solid democratic voter.....and you see on the news that some of the union bus drivers are clearing 6 figures in your city and you just got your annual tax bill for $5,000 and are trying to figure out how you can pay for it because your kid needs braces and the cars engine is making a funny noise.

They might not like Walker...but they are pretty angry....

Old 06-19-2013, 10:31 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Sign of the times when rabid dems slice a tiny piece of the pie and gerneralize...you know like you do with racism....

Just like Newark NJ where supporters of corey booker proclaimed he turned newark around because, in one month, out of 40 years straight of a murder a month, a murder was not committed or rather not discovered in that one month. Of course the average is up a bit now.

This type of hype diminishes the veracity of rabid dog political supporters and who they champion. It is however, protein rich fodder for the galactically uninformed and ignorant.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:38 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Rahm Emanuel has been taking on the Chicago Public Unions at the same time and the scale is comparable to WI.....and outside of Chicago you don't hear a peep about it.

I have some relatives in WI that are pretty much hard-core liberals and they told it to me straight that a lot of otherwise democratic voters are just fed up with all the healthcare cuts they've taken, raises they don't get etc. in the tough economy but their public union relatives weren't sharing any of the pain.

It's really that simple.

Can you imagine living in Madison WI in a 100k house, your health insurance benefits are down, you haven't gotten a raise in 3 years, your a solid democratic voter.....and you see on the news that some of the union bus drivers are clearing 6 figures in your city and you just got your annual tax bill for $5,000 and are trying to figure out how you can pay for it because your kid needs braces and the cars engine is making a funny noise.

They might not like Walker...but they are pretty angry....
Agree with this post.

I can't say I know much about Walker, but I spent some time in WI, and the support for him there seemed considerable compared to what makes it on the national news.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:41 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
Agree with this post.

I can't say I know much about Walker, but I spent some time in WI, and the support for him there seemed considerable compared to what makes it on the national news.
Because that is what they want you to see.....

Take the recall election in Colorado, hear about it much? Is it out there, yep, but it goes against gun control....something they don't want you to see...

Old 06-19-2013, 11:29 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
Agree with this post.

Uh, where exactly in WI did you visit?

Old 06-19-2013, 11:31 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Uh, where exactly in WI did you visit?
It sounds like somewhere/anywhere outside of Madison (aka Ed Shultz's new adopted home town).

Old 06-19-2013, 11:33 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It sounds like somewhere/anywhere outside of Madison (aka Ed Shultz's new adopted home town).
It's too bad you don't know what you're saying. I believe I was asking that other person, right?

Old 06-19-2013, 11:43 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
It's too bad you don't know what you're saying. I believe I was asking that other person, right?
Twice in 2 days 2 leftis are complaining about being responded to in an OPEN forum!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies