Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 09:43 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,474,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Instead, they are steeped in the mythical "fairness" and "equality of outcome".
You mean equality of opportunity, not outcome. Then again, you excel at hackery.

Quote:
We conservatives know that liberty and freedom cannot be granted by a king or a ruling class, but can only be endowed by our creator (or natural law) as a unalienable right.
Conservative countries don't have a lot a freedom. There are plenty of countries that do not have universal health care, weak or no safety nets, low taxation, weak public sector, little or no unions, little investment into public education and infrastructure, hatred for gays, women, minorities, and outsiders, a deep reverence for god, and little or no environmental or labor safety standards.

They are all third world, crapholes of a country.

Plus, we let Conservatives run their experiment a few years ago in the Northern Marianas, and what happened? We had sweatshops, rape, forced abortions, and people living in squalor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 09:44 PM

45,280 posts, read 26,536,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
When I was born I wasn't able to defend myself because I was a baby. And I am pretty sure I couldn't handle a gun when I was born either, that was a learned skill later in life.
Has nothing to do with the question.

Do you have the right to defend yourself?

Old 07-05-2013, 09:46 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,254,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Has nothing to do with the question.

Do you have the right to defend yourself?
Yes I do, thanks to the man made constitution.

10,564 posts, read 12,842,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
When I was born I wasn't able to defend myself because I was a baby. And I am pretty sure I couldn't handle a gun when I was born either, that was a learned skill later in life.
When you were born you had defenders. When you are old you have defenders...There are no learned skills as far as defense. Those that come before you defend you. It is your duty to defend the weak and vulnerable - whether you like them or not. As you defend a child or the frail - as you understand the idea of loyalty - you will find that with liberty and freedom...it is your DUTY to defend the other person..and the other person defends you...with that we are all free...It is called a real social contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Our founding fathers based nothing on god given rights. Do you think god cared about taxes and how long a president could serve. Do you think god cared how we handled debt or that we had to elect a natural born citizen for president. No, these are rights given by man. You could say that god created man and gave him the right to think on his own. And that is how the constitution was written......man's work not gods.
Taxes, debt and presidents are rights?

Old 07-05-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
When you were born you had defenders. When you are old you have defenders...There are no learned skills as far as defense. Those that come before you defend you. It is your duty to defend the weak and vulnerable - whether you like them or not. As you defend a child or the frail - as you understand the idea of loyalty - you will find that with liberty and freedom...it is your DUTY to defend the other person..and the other person defends you...with that we are all free...It is called a real social contract.
Yes and it seems those on the right seem to forget that when they talk down about the working class poor in our country. I am all for Americans helping each other out, others seem to only care about "what's in it for me?"

Old 07-05-2013, 09:50 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,140,066 times
Quote:
Taxes, debt and presidents are rights?
It's in the constitution which you say were god given rights. I'm just saying I don't think that was gods plan.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:51 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,175,288 times
I definitely use the word freedom. Freedom from overbearing blowhards.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's in the constitution which you say were god given rights. I'm just saying I don't think that was gods plan.
I didnt say the constitution had god given rights. It was written to protect rights,rights we are born with,not grant them.
A quick google search will confirm this.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I didnt say the constitution had god given rights. It was written to protect rights,rights we are born with,not grant them.
A quick google search will confirm this.
It is our man made constitution which is the reason why you are born with rights, if you were born in a country with no rights, you wouldn't be claiming you were born with god given rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies