Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 10:21 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,381,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Anomaly? Okay... But one that people have control over, unlike Albino, siamese, etc....
The Animal comparison is awkward... We have the ability to overcome. Unlike Animals that just follow base instincts.
I'm not gay so I can't fully relate, but if someone is attracted to the opposite sex, why "overcome"? Sure, we resist a lot of our animal instincts. I know I resist getting violent every time someone really pisses me off (at least sometimes I resist), and there are good reasons for that, primarily, that its against the law and can hurt others and can hurt my own situation (jail, fines, etc.). I also resist certain other things, based on my own spiritual beliefs. But why would someone who is sexually attracted to the opposite sex, who is not religious, resist those urges? For what?

Old 07-12-2013, 01:06 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,386,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You're not kidding time change! Unfortunately, many times it's for the worse! More like "Welcome to the Age of Insanity!"
Again nothing from you here except your never ending fetid and desperate need to type the word "insanity" in as many posts as you can. Propaganda nonsense is bad enough even when done well. But done this badly and you end up looking like nothing more than a caricature of yourself. If all you can bring to any debate is to declare the other side "insane" over and over then you do your own side more harm than good. Look up the internet term "poe" to see what I mean.

Some changes are good. Some are bad. The question in each case is which is it. Have you anything at all except plucking opinion out of your back orifice to suggest that gay marriage is a "bad" one for example? Or do you just decide it is true and therefore it is true?

Old 07-12-2013, 12:33 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,326,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Webster's Dictionary:
Marriage: the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law

"To claim that to deny two people of the same gender to marry is “discrimination” is the same as saying that it’s discrimination to deny that a square is a circle!

It is a privilege for a man and woman to marry and have children and to have society honour them. I deliberately say that it is a “privilege” for a man and a woman to marry to highlight one of the glaring problems with this kind of counter appeal. This emotional counter appeal assumes that marriage is a “right” – it fails to appreciate that marriage is a privilege. No one can legitimately demand a privilege.
Just as circles are round, marriage is between a man and a woman."

Why Marriage Is Between A Man And A Woman
You got bored quickly reading that definition didn't you? Keep reading past the part you copied and learn something

Marriage - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Old 07-12-2013, 01:15 PM

904 posts, read 688,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
I'm not gay so I can't fully relate, but if someone is attracted to the opposite sex, why "overcome"? Sure, we resist a lot of our animal instincts. I know I resist getting violent every time someone really pisses me off (at least sometimes I resist), and there are good reasons for that, primarily, that its against the law and can hurt others and can hurt my own situation (jail, fines, etc.). I also resist certain other things, based on my own spiritual beliefs. But why would someone who is sexually attracted to the opposite sex, who is not religious, resist those urges? For what?
For the same reason any other person would resist, and overcome what tempts them.

We are given weaknesses to overcome. If people have lost that realization.. do we just throw away thousands of years of teaching, and example?

You do know that man has the ability to descend lower than the animals?

The downward spiral of morals and ethics is causing mass corruption, selfishness, and greed. Homosexual acceptance is going the wrong direction. Just like Robber barons, Corrupt politicians, Evil empires and the like.

If there is no push back... or if decent men do nothing. What future is there for the next generations.

Death and destruction, most likely.

Destruction of Family and values... leads to WWIII and the end of days.

THats all... but hey. Live and let live right.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:28 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,441,942 times
Quote:
For the same reason any other person would resist, and overcome what tempts them.

We are given weaknesses to overcome. If people have lost that realization.. do we just throw away thousands of years of teaching, and example?

The downward spiral of morals and ethics is causing mass corruption, selfishness, and greed. Homosexual acceptance is going the wrong direction. Just like Robber barons, Corrupt politicians, Evil empires and the like.

If there is no push back... or if decent men do nothing. What future is there for the next generations.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:32 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,855,068 times
Quote:

You're blaming all that on gay people?

Dude, don't you know? Its the monster under your bed that's causing all those problems!

Old 07-12-2013, 02:03 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,381,231 times
Quote:

You still didn't explain why. I still don't understand why gayness is temptation something that must be resisted (assuming the person isn't religious so it doesn't go against their own moral code).

The other stuff you're spitting is really out there. As for moral corruption or the degradation of society, the field I work in I see some of the worst humanity has to offer. I suggest you get out the house more and look at what's really going on in the streets. Mexican drug cartels, terrorist, meth heads, rapist, mass shootings, street gangs...the gays are my least worry. If you and SuperSoul had half the conviction to protest the groups I just mentioned, you might actually have made some real difference in the world by now.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:30 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,935,080 times
Quote:

The problem is that homosexuality was accepted for thousands of years. It was accepted by the Greeks, by the Romans, by the Egyptians, by Jews, by early Christians. It's a modern teaching that condemns homosexuality, not an ancient one.

And exactly what harm does it cause? Specifically. Two people, adults, loving one another. How does that affect anyone else but the two involved? What's immoral about people caring about each other, loving one another, wanting to commit themselves to each other? Specifically--what's immoral about that?

Old 07-12-2013, 04:47 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,362,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Again nothing from you here except your never ending fetid and desperate need to type the word "insanity" in as many posts as you can. Propaganda nonsense is bad enough even when done well. But done this badly and you end up looking like nothing more than a caricature of yourself. If all you can bring to any debate is to declare the other side "insane" over and over then you do your own side more harm than good. Look up the internet term "poe" to see what I mean.

Some changes are good. Some are bad. The question in each case is which is it. Have you anything at all except plucking opinion out of your back orifice to suggest that gay marriage is a "bad" one for example? Or do you just decide it is true and therefore it is true?
What else can describe modern times other than "insanity?" It's not propaganda, it's the truth.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:38 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,248,440 times
Quote:

Accepting gays is gonna cause WWIII? That is a new level of crazy you have reached. Not sure if I should be proud of your achievement or worried....nah, who am I kidding, definitely worried for your sanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies