Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 05:59 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Are you speaking of the Physician's Asst?

Sorry to deflate your bubble, but she examined George in person.

Now if by PA you mean Prosecuting Attorney, I would have to agree with you. Wild assumptions abound with that bunch.
you must then remember that most of the little bumps were gone 15 hours later. That is why he was asking about all of them that were gone the next day. She is "could have".

Old 07-02-2013, 06:00 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The one with serious injury, a mortal gunshot wound was Trayvon. The one with lesser injuries was Zimmerman. So using your logic, why wouldn't the police arrest Zimmerman on the spot?
So GZ shot TM and then beat himself up or TM beat up GZ after the gunshot? I don't think that is reasonable, plausible, or probable and I don't believe that the jury would either.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:01 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
But that is the entire problem. There is only zimmerman's word that Trayvon punched him FIRST.

For all we know, zimmerman could have been trying to take him into 'custody'; hold onto him until the police arrived, and, Trayvon, still not knowing who this person is, naturally struck out and tried to get away from zimmerman's grasp. That's probably why his body is 50 feet from where the altercation supposedly started.

It could very well be that zimmerman 'touched' Trayvon first.

One thing I've learned; never trust anything a liar says.
I believe he is a liar and I think most do. That said the prosecution has to prove it, and prove beyond reasonable doubt that TM didn't make GZ fear for his life.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:01 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Yes, they have, Rachel's testimony, several neighbour's testimony, and even parts of today's testimony, like Zimmerman supposedly telling his "best friend" that Trayvon reached for and touched the gun, the testimony that Zimmerman couldn't remember the street name of the street that led into the complex (and there is a street sign right at the entrance also), and the medical examiner's opinion of his injuries today.
I've watched every minute of this trial and there has been no evidence that Zimmerman's claim of self-defense is false.

As to your specifics - Jentel testified Zimmerman was following Martin. Already established and Zimmerman himself said he was on the 911 call. However, this still doesn't prove Zimmerman was not acting in self-defense.

Other witnesses - The only witness who was not an 'ear' witness or who saw something beyond shadows was John Good. He claimed Martin was on top of Zimmerman. If anything, this bolsters the self defense claim.

Name of streets?? - has nothing to do with a claim of self-defense.

ME report on Zimmerman's injuries - this gets a big so what. In self-defense, it's about perception. Why the state is trying to draw some line in the sand to say if an injury is 'enough' for self-defense is beyond me. At the end of the day, Zimmerman had injuries which helps bolster his claim. If Zimmerman had absolutely no injuries, this would help the state but he did not.

Reaching for the gun - Zimmerman's been claiming that since the beginning. Touched it or not? Well, that's debatable because in Zimmerman's own words, he said Martin was reaching for. Might he have embellished to a friend? Maybe and it still doesn't change anything.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:02 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The burden of proof lies with the state. The system was intentionally set up that way in order to make it more difficult for the state to convict innocent people.
Save it. We've been telling them this over and over. Lets hope people on the jury aren't like these folks. They would already have Zimmerman marked as guilty, despite lack of evidence. Despite the prosecution mot even coming close to prooving their case

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Are you kidding me? After she found out about the death and knew she was the last one to talk to Trayvon, did she go and rush to the family or the police with her account? No. She didn't want to get involved.

In Sabrina's presence she didn't go into much detail because she was uncomfortable and couldn't be bothered, she "had a rush on", her words. And now she's willing to perjure herself for a woman she hadn't even helped out previously, and had avoided, and given a fake name to? Nuh-uh. Her level of concern for Trayvon and Trayvon's family was not very high, that was very clear. She obviously had little emotional investment in Trayvon, or this case, which adds credibility to what she says.
Her rush on was with crump. She herself said she wanted to please Sybrina. She herself said she felt guilt. The crump and Bernie interviews she figured wouldn't be public. On national tv, knowing she'd go back to her friends and tm's friends isn't the best time to tell the truth.

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
So GZ shot TM and then beat himself up or TM beat up GZ after the gunshot? I don't think that is reasonable, plausible, or probable and I don't believe that the jury would either.
I don't think anyone is claiming GZ beat himself up.

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Not if Zim started it by pushing TM.
Or, waving his gun at him.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:04 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Or, waving his gun at him.
Which the prosecution needs to prove. Otherwise, it's all speculation. There simply isn't any evidence to help the state.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:04 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I don't think anyone is claiming GZ beat himself up.
The claim has actually been made in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies