Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 01:39 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,297,614 times

Advertisements

Thus video really disturbed me.

Onswipe

Please watch it and tell me what you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 01:44 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times
Most Americans seem to support a police state though. Look at the people they elect and support.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:53 PM

311 posts, read 493,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Most Americans seem to support a police state though. Look at the people they elect and support.
I think it's too late to wake up the masses simply because they in fear of living outside their bubble. They are addicted to their entertainment or other "breads and circuses" to care, quite frankly. Others, meanwhile, are too dependent on the government as to speak out against the ever increasing tyranny that has occurred over the past decade.

Many Americans don't know the provisions of the Patriot Act and many don't even know that legislation such the NDAA & CISPA exists.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:54 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times
Tried looking at the website but only saw some guys who look like that want to be hideous women. That is, of the other sex with their male appearance... hideous.

Other than that, there's nothing new about the Police State. It's been here quite longer than one might suspect.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:27 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
From one of John Adams’ last letters to Thomas Jefferson, January 23, 1825:
Quote:
Even in our own Massachusetts, which I believe, upon the whole, is as temperate and moderate in religious zeal as most of the States, a law was made in the latter end of the last century, repealing the cruel punishments of the former laws, but substituting fine and imprisonment upon all those blasphemers upon any book of the Old Testament or New.
So not only "the police state" but interceding in the lives of citizens in a manner that practically every one of us, today, would recognize unequivocally as violating the First Amendment. And, unlike the Patriot Act, the laws John Adams was referring to existed for no good reason.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:29 AM

744 posts, read 1,092,114 times
Most of America's "founding fathers" were slave owners. America was built on slavery. Go back 200 years, and see how they treated slaves who attempted to run away.

America has always been a police state.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:58 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Thus video really disturbed me.

Onswipe

Please watch it and tell me what you think.
I think I've never heard of Jean Cocteau.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:07 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,882,197 times
This is what the liberals want. They want law abiding honest citizens to not have firearms. "I just want the police and military to have them". I loathe liberals, they dont understand how people think, and they don't understand the corruption that comes long term out of empowering the government and the police, and disempowering the citizenry.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
This is what the liberals want. They want law abiding honest citizens to not have firearms. "I just want the police and military to have them". I loathe liberals, they dont understand how people think, and they don't understand the corruption that comes long term out of empowering the government and the police, and disempowering the citizenry.
Hyperbole, much?

Old 07-06-2013, 08:40 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Well if we are gonna play the hyperbole card, how many police officers have you been in a gun battle with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies