Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2013, 01:56 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Also for everyone who doesn't know, Canadians are very xenophobic and are just as anti-immigrant as we Americans.

Also, they are letting their country be flooded by third worlders too much as well.

Canada's annual intake of 250,000 immigrants is far too high and makes no sense
Yeppers alrighty; I'm the racist in the room for responding to this tripe and using the city of Dearborn as an example of the situation described in a racist fashion by one of you nuts. Oh and I'm also suffering from an inferiority complex.

Get a grip, boner ~ oops, did I just make a funny?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 02:02 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,510,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
They suck at football.
You mean Fordson?

Old 06-22-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Sorry my wife is a brilliant accountant and ive been recntly disabled. We got a split level on the lake an Audi and a Caddy in the driveway. And i travelled to my home state of FL twice for extended vacations in the last year without all the hassle of a goofy looking air stream pulled by a broken down F-150
I'm happy for you.

Airstreams were never my thing and neither were Fix Or Repair Daily's. Our RV of choice for years was a 38 Mobile Suites pulled by a custom built International Toter with a bike barn on the back for the Harley Ultra. With 3:08 rearsets and 430hp/1600ft/lbs and a full tenspeed with .74 OD top ratio I guarandamntee you were never held up by me in either your Audi or your Caddy. Those were sold in summer of '10' and we now fly down to use the car we have down there and quite frankly love how the locals hold us by the ankles to shake us down.

Old 06-22-2013, 02:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
I think hes a Muslim hating racist. Ive spent quite a bit of time at Immigration
in Detroit as my wife is from the PIs. Most of that office is serving Arab
Muslims and alot of them live in Dearborn. My interactions with them was always
friendly and they just seemed to be looking for a bitter way of life. I cant
read the posters mind but i think its some kind of bigoted remark concerning the
large number of Arabs in Dearborn
Typo or Freudian slip?

Old 06-22-2013, 02:47 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Typo or Freudian slip?

But not bigoted and racist

Old 06-22-2013, 02:54 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh brother; How do Canadians evade YOUR taxes when they are purchasing stuff down there? Duuuuh.

Not like this of course:

Independent Bloggers' Alliance: Americans "Filching" Canada's Health Insurance System by the Thousands

Examining Canada's health care system - Susan Campbell | Still Small Voice

Read down through the comments a bit.

Do you have even the slightest idea about the "pot-meet-kettle" conundrum you're opening up with your biased comments? Even that epitome of Republican tea party anti-socialized healthcare bullcrap, Palin, admitted she and her family availed themselves of free Canadian health care when all she had to do was drive across the border for it. Sheesh.
You need a Canadian health card to get universal (it's not free) Canadian healthcare. If you came from the States you would have to pay cash.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:09 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,994,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumsen View Post
Isn't it time to repeal the U.S. and Canadian border yet? We share the longest and most peaceful border in the world.
It's time to also be able to move and work freely between those two nations without any need to obtain citizenship and green card just like EU nations.

Canada should be like a US State, and USA should be like a Canadian province, yet still different nations.
If cooler heads had prevailed in the 18th Century (i.e. William Pitt had gotton a proposed Act of Parliament passed in 1766 to give the 13 colonies plus Canada seats in Parliament) we might all live in a single British North America with only Provincial boundaries and our Jack and Stripes. Wouldn't it have been marvelous to see Ben Franklin, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison John Adams or Alexander Hamilton as MPs in the Mother of All Parliaments.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:22 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You need a Canadian health card to get universal (it's not free) Canadian healthcare. If you came from the States you would have to pay cash.
Our Medicare cards didn't always have picture IDs on them. It was very easy to borrow a card from a Canadian and get health care. I've even seen people trying to use the picture ID cards if they have a vague resemblance to the person.
"I've dyed my hair and lost weight. It's really me."

Old 06-22-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
No, when they come to the US to by cheap and subsidised merchandise and food i want them paying duty on their purchases. I remember in the Sault seeing them clean out our milk, turkeys and other inexpensive or subsidised food items. There would always be all kinds of old clothing left in the parking lots (you would think the slobs would at least dump their garbage in a can) as they wore across the border items they just purchased so they could reduce or eliminate their duty at customs. Canuckistanis are all arrogant and smug about their UHC but you dont here them say much about the oppresive taxes they pay for their dependency on the government. I think we should increase security at the border and make sure they pay for their American shopping sprees.
"Canusckistanis" mmmmm???? Yeppers; I guess I'M the bigoted, racist person and, lest you forgot, I also have that Canadian inferiority complex thingy; while you on the other hand are merely..... what.....????

I'll leave that to your confrere's to decide. They'll very likely judge you harsher than I ever could bonehead, errr boner.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Our Medicare cards didn't always have picture IDs on them. It was very easy to borrow a card from a Canadian and get health care. I've even seen people trying to use the picture ID cards if they have a vague resemblance to the person.
"I've dyed my hair and lost weight. It's really me."
They also bought and inherited cottages throughout the lakes areas of Ontario and therefore were able to apply for the early healthcards using an Ontario address while not paying any income taxes at all. This made them what?

Why goodness me; thieves, fraudsters and freeloaders are the operative words here. My, my!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies