Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 10:13 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times

Advertisements

TY, I wasn't aware of that. Isn't it a bit odd that the MSM never mentioned made significant mention of that fact?

Old 07-08-2013, 10:13 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBlazer View Post
Even on the rare occasions when one has an innocent client, that client is rarely a good upstanding citizen like Mr. Zimmerman. Ordinarily the defense would not like to have the defendant’s background talked about so much, because it is usually bad news. But in this case, it seems that everyone that knows Mr. Zimmerman has good things to say about him. He really is a good upstanding citizen, and the defense says, the more the better.

As an example, the defense can ask the witness “How did you come to recognize Mr. Zimmerman’s voice” and the answer NOT come back as . . . “I heard the ***** screaming when he got smacked da third time we wuz in prison together”
Good upstanding citizen? He flunked out of college, had an arrest history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I agree. And, how old are her sons? She is clearly pushing 60. My sons try to talk like that around me, I remind them of who they are speaking to. IMO his witnesses are decent, but some of what they are saying hurts George's image so far.
The positive is that they have called their least believable witnesses first. Wonder who their star witness is....
The "lady in blue" said her sons are in their 30s. I don't know too many guys in their 30s who still talk like that. I do know some guys in their 20s who use such language in everyday conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
1) How did he know how quickly help would arrive?

2) How long should he expect to live before Martin succeeded in murdered him, given the nature of the ongoing assault?

3) If someone had YOU down on the ground, punching you in the face and nose and slamming your head into the ground and concrete...how long would you lay there and take it before doing everything in your power to stop the attack?

1. He'd called the police numerous times. He should have had a pretty good idea of response times.

2. His injuries do not bear witness that he was being murdered.

3. Since it's never happened to me, I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The whole fight was apparently about 40 seconds or less, the part on the sidewalk maybe 10 seconds, from what the witnesses have said. No, I would not shoot someone to death after less than a minute of fighting, knowing people were nearby and that 911 had been called.
Ditto

Old 07-08-2013, 10:14 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Proof?

Credible link?

Anything?
He has no proof/link.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:14 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman
Having memories of 40-50 old screams on the battlefield and possibility experiencing PTSD because of it makes this witness unreliable regarding identifying his friend on the tape. All screams like that are going to take him back to Vietnam in his head.
It's 2013, I thought liberals stopped spitting on Vietnam vets decades ago...
Please explain how what I posted translates in your head to "spitting on Vietnam vets". I know plenty of 'nam vets and have witnessed PTSD episodes firsthand. I have nothing but compassion for them.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:18 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
But Would YOU lie on the stand ?

I would not, except maybe as mentioned above to save my child.
Mr. Donnelly did in fact say during his testimony that George was very dear to him, "like a son" to him.

733 posts, read 1,047,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Zimmerman knew help was on the way. He didn't have to kill him.
martin didnt have to sneak attack him either.

dude caused his own death. get over it.

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Please explain how what I posted translates in your head to "spitting on Vietnam vets". I know plenty of 'nam vets and have witnessed PTSD episodes firsthand. I have nothing but compassion for them.
You have nothing but compassion for them, unless of course they are testifying in support of someone that you dislike.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:19 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
TY, I wasn't aware of that. Isn't it a bit odd that the MSM never mentioned made significant mention of that fact?
Where in this article does it state that the stolen property matched that of a burglary in Sanford? Please point this out, b/c I don't see it. In fact, it says this:

On October 21st 2011 a burglary took place a few blocks from Krop Senior High School where Trayvon Martin attended. The stolen property outlined in the Miami-Dade Police Report (PD111021-422483) matches the descriptive presented by SRO Dunn in his School Police report 2011-11477.

Trayvon went to school in MIAMI!

Old 07-08-2013, 10:21 AM

226 posts, read 230,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
when most people walk through a courtyard or row with windows on each side, they do look in. that does not make the kid guilty of anything.

you are conveniently forgetting the other side of the coin. zimmerman feels he was keeping an eye on things until police arrived. trayvon felt like he was being followed stalked and then confronted by someone he feared.

most people would defend themselves when they were followed by a stranger who gets too close. I am sure george did get a bit of an ass whopping. in comparison trayvon lost his life for walking home, george needed a band aid. huge differnce
No it is you that has conveniently forgotten that it was first Martin who in a intimidating way stuck his hand in his waste band like he had a gun and approached Zimmerman (talking on the phone with 911 dispatch) and circled his truck while parked and then he took off running like he was guilty of something. That would make any neighborhood watch patriot like Zimmerman want to investigate who this guy is and keep and eye on him, especially after a string of burglaries.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:21 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
According to the defendant.
Regardless of who it's according to, it's correct. At no point has this case been about Trayvon getting shot because he was burglarizing homes or anything other than attacking Zimmerman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies