Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 05:53 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
Okay once again, please share your link of all the recent time certain "folks" have rioted/burned/looted. You act like this is something that happens on a regular basis.

Just take a look at some of the Mad Max cities within the USA.......enough said!

Old 06-26-2013, 05:54 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Today was the first time that I have been at home in time to watch any of the trial. And, unfortunately, won't be around tomorrow. I did watch the last half of Rachel's testimony.

Actually, she was quite good. Not that bright but she does catch on. Tomorrow will be interesting, West will try his usual thing but maybe she understands him better now.

If I were West I'd drop more discussions of her avoiding the services for Trayvon. I don't think that is a question that she would not go but that she simply could not go. And she was quite explicit on that point.

The other thing about West. He really should spend some time and catch up with the rest of the world re communications these days. I get the idea that he has never sent nor read even an Email. I wonder if he is aware yet that he too could use a cell phone.
Too bad you won't be able to watch tomorrow. I certainly could be wrong, but I think tomorrow West will do everything he can to make her angry on the stand, to push those anger buttons. It might be helpful to him if she demonstrated a real outburst of anger, depending upon what she was angry about.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:57 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Too bad you won't be able to watch tomorrow. I certainly could be wrong, but I think tomorrow West will do everything he can to make her angry on the stand, to push those anger buttons. It might be helpful to him if she demonstrated a real outburst of anger, depending upon what she was angry about.
IDK, I think she likes playing with him. Wonder why he needs another few hours with her. I do hope that he changes how he goes about things because they aren't working with her.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:00 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
I say GZ goes down for Manslaughter......judge gives him the maximum sentence. Just about everyone I see on the Telly is for Tray-Tray and against GZ.

Then African Americans can cheer and whoop it up................just like they did when OJ got away with murdering 2 innocent Whites via Jury Nullification.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:00 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
If any of his video testimony is true , when Trayvon asked him if there was a problem, zimmerman should have responded something to the effect of "no, I'm the neighborhood watch person and I don't recognize you, that's all".

That would have been the end of it.

But NO! zimmerman had to be all badass and come back with a stupid remark, instead of identifying himself. Goes to show his attitude and state of mind.

I mean, even police officers have to identify themselves if they are going to take action against someone.

No wonder georgie porgie failed police academy (thank god).
You are totally right. I think George saw a lone teen, Trayvon....and he was enjoying terrorizing him and menacing him. Fully loaded weapon in hand.

He didn't confront those grown men when he called on his previous 911 calls. He stayed behind his locked doors, afraid to even be seen.

I think he just lost it...Trayvon was gonna pay for all those other "a-h---- who got away.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:02 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Sad when being rude in court is now a sign of greatness by some.....

Her time isnt over either, as she returns tomorrow. Her "what?" response, I suppose some loved that one too. She may be young but shes an adult. Show some damn respect while in court. This isnt your twitter account lady, grow up.
When you are talking to someone and they turn around and walk away from you, naturally you wonder if they are really listening to you.

It's obvious that she was speaking directly to the defense attorney. The judge, jury, prosecution, audience, were not even in her radar. She is unsophisticated. She perceives that she is being attacked, made fun of, or whatever she was thinking. The point is, to her, it's the lawyer vs. her. Some people in this thread have already made fun of her for her 'lack of intelligence'. I don't know if it's that, but she is definitely not worldly-wise, and, in fact, that is not a trait of diminished intelligence. Just a lack of experience.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I believe those carrying a weapon should be required to meet certain minimum standards of behaviour i.e. not provoking confrontations. I think Zimmerman will be found not guilty because the jury will not be able to conclude beyond a reasonable doubt what the heck happened in the second meeting of Martin and Zimmerman. The gross irresponsibility Zimmmerman enacted on that night should be punished even if Martin was the aggressor in the second confrontation in my opinion. You should not be able to bait someone into a fight and then kill them.
He was grossly irresponsible. However the law doesn't say unless you are grossly irresponsible. If that were the case every person who ever bought a home they couldn't afford would be jailed.
I agree GZ's actions and willful disregard of his training and advice from police led to the final confrontation.
What this hinges upon is will the jury conclude that the Prosecutions witnesses are more credible than GZ?
I dislike the man and his actions, and I detest the idea that he would deny a citizen the right to walk down the street.
That said his defense is based upon he was afraid for his life. Maybe he was.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:07 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
When you are talking to someone and they turn around and walk away from you, naturally you wonder if they are really listening to you.

It's obvious that she was speaking directly to the defense attorney. The judge, jury, prosecution, audience, were not even in her radar. She is unsophisticated. She perceives that she is being attacked, made fun of, or whatever she was thinking. The point is, to her, it's the lawyer vs. her. Some people in this thread have already made fun of her for her 'lack of intelligence'. I don't know if it's that, but she is definitely not worldly-wise, and, in fact, that is not a trait of diminished intelligence. Just a lack of experience.
Well said.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:07 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I was responding to comments/question made by Sun Thinker. I was not talking about the jury understanding that. And, who knows? There is a woman on the jury who is Hispanic/Black. Maybe she understands the cultural differences. What I do think is that the jury is able to see this young woman as being authentic and honest in her testimony and that she does NOT have an agenda to "get" Zimmerman. She doesn't care about this trial. She cares only that her friend is dead, and, unfortunately, that's life.
According to the HLN reporters in the court room...The jurors were riveted on the witness, watching her every word. They also said they seemed a juror that always seems a bit frustrated with all the side bars was totally focused on the witness. It is hard to know for sure , but I understood her.....She has a slang speak...I've heard it before.
It was her low tone that seemed more problematic imo.

Last edited by JanND; 06-26-2013 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: edit text

Old 06-26-2013, 06:09 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
myths about trayvon:

◦Trayvon was a normal, well-adjusted teenager.

Seventeen-year-olds don’t normally have gold teeth, multiple tattoos, multiple school suspensions, friends publicly asking them for “plant” on their Facebooks, issues with graffiti, school problems with “burglary tools,” and so on.

What we do see is an escalating pattern of illegal behavior.

Multiple tattoos may be regarded by some as nothing beyond popular fashion, but without parental consent minors cannot get them.

Trayvon seems to have had several when he was only sixteen. Did he lie about his age or did his parents go with him when he got them?

In a few short months during his junior year in high school, Trayvon was suspended on three separate occasions, including one time when he was caught with a “burglary tool” and a bunch of jewelry that didn’t belong to him.

===============

Trayvon’s character matters deeply in this case.

Since this shooting has become an extremely polarizing national news item, everyone involved requires scrutiny. That especially holds true for Trayvon, since his actions on the night of the shooting are truly at the heart of all of this.

We have to ask ourselves, “Was Trayvon the sort of person who would viciously attack and beat Zimmerman, as Zimmerman claims?” To answer that question, we have to know as much as we can about Trayvon and how he conducted himself.

The media has spent an inordinate amount of time looking into Zimmerman’s background. For a long while the same scrutiny was not applied to Martin. That has changed now somewhat. As more facts are coming out about who Martin was, the image many people had of him turned out to be very inaccurate.

Trayvon no longer seems to be the innocent victim the media initially portrayed him as.

In fact, Martin wasn’t the victim if he unilaterally assaulted and viciously beat Zimmerman, as every piece of evidence currently seems to suggest.

========================

◦George Zimmerman is racist.

There is no evidence to suggest that George Zimmerman is racist and quite a lot of evidence against it.

Zimmerman and his wife were in the big brother / big sister program and mentored two black children. That doesn’t sound like the actions of a racist to me.

His friends and family have been extremely outspoken about Zimmerman not being racist from the start. Apparently, Zimmerman grew up in a multi-cultural family and has always been anything but discriminatory.

=========================

zimmerman was 5'8 and 170 lbs.....tm was about 6' (death certificate state 5'11)and 160 lbs
Are you quoting these statements from sworn testimony during the trial?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies