Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 05:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times

Advertisements

The fact of the matter is that GZ could have initiated, could have thrown the first punch and could have called TM every racist word in the book. Unless the prosecution can prove any of the above happened it won't matter.
GZ does show signs of taking at least a little bit of a beating. Was he afraid for his life? I'll say that I believe him in that regard.
The rest of his story? Not so much.
This entire case is about being able to prove that GZ over reacted. So far the prosecution has proven nothing.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:34 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Are you speaking of the Physician's Asst?

Sorry to deflate your bubble, but she examined George in person.

Now if by PA you mean Prosecuting Attorney, I would have to agree with you. Wild assumptions abound with that bunch.
But the physician's assistant never said he had major injuries in her medical exam notes. She was only led down the path by clever questioning by O'Mara that Zimmerman could have had more serious injuries. In her actual medical examination she reported only two small cuts, maybe one bruise if that.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:34 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
No, but we have Rachel as an ear-witness. She claims George did confront Trayvon by coming up behind him. I just heard Marcia Clark say on CNN that that changes it from simply "following" to Zimmerman confronting Trayvon, no matter who spoke first.

I believe Rachel's testimony because she was obviously a reluctant witness, and doesn't have any skin in the game or even much concern for her dead friend.
In her words, she lied to Bernie to please Sybrina. She feels tremendous guilt over something or other. She also has to go home to her friends and tm's friends. She had plenty of reasons to lie.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:36 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The fact of the matter is that GZ could have initiated, could have thrown the first punch and could have called TM every racist word in the book. Unless the prosecution can prove any of the above happened it won't matter.
GZ does show signs of taking at least a little bit of a beating. Was he afraid for his life? I'll say that I believe him in that regard.
The rest of his story? Not so much.
This entire case is about being able to prove that GZ over reacted. So far the prosecution has proven nothing.
I pretty much agree with you here. I think the state is wasting time on how 'bad' Zimmerman's injuries were, etc. Point of fact, he had injuries which only helps his story. At the end of the day, they need to prove it wasn't self-defense and haven't offered any evidence to prove that. So it appears Zimmerman is wimpy and can't take a punch? Still doesn't change Zimmerman's story he was in fear of his life. I just do not see how the prosecution wins this one with what they've presented thus far. The evidence is just not there to prove murder.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:38 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Where did you get that from? I haven't seen one post that insinuated that. It's just amazing that the GZ supporters seem to think TM had no rights. On one hand, you people say that the extent of George Zimmerman's injuries don't matter, all that matters is that he believed his life was in danger. As for TM, nothing matters to you people. If he felt that his life was in danger, did he have the right to defend himself? Do you honestly think that morally and ethically George Zimmerman did nothing wrong here? I suppose if some wierdo followed you, you would smile and tell him exactly what you're doing, show him ID and empty your pockets to show him you haven't stolen anything. What an uppity negro, that Trayvon. How dare he walk down the street without Zimmerman's permission!
You're twisting the argument. You can't go around punching people. Also, in order to claim self defense you do not need to have any injuries, that was already admitted into evidence and is something the jury has to and is going to consider. So, the fact that the injuries were not life threatening doesn't actually change things.

Morally and ethically? Who knows.
Legally, the state isn't meeting the murder 2 requirements. The jury is obligated to presume innocence unless and until the state proves murder 2 beyond a reasonable doubt.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:40 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
a cut is not an injury?
As far as I've seen from the autopsy report, that is the only injury on either hand.

I know early on, many of the usual sites kept posting Trayvon had bruised and/or bloody knuckles.

I have seen no evidence of that at all. Is there any?

Old 07-02-2013, 05:44 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Now you're making things up. I did not state as a fact that Zimmerman confronted Martin. I said he followed him.
Sorry, I confused you with another person named Factsplease who wrote this in post 1026 ---

"Who believes that he wanted to kill Trayvon Martin from the time he got out if the car? I certainly don't think he started out with that intent, but he had no business following or confronting him."

I didn't know different posters could have the same nic.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:44 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
What I'd like to know is, how could Trayvon have even seen zimmerman's gun?

The holster he used carried the gun behind his right hip. If he's laying on the ground, he would have been laying on the gun.

Even if zimmerman's jacket and shirt were rucked up, the gun is STILL under him.

And, it was dark and rainy outside; everyone agrees on that.
Why couldn't have been at the right side and not behind it. You can slide an IWB holster to whatever position you choose.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:45 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
You're twisting the argument. You can't go around punching people. Also, in order to claim self defense you do not need to have any injuries, that was already admitted into evidence and is something the jury has to and is going to consider. So, the fact that the injuries were not life threatening doesn't actually change things.

Morally and ethically? Who knows.
Legally, the state isn't meeting the murder 2 requirements. The jury is obligated to presume innocence unless and until the state proves murder 2 beyond a reasonable doubt.
I haven't twisted anything. The point I have made consistently is that we don't know who started the fight. It may never be proven. GZ may not be convicted, but the point is those who say Trayvon Martin attacked him have no proof of that. People who are upset and want George punished feel this way because he profiled Trayvon Martin, prejudged him and acted on it. Whether or not he is convicted or not, a lot of people have a problem with this.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:46 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
But that is the entire problem. There is only zimmerman's word that Trayvon punched him FIRST.

For all we know, zimmerman could have been trying to take him into 'custody'; hold onto him until the police arrived, and, Trayvon, still not knowing who this person is, naturally struck out and tried to get away from zimmerman's grasp. That's probably why his body is 50 feet from where the altercation supposedly started.

It could very well be that zimmerman 'touched' Trayvon first.

One thing I've learned; never trust anything a liar says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies