Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 12:48 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,150,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
yeah, too bad they don't mind the unborn being murdered.
You mind it, but you'd be perfectly happy to allow men to abdicate their parental responsibilities. I think you have your priorities out of whack.

Quote:
I would pay for a child if I had one out of wedlock and could not work anything out with the woman.
There's no "would" here. You WOULD have to if she pursued you for child support.

Quote:
But the issue for me is that somehow women are the decision holders on a life that can only be formed by an equal contribution. No sperm, no baby.
No uterus, no pregnancy. Next question.

Quote:
But then again, you sound very feminist and I'd prefer not to get started in a debate with someone with your mentality. Men are evil, you win.
I'm not a feminist...you're a misogynist. Learn the difference.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:22 PM

501 posts, read 1,065,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Yeah, but it's also his fault for believing it. A man is just as responsible for preventing pregnancy as a woman is, and men need to realize that the choice is 100% the woman's as to the fate of the pregnancy...WE decide to keep the child, abort, or give it up for adoption. Those are the rules. You agreed to them when you inserted your penises into our vajayjays. Don't like the rules? Don't play.
I agree with you when it comes to out-of-wedlock pregnancies, but not at all when it's within marriage.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:27 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,633,377 times
Quote:
You mind it, but you'd be perfectly happy to allow men to abdicate their parental responsibilities. I think you have your priorities out of whack.
No, get it straight and stop twisting things. If a woman can murder a baby that a man wanted her to have, but then a woman can also keep a baby and force the man to pay child support when he wanted her to abort it, there is a problem. I dislike the idea of deadbeat dads as much as I dislike murdering moms, but somehow one of the 2 is okay with you.

Quote:
There's no "would" here. You WOULD have to if she pursued you for child support.
Your point? I said I would. You said I would. You are digging for conflict that is not there. I would never have to be pursued to support a child of mine. Even if the woman was a 100% bit*h.

Quote:
No uterus, no pregnancy. Next question.
Wow, thank you for the biology lesson. I thought children came from storks.

Quote:
I'm not a feminist...you're a misogynist. Learn the difference.
Oh wow, thanks for another wonderful lesson today. Please teach me more of your infinite wisdom.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
No, get it straight and stop twisting things. If a woman can murder a baby that a man wanted her to have, but then a woman can also keep a baby and force the man to pay child support when he wanted her to abort it, there is a problem. I dislike the idea of deadbeat dads as much as I dislike murdering moms, but somehow one of the 2 is okay with you.
Like it or not, these are the laws and statutes we're working under. Abortion is a woman's choice. The man doesn't have a choice when it comes to supporting the fruit of his loins. This will never change as long as it is women and not men giving birth to children, and as long as children have such selfish material needs as food and shelter. I suggest you accept it and stop throwing your toys out of the crib.

Quote:
Your point? I said I would. You said I would. You are digging for conflict that is not there. I would never have to be pursued to support a child of mine. Even if the woman was a 100% bit*h.
I'm beginning to think that you think all women are 100% bit*h.

Quote:
Wow, thank you for the biology lesson. I thought children came from storks.
If you're going to dish it out, be prepared to have it thrown back in your face....y'know, without whining about it later.

Quote:
Oh wow, thanks for another wonderful lesson today. Please teach me more of your infinite wisdom.
I love sarcasm when it comes from someone who can't defend his position. Write your congressman instead of taking out your frustration on me. Oh, we women are so EVIL, aren't we?

Old 11-07-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzer21 View Post
I agree with you when it comes to out-of-wedlock pregnancies, but not at all when it's within marriage.
So...we're expected to surrender control of our reproductive systems to a man upon marriage? News to me. I would certainly DISCUSS abortion with a significant other, but he would never have veto power.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:25 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times

A misogynist and proud of it, congratulations. Has no man every refused to use protection? Has no woman ever been raped? Has no woman been lied to about "I've had a vasectomy, we're safe." As soon as a man can get pregnant, carry a child and give birth, then the laws can change.

Ah yes, the "murdering a child" theory. Can it live outside of the womb on its own?
Do you support the death penalty? Support child health care?

Old 11-07-2007, 02:33 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
This is not a black and white story. When dealing with human lives it is always a case by case examination. In instances where a woman wants to terminate her pregnancy, a man has no role in that decision. The other instance where a woman wants to keep her pregnancy, again a man has no role in that decision. However, there is a sexist quality in that argument that implies that pregnancy status negates a man's choice. This is simply wrong. Marriage, like pregnancy implies TWO consenting people of EQUAL rights. One is not superior to the other. Again there is no black and white answer and judges are hesitant to rule against tradition in the past unless you have a good lawyer. In this case the lawyer sucked so there is nobody to blame but the lawyer. What is the right decision? Unknown because the judges never came up with one so they used a "fall-back" judgment. It needs to be appealed but probably with a different lawyer.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

A misogynist and proud of it, congratulations. Has no man every refused to use protection? Has no woman ever been raped? Has no woman been lied to about "I've had a vasectomy, we're safe." As soon as a man can get pregnant, carry a child and give birth, then the laws can change.

Ah yes, the "murdering a child" theory. Can it live outside of the womb on its own?
Do you support the death penalty? Support child health care?
A stereotyper and proud of it, congratulations.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:41 PM

384 posts, read 1,132,673 times
Quote:
So...we're expected to surrender control of our reproductive systems to a man upon marriage? News to me. I would certainly DISCUSS abortion with a significant other, but he would never have veto power.

The feminism is killing me. Please stop with the pro-choice rhetoric. We all understand you have your 'rights' to kill human beings.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Like it or not, these are the laws and statutes we're working under. Abortion is a woman's choice. The man doesn't have a choice when it comes to supporting the fruit of his loins. This will never change as long as it is women and not men giving birth to children, and as long as children have such selfish material needs as food and shelter. I suggest you accept it and stop throwing your toys out of the crib.
I am well aware that there are laws. However, THIS is a discussion forum, not a court. That is what I was doing, discussing the topic by giving my opinion just like others are giving theirs. That is what happens on discussion boards.

Quote:
I'm beginning to think that you think all women are 100% bit*h.
Good, you are well on the road to jumping to a huge, incorrect conclusion. I think MOST women are exceptional human beings. My opinions regarding a man deserving to have a say is because of that small percentage of exceptions to the norm.

Quote:
If you're going to dish it out, be prepared to have it thrown back in your face....y'know, without whining about it later.
No whining here. Bring it on! I don't mind having heated discussions.

Quote:
I love sarcasm when it comes from someone who can't defend his position. Write your congressman instead of taking out your frustration on me. Oh, we women are so EVIL, aren't we?
I can defend my position just fine, I just enjoy adding sarcasm sometimes, and today is one of those days....

You may think I'm an a$$, maybe not. I just have strong opinions like most other people, and don't mind saying what I feel.

Last edited by TXboomerang; 11-07-2007 at 02:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies