Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 09:36 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,757,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well there are plenty of animals that don't need a safe zone. Pit Bulls aren't one. We aren't talking about humans encroaching on land that is inhabited by the wild pit bull here. We are talking about humans taking these animals as pets and introducing them into OUR habitat. It aint working. Maybe I'm wrong maybe the owners are at fault as they should never even have em in the first place. But these folks think the person who feeds em is teaching em wrong somehow. No they are just animals who do what they do no matter who owns em. That is why you don't have a pet tiger. Unless you think tigers can be introduced into our culture as a pet. Of course folks will blame guess who when the tiger takes out it's instincts and kills folks. I mean a tiger would never go attack anything right??
No problem, lets ban a breed because it has attacked and killed a few people, nevermind the insane amounts of pit bulls that have been killed and hurt by human beings. For every one pitbull that has attacked a human, there are probably 1,000 dogs that have been harmed or needlessly killed.

Let me phrase this another way. Say, for instance, that 90% of murders in the US are committed by people between the height of 5'6 - 5'9. Therefore, anybody who is of this height must be killed for the benefit of mankind since they have an innate instinct to kill. See how I can flip the script?

Quite frankly dogs are MUCH better animals then humans can ever hope to be. The more people I meet, the more I like my dog better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 12:27 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Then maybe you should go live in the wild with your animals. Sounds like you would be happier there. Just don't be surprised when your mutt goes and finds another owner when you can't provide his mutt food anymore. lol

Old 06-27-2013, 12:50 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You're preaching to the choir, my friend. I ran a pitbull rescue for many years. I took in dogs that were destined for the gas chamber, rehabbed them and found them good homes.
They're very sweet dogs. Always eager to please, would take a bullet for you, and just want what every other dog wants. A dish of food, a roof over their heads, a kind word and a scritch behind the ears.

Behind the ears? Mine like their butt scratched.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:00 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
No reason to own a pit or any other animal capable of killing humans. Same with pythons or boa's or any other wild animal. That is what they are. Why not just let everybody own a tiger if they so choose? I'm sure when the tiger goes and kills a kid it will be the owners fault right? Nature is in play here. Go buy a damn poodle if you want a dog.
Just about every animal I have is capable of killing humans, dogs, cats, horses, pigs, goats and pigs. Cant say the ducks or guineas are a real threat tho.

Quote:
I don't care which dogs are dangerous. None of em should be "pets" in my view. I'm not on the "I hate pit bull" bandwagon. If an animal kills humans, children mostly, then they don't need to be "pets" in my view. I don't have pet black widow spiders for a reason.
Humans kill humans. Should we ban the group of humans that are most likely to kill.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:15 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,414,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Pit bulls are savages! No wonder they are banned in Miami & Denver! The cops in 1989 had to shoot a pit bull because he couldn't stop chewing off the scalp of a 3 year old!
Remember the cops had to shoot that guy cause he wouldn't stop chewing the face off of another person, we need to ban people ... uhm, wait

There is always dangerous dogs of all breeds. People who buy into breed bans are either scared of their own shadow or are so wrapped up in media hype they have no clue. Lets just say in your ideal world that all pitbulls are banned, is the world just a shiney happy place then?

What happens when bad owners turn to Labs to abuse. My uncle had a lab that worked and put my pitbull to shame muscle wise. So then we ban labs, then said owners turn to Shepherds and then we ban them and the cycle continues. Whats the common denominator behind most dog attacks, yeah thats right its people.

People just love to ban things they dont like. Pick a random county and see what breed of dog is banned there, Irish Wolfhound was banned in one I found. And dog owners who support a ban on pitbulls because you dont like the type dog and your dog would nevet get banned think again. Your dog will be next if they succeed with pitbulls. Its a slippery slope.

I love my dogs and do my best to protect them from ignorant people who would love to blow every thing they do out of proportion.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-27-2013, 01:16 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
My cousin owns a pitbull mixed breed pup. Cute dog, but it doesn't seem violent like many pitbulls are. If you train a pitbull to be violent, it will. If you don't, they will be different. It's all about how the owner trains them to be.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:15 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,452,182 times
This thread is full of ignorant and delusional people. Those dogs are as worthless as a screen door on a submarine, just like their white trash owners. Pit bulls are the ultimate status symbol for trashy people. It's like putting rims on a car, having a BOOM BOOM system in your ride, or waiting for a settlement. Guys that like these dogs are almost always uneducated parasites with the tough guy attitude. You can spot them by their tapout shirts and persistent mouth breathing. The women that champion these worthless animals are either the stupid chicks that get with these losers, or they're the same delusional chicks that think bad people are just products of their environment. The stats on these dogs are absolutely insane as far as fatal dog attacks and maiming's go. Of course the typical nonsensical response to these stats is " but wiener dogs are more aggressive." I'm always am blown away by the ignorance of such a statement. It's like saying more people crash on skateboards than crotch rockets; therefore, crotch rockets are safer than skate boards.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:27 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
This thread is full of ignorant and delusional people. Those dogs are as worthless as a screen door on a submarine, just like their white trash owners. Pit bulls are the ultimate status symbol for trashy people. It's like putting rims on a car, having a BOOM BOOM system in your ride, or waiting for a settlement. Guys that like these dogs are almost always uneducated parasites with the tough guy attitude. You can spot them by their tapout shirts and persistent mouth breathing. The women that champion these worthless animals are either the stupid chicks that get with these losers, or they're the same delusional chicks that think bad people are just products of their environment. The stats on these dogs are absolutely insane as far as fatal dog attacks and maiming's go. Of course the typical nonsensical response to these stats is " but wiener dogs are more aggressive." I'm always am blown away by the ignorance of such a statement. It's like saying more people crash on skateboards than crotch rockets; therefore, crotch rockets are safer than skate boards.
You are definitely the authority on ignorant people.
You should probably stay away from all animals until you mature. That may take several more lifetimes.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:30 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Just about every animal I have is capable of killing humans, dogs, cats, horses, pigs, goats and pigs. Cant say the ducks or guineas are a real threat tho.

Humans kill humans. Should we ban the group of humans that are most likely to kill.
We are at the top of the food chain. The mutts aren't. You folk think they are equal for some reason. If you really feel that way then go live in the cage with em and wait for your owner to come feed you.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:38 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,976,316 times
Quote:
We are at the top of the food chain. The mutts aren't. You folk think they are equal for some reason. If you really feel that way then go live in the cage with em and wait for your owner to come feed you.
Apparently our eagle scout late night warrior has not been to the animal shelter and met the honey badger nor the spastic Jack Russell Terriers. A real man would not be intimidated by Pit Bulls.

But alas, he is just a sad man worried about gay marriage, dogs, a black Man in the White House and the North Koreans bombing Austin, Oh the humanity.

And yes. I am a liberal weenie Fireman, a Union Member, and knock down about 90K because my tax payers love me. I also build code compliant houses on my day off and my wife is red head with the most gorgeous breasts God created.

Thanks Ron Paul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies