Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:38 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,155,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
LANSING, Michigan (AP) -- A federal appeals court has upheld the dismissal of a lawsuit nicknamed "Roe v. Wade for Men" filed by a men's rights group on behalf of a man who said he shouldn't have to pay child support for his ex-girlfriend's daughter.
A three-judge panel of the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, in a decision released Tuesday, agreed with a lower court judge that Matthew Dubay's suit was frivolous.
Court rejects 'Roe v. Wade for Men' - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/wayoflife/11/06/fatherhood.ap/index.html - broken link)

This guy is a whiny little ******.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:24 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,651,318 times
If he is the one who deposited the sperm, he pays for the next 18 years, end of story.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:31 AM

501 posts, read 1,065,714 times
True. But his ex is a b**** if it's true that she claimed that it was impossible for her to get pregnant.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzer21 View Post
True. But his ex is a b**** if it's true that she claimed that it was impossible for her to get pregnant.
Yeah, but it's also his fault for believing it. A man is just as responsible for preventing pregnancy as a woman is, and men need to realize that the choice is 100% the woman's as to the fate of the pregnancy...WE decide to keep the child, abort, or give it up for adoption. Those are the rules. You agreed to them when you inserted your penises into our vajayjays. Don't like the rules? Don't play.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:25 PM

90 posts, read 185,559 times
I just have a problem in that a woman has the choice to keep a pregnancy or abort and doesn't need a the father's opinion. So when a man has sex with a woman he doesn't get to choose whether the baby is born, and then if it is he has to pay for it! Sounds like sexism has swung the pendelum in favor of women.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:34 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,640,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Yeah, but it's also his fault for believing it. A man is just as responsible for preventing pregnancy as a woman is, and men need to realize that the choice is 100% the woman's as to the fate of the pregnancy...WE decide to keep the child, abort, or give it up for adoption. Those are the rules. You agreed to them when you inserted your penises into our vajayjays. Don't like the rules? Don't play.

I highly doubt anyone has an agreement on this prior to sex.

If a woman wants the right to choose whether or not to have a baby, she DAMNED WELL should have to include the father's wishes. If he wants an abortion and she does not, then he should NEVER have to pay an f'n dime of child support. He also shouldn't get to visit or ever be a part of the childs life.

Then again, I am against murdering unborn babies to begin with.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_spirit View Post
I just have a problem in that a woman has the choice to keep a pregnancy or abort and doesn't need a the father's opinion. So when a man has sex with a woman he doesn't get to choose whether the baby is born, and then if it is he has to pay for it! Sounds like sexism has swung the pendelum in favor of women.
That's how it works, yes. It's our body so we get to decide what does or does not grow in it. When a man has sex with a woman, he's handing that decision over to her. If you don't like it, get a vasectomy.

Oh, and child support isn't for the WOMAN...it's for the CHILD.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
I highly doubt anyone has an agreement on this prior to sex.

If a woman wants the right to choose whether or not to have a baby, she DAMNED WELL should have to include the father's wishes. If he wants an abortion and she does not, then he should NEVER have to pay an f'n dime of child support. He also shouldn't get to visit or ever be a part of the childs life.

Then again, I am against murdering unborn babies to begin with.
Well, thankfully our judges seem to have more compassion for BORN children than you do. If you have sex, you risk impregnating a woman...and you DAMNED WELL should step up and pay child support if it's yours. That's how this works.

The "agreement" is implied. When you consent to sexual intercourse with a woman, you also consent to her deciding the fate of any pregnancy resulting from that union. That particular unspoken contract has been upheld in suit after suit.

Last edited by nativeDallasite; 11-07-2007 at 12:46 PM..

Old 11-07-2007, 12:41 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,144,650 times
Quote:
Well, thankfully our judges seem to have more compassion for BORN children than you do. If you have sex, you risk impregnating a woman...and you DAMNED WELL should step up and pay child support if it's yours. That's how this works.
I coulnd not agree more......if ya play ya pay.......

If you don't wanna pay....then snip snip

Old 11-07-2007, 12:45 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,640,311 times
Quote:
yeah, too bad they don't mind the unborn being murdered.

I would pay for a child if I had one out of wedlock and could not work anything out with the woman.

That being said, I've seen many very terrible mothers use babies as power leverage and manipulating the hell out of the system. There are terrible mothers out there, just like there are terrible fathers.

But the issue for me is that somehow women are the decision holders on a life that can only be formed by an equal contribution. No sperm, no baby.

But then again, you sound very feminist and I'd prefer not to get started in a debate with someone with your mentality. Men are evil, you win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.