Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 04:54 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Asked if there was ANYTHING that Zimmerman had said that contradicted the wealth of evidence possessed by Serino, the Investigator answered, “No, sir.” No physical evidence, no witness evidence, no officer statements, nothing? “No, sir.”
Because, as I've said previously, it's really the Sanford PD that is on trial.

That is my opinion, of course.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:55 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Do you understand the difference between being in an exercise program (to lose weight) that uses MMA style movements and studying MMA fighting? The former is what was introduced in testimony by his PA.
Perhaps they would better understand if you made a more familiar analogy. It's like the difference between kickboxing and real boxing. Not remotely the same thing.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:56 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
The fact is there are always inconsistencies. Conspiracy theorists make a living off this fact. In our country we attempt not to imprison people without evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. I would say it has been proven that GZ and TM had a physical altercation.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:57 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
There was blood under the fingernails of one of tm's hands. Not good enough to identify the source.
The evidence overwhelmingly supports GZ. These guys are desperate for anything that is counter to the testimony and facts.

I just caught much of the cops testimony from Monday. From what I see, they all believe GZ's statements.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:02 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Because, as I've said previously, it's really the Sanford PD that is on trial.
They seem to have done a very accurate job with this investigation.
IMO, people just don't like the facts and are looking to place blame... anywhere.

The "young child" should not have assaulted the "evil man" with the gun.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
After all this time and you Still don't understand the self defense law.

Hypothetically, say gz had his gun pulled and backed tm against the porch of one of the homes. GZ says, 'I'm finally gonna kill one of you *******, mfers'. TM swings his iced tea and slams gz's nose back into his brain. GZ dead. TM is lucky and 3 people saw and heard what happened. Justifiable self defense.

There are hundred of examples of justifiable self defense without the killer having injuries in real life.

And it is Not just in Florida.

Yes, this idea that people keep spouting that you need life threatening injuries to engage in self defense is beyond absurd.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:06 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They seem to have done a very accurate job with this investigation.
IMO, people just don't like the facts and are looking to place blame... anywhere.

The "young child" should not have assaulted the "evil man" with the gun.
I don't understand why people keep calling Martin a 'child'. He was seventeen, right? The word child evokes a very young person (e.g. 10, 11 years old). Seventeen is not that young, especially when you are in a court of law.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I don't understand why people keep calling Martin a 'child'. He was seventeen, right? The word child evokes a very young person (e.g. 10, 11 years old).

Because that is exactly what they want to evoke. It is really dishonest.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:55 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Could someone please explain to me how this is: O'Mara just said that you don't need to see any injury to Zimmerman, let alone life-threatening ones, in order to justify killing Trayvon in self-defense.

How can that be?

Its the law. You don't need injuries to be in great fear for your life. Self defense, period.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:58 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
How did GZ supposedly shot Trayvon Martin in the heart while he was on top of GZ and GZ not have TM's blood splatter on him?

How did TM get on his back when GZ said he pushed him off? TM should have been found on his stomach, not on his back.

How could Travyon Martin have said all of the things GZ stated that he did after being fatally shot in the heart with a collapsed lung? Most likely TM died instantly.

GZ stated that TM jumped out of bushes but there were NO bushes in the area at all. Based on Rachel's testimony, GZ most likely ambushed TM.

In GZ's videotaped re-enactment, he describes TM as looking (or scoping out) at houses but the truth is that TM was walking and talking on the phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies