Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:56 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
In theory, criminals should back down since there would be an increase in risk for partaking criminal activity since regular people can arm themselves. But they have had free reign for awhile and may not take kindly to citizens arming themselves. So there may be some gun battles (mayhem) in the early days of concealed carry. I hope not, but I won't be surprised if there are some battles.

And the media would them chime in about how terrible guns are.

We are talking Chicago here...
"Gun Battles"???

Go back to playing cops and robbers on the sega or whatever, and let the grown ups talk about grown up things.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I am guessing that CCW laws in Chicago will result in no depreciateble or associated decrease in crime reverse from current trends

a increase in accidents, friendly fire, suicides, etc. will be the only impact. . .
Yeah, because an increase in the amount of guns makes us all want to commit suicide..... that is essentially your argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 12:00 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:

To think guns are suddenly going to be the answer to violence in the city or
the state, it's absurd," Pfleger said.
What these gun haters just can't seem to understand is that it isn't about making the crime rate drop. I don't carry a gun to deter crime or make the crime rate in my area fall. What it IS about is being able to better protect myself should the need arise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies