Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 10:21 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
How so?
Really?

Former Florida GOP leaders say voter suppression was reason... | www.palmbeachpost.com

A Recent History of GOP Voter Suppression in Florida | The Nation

Fla. Republican: We wanted to suppress black votes - Salon.com

Quote:
And where does men, wearing black, brandishing clubs fall into this scenario?
It doesn't. Should it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 10:21 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,999,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I never said anything about citizenship. I was speaking about attempts to quell early voting, reducing the number and hours of polls being open, and onerous identification requirements - all part of Republican voter suppression efforts.
So doesn't this effect all voters regardless of political party, or were Republicans exempt from this? So your implying the those other than Republicans voted early, couldn't vote on time and can not show identification?

I'm a non-partisan voter and I still do not see the logic in your "quoted statement".

Old 06-26-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
So doesn't this effect all voters regardless of political party, or were Republicans exempt from this? So your implying the those other than Republicans voted early, couldn't vote on time and can not show identification?
In places like Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio and other states, these moves - which included restricting which forms of identification were acceptable - were designed by Republicans to disproportionately affect minority voters - the majority of whom vote Democratic.

Quote:
I'm a non-partisan voter and I still do not see the logic in your "quoted statement".

See the links in my last post.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:43 AM

62,880 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post

Nor do I.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
In places like Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio and other states, these moves - which included restricting which forms of identification were acceptable - were designed by Republicans to disproportionately affect minority voters - the majority of whom vote Democratic.
Requiring voters to present ID, racist, requiring gun buyers to present ID, not so..

Whats the difference since both are protected by the Constitution
Quote:
See the links in my last post.
Identification to vote isnt voter suppression, unless you believe blacks are too stupid to obtain ID.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:50 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Yes, it should. But as the true racists, liberals will never admit it.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:53 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Requiring voters to present ID, racist, requiring gun buyers to present ID, not so..

Identification to vote isnt voter suppression, unless you believe blacks are too stupid to obtain ID.
Or too lazy to wait in line, or too dumb to vote ahead of time, or whatever it is they've decided is "suppression". Do liberals have any idea how insulting that is?

Yup, hanging chads are called proof of voter suppression. Seriously?

Old 06-26-2013, 10:56 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
He speaks the truth!
LOLOLOL He knows no truth and it is about time this was gotten rid of.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Apples and poop balls.

Quote:

You and I both know it's not about intelligence.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Was it ever proven in court ?

From that last link..the guy just might be dissing his party as an act of revenge.
This "upstanding" man is currently serving jail time for theft and money laundering of GOP funds.
I wouldn't put much credibility into what he "says" without any proof.

"Florida’s former Republican Party chairman Jim Greer, who, scorned by his party and in deep legal trouble..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies