Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 07:42 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,661,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What, exactly, is a "gun culture"?
Are you kidding me?

Just go to any thread on here about gun control or gun laws and you will see evidence of America's gun culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 07:42 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,276,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Nope, you don't let in Canadians who smoke weed. Canadians have been turned back for having weed on them.
Having weed on you is different though. Do we turn people away that just have drug convictions?

Old 06-21-2013, 07:45 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,814,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Having weed on you is different though. Do we turn people away that just have drug convictions?
No idea. I haven't had that problem crossing the border. But I know a pothead that declared his weed stash crossing US customs.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:46 PM

Canada wouldn't want to share our lax food safety standards. Canada has better food safety---their chickens and pigs are hormone-free, same with milk, it's hormone and antibiotic free. Americans don't like regulation, so we poison ourselves to maintain our illusion of freedom.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:47 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,780,122 times
I never said I didnt want them to come shop in the Soo. I said border security should be beefed up in a way that they couldnt engage in criminal activities such as tax evasion and black markets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You are funny. Purchasing consumer goods on your side of the border adds to your local economy, and takes away from their own economy.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
No idea. I haven't had that problem crossing the border. But I know a pothead that declared his weed stash crossing US customs.
There's no way you can cross either border declaring pot. You'd be arrested.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,040,088 times
Quote:
Are you kidding me?

Just go to any thread on here about gun control or gun laws and you will see evidence of America's gun culture.
That response is not very illuminating.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:53 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,489,421 times
Quote:
Canadians wouldn't want all your sick people coming to Canada for medical care and cheap prescriptions. Canada wouldn't want all the guns and gun culture either.
I was thinking exactly the same thing...especially about the gun culture. I actually like the fact we have a more egalitarian neighbor, where people respect each other, aren't as angry, don't shoot each other at the drop of a hat, are kind and good to each other and are a little more laid back than us in the states.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:54 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,814,720 times
Quote:
There's no way you can cross either border declaring pot. You'd be arrested.
LOL! Obviously. If any of his friend's had known he was going to declare it, they would have told him to shut up. He got turned back (no jail time) and he's not allowed back into the States now. He can do paperwork and pay money to get back into the States, but he'll have to redo the process something like every 4 years for the rest of his natural life. LOL!

You're not going to get jail time just for carrying a little pot here.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:55 PM

27,176 posts, read 15,359,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumsen View Post
Isn't it time to repeal the U.S. and Canadian border yet? We share the longest and most peaceful border in the world. It's time to also be able to move and work freely between those two nations without any need to obtain citizenship and green card just like EU nations.

Canada would have a problem with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies