Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 10:22 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Where in this article does it state that the stolen property matched that of a burglary in Sanford? Please point this out, b/c I don't see it. In fact, it says this:

On October 21st 2011 a burglary took place a few blocks from Krop Senior High School where Trayvon Martin attended. The stolen property outlined in the Miami-Dade Police Report (PD111021-422483) matches the descriptive presented by SRO Dunn in his School Police report 2011-11477.

Trayvon went to school in MIAMI!
Quite correct. As the poster I was replying to pointed out. Having trouble keeping up?

Old 07-08-2013, 10:23 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Did this witness just say George was like his child...Endeared into his heart because George asked how to tie knot....
If you believe that's a great reason to lie, it blows away Trayvons Mother and Brother testimony.

And that's all that testified in his behalf on the screams.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:26 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Quite correct. As the poster I was replying to pointed out. Having trouble keeping up?
Yes. There has been a huge effort to discredit Trayvon as a person. Accusing him of a burglary in Sanford is just part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
The Zimmerman trial will resume in about 9 hours.

This thread will open before the trial begins and any open threads on the subject will be closed. You can copy posts from previous threads into this thread to allow for continuity.

Do not discuss other posters and please stay on topic. Posts will be removed and infractions issued.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Neither would I. Interesting exception you mention, though, given that Donnelly viewed Zimmerman as his own son.
I also know if my son was a murderer, I would not lie on the stand.

There is a line we parents draw between protecting our children and doing the right thing.
I would assume as a parent you know what I say.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:27 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Where in this article does it state that the stolen property matched that of a burglary in Sanford? Please point this out, b/c I don't see it. In fact, it says this:

On October 21st 2011 a burglary took place a few blocks from Krop Senior High School where Trayvon Martin attended. The stolen property outlined in the Miami-Dade Police Report (PD111021-422483) matches the descriptive presented by SRO Dunn in his School Police report 2011-11477.

Trayvon went to school in MIAMI!
The burglary victim lived between the school and Trayvon's mothers house.

What this story shows is the possibility that Trayvon may indeed have been casing the homes as he leisurely walked home in the rain. Just as his involvement in fights would indicate the probability he attacked GZ. If O'Mara could get this in front of the jury, it would be all over for the prosecution.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:28 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Except that poster originally said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The jewelry Martin had at school traced back to homes that were burglarized a mile from where this happened. Trayvon was definitely a burglar.
....obviously wanting us to believe the jewelry found on Trayvon came from homes within a mile from where he was killed.

Perhaps that poster would like to issue a retraction - or an apology for lying.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:31 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
That's what O'Mara wants you to think.
The Defense is very slyly getting into evidence that "George is a good guy" and many people liked/like him, without actually having to try to get that testimony about his reputation in the community in via reputation/character rules. That's what these witnesses sound like to me, character witnesses, they ALL have given testimony that focused on George was a good friend and they would recognize any scream as George's voice/scream. Most of what they've gotten across is that they of course have a positive bias about George, would recognize any voice as George's voice, and how much they all liked/like him. George is just a "great guy." So great we give him money, food, clothes, etc., etc. This "George is a great guy" is also part of the Defense strategy, IMO. Interesting how they're getting around the reputation/character rules for this "reputation in the community" testimony.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
....obviously wanting us to believe the jewelry found on Trayvon came from homes within a mile from where he was killed.
Wonder where the jewelry did come from. Not something a 17 YO Boy normally carries around in his backpack.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:33 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wonder where the jewelry did come from. Not something a 17 YO Boy normally carries around in his backpack.
M-DSPD Cover Up – The Curious Case Of Trayvon Martin’s Backpack With Stolen Jewelry and Burglary Tool… | The Last Refuge

Old 07-08-2013, 10:36 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
The burglary victim lived between the school and Trayvon's mothers house.

What this story shows is the possibility that Trayvon may indeed have been casing the homes as he leisurely walked home in the rain. Just as his involvement in fights would indicate the probability he attacked GZ. If O'Mara could get this in front of the jury, it would be all over for the prosecution.
There's a huge difference between stating the jewelry Was tracked to a burglary and what the facts are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies