Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 07:08 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
That seems even odder then because her apartment/townhome is across from the Tee and not alongside the sidewalk (dog walk). Hope that makes sense! I remember them marking it on the diagram. If she looks out her townhome, she's looking down the dog walk (for lack of a better term). So a left to right would suggest it started on the shorter sidewalk then and not at the Tee or the dog walk sidewalk (I really wish they labeled these sidewalks or something!!).
That's not the witness who testified about the left to right noises.

George Zimmerman trial: Witness Selene Bahadoor | News - Home

Old 06-30-2013, 07:13 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
As I suspect you already know, the Judge will instruct the jury as to how to determine the credibility of each witness. Btw, what was the changing nature of her story? They actually played her 911 call which she made at the time the shooting took place, which I found quite compelling. Did she make a previous sworn statement which contradicted what she said on the witness stand? In your opinion, did the Defense do a good job of impeaching her with any previous statement she had given?
One thing she said was that the window was open. On the 911 call, she asks if they want her to open the window.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:14 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
The wittness that talked about moving left to right was that asian looking lady...Her husband testified fri.
I don't think so. She was the one that looked out periodically but not consistently. She claimed to see shadows only at the time and then later, after seeing pictures of Martin as a younger child, decided Zimmerman was the one on top.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:16 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

I know she wasn't. I linked to the one that testified about that earlier in the thread. Another poster claimed it was the blonde lady.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
He took the flashlight because he wasn't following Trayvon...oops.
As has been stated, the two witnesses questioned, i.e., the Stanford liason and the HO President said that the training received teaches to follow anyone suspicious. They had 8 break-ins during a 14 month period and most of those acts were by young black men. I don't see why that would be out of character for GZ to follow - it's dark, raining, the person is looking suspicious.

We can go to racial profiling if we want to, but given prior facts, TM fits the profile of what has been the history of robbery in this complex.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:20 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
As has been stated, the two witnesses questioned, i.e., the Stanford liason and the HO President said that the training received teaches to follow anyone suspicious. They had 8 break-ins during a 14 month period and most of those acts were by young black men. I don't see why that would be out of character for GZ to follow - it's dark, raining, the person is looking suspicious.

We can go to racial profiling if we want to, but given prior facts, TM fits the profile of what has been the history of robbery in this complex.
The difference is he didn't follow the other's. He called in as was policy of the HOA. That may go against him too....Why this time?

Old 06-30-2013, 07:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Ah so now the criteria is they must have seen the beginning of the altercation? Let's not change goal posts here.

The other witnesses testified they heard the fight start near the Tee and move down the sidewalk. Right off the top of my head - the one on the corner (Lauer, I think is her name??) testified to that and she was the closest to it with respect to hearing something. Believe she even had her sliding door open if I remember correctly.
Well, for anyone to say the fight started at the Tee, they need to have seen the start. Sound can travel funny in an area with a lot of buildings like that. Plus "hearing" isn't the same as seeing.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:22 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

OMG! That's why there was a short hearing outside the presence of the jury in re Zimmerman's reputation! She must have posted something about what she saw, or her opinion of Zimmerman.

"Defense attorney Mark O'Mara said this was the first time Bahadoor had mentioned “the left to right” detail. He walked over to her with a laptop. On the screen was a post she made on Facebook, and a sign of support of a Change.org petition."

I can't believe the State let him get away with that!!! Yet I still don't know what the Judge's ruling was in re the legal argument about that testimony.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:26 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,723 times
Was there ever any discussion of the crime scene diagram?

Old 06-30-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
I'll tell you precisely what the evidence will show: Zimmerman, frustrated at "these a-holes always getting away", chased down Trayvon after locating him with his flashlight, confronted him, and attempted to detain him. Trayvon, in defense, tried to fight Zimmerman off, during which time Zimmerman sustained a few cuts to the head and bloodied (not broken) nose. Eventually, Zimmerman managed to pin Trayvon down on his back using his weight advantage and the incapacitating moves he learned as a bouncer and while training in Mai Tai. He draws his weapon and aims it at Trayvon whose arms are pinned down. Zimmerman's DNA was found on the bottom left of Trayvon's hoodie which indicates that Zimmerman stretched the hoodie with his left hand just enough to get a clear shot with his right (he shoots with his right hand). That also explains the misalignment between the bullet holes in the hoodie and Trayvon's chest. Trayvon, realizing his impending fate, screams in mortal terror. Zimmerman knew that police and neighbors were on their way, and, knowing that Trayvon was unarmed, knew that he risked being arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. In a spur of the moment decision, Zimmerman shoots Trayvon and immediately begins to concoct his story about his victim being the aggressor. He turns Trayvon's body over and searches him again, not finding anything. And of course the racist SPD ate it all up and let him go home with his gun the same night after questioning.

Murder 2. Guilty. Without question.
He calls the police ahead of time, knows they are arriving shortly and just shoots TM? Decides to go for Murder 2 instead of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon? Not hardly. He would only take that risk if his life was in danger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies