Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 03:43 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,250,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Thank God that everyone who gets hit in the face after making the person who hit them feel threatened does not kill the person who hit them.
How do you read the jury asking for an inventory of the evidence? I am thinking O'Mara challenged them to not make assuptions, so they are reviewing George's various interviews etc....Otherwise, if they were convinced George was innocent why would they need to prove anything to themselves.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:44 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,952,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Actually, to tell the whole truth, he took a class that included the stand your ground law.
Okay, the point is that he lied. I'm sure you understood.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:45 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,691,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Absolutely! It's the law in Florida!!! The next blow TM made may have been deadly.

In Texas this event would never have seen a courtroom. In fact, in Texas you can use deadly force if you see someone stealing property from your neighbor. There are no issues with aggression or injuries...

PS - The jury does not know what being found guilty of manslaughter means in terms of jail time. The jury may think MS means a few months (but MS is 25-30 years), and I'd be afraid the jury will go with that instead of 2nd degree murder...just to [hopefully] satisfy everyone. That would be a huge mistake, because GZ is totally innocent of any crime.
That's my fear. They would most likely automatically assume a lesser charge would be lesser punishment.

If they follow the instructions as read to them, they can't possibly find him guilty, but jurors are humans and there's no way of telling what they're thinking.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:45 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,270,856 times
Quote:
Okay, the point is that he lied. I'm sure you understood.

If I take a class on WWII history, do you expect me to know every detail of every single battle?

Old 07-12-2013, 03:46 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,046,112 times
Quote:
Perhaps that's how the jury will see it. What if it isn't? I guess all the GZ supporters will call them stupid, just like they are doing now with anyone who believes that GZ is guilty.
I will call them wrong if they go off emotion. I don't see where the State met any burden of proof. There are too many unknowns and lack of evidence imo to justify a guilty verdict

Old 07-12-2013, 03:49 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,952,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
How do you read the jury asking for an inventory of the evidence? I am thinking O'Mara challenged them to not make assuptions, so they are reviewing George's various interviews etc....Otherwise, if they were convinced George was innocent why would they need to prove anything to themselves.
I don't think they were convinced of his innocence at least not all of them. Even if they are, this is such a high profile case and I'm sure they would want Trayvon Martin's parents and the public to believe that they thoroughly considered and evaluated all of the evidence before a verdict is reached.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:50 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,046,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That's my fear. They would most likely automatically assume a lesser charge would be lesser punishment.

If they follow the instructions as read to them, they can't possibly find him guilty, but jurors are humans and there's no way of telling what they're thinking.
Yeah. I bet they think manslaughter equals very little time, and can see them convicting on that.

20,300 posts, read 22,244,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

This thread is a prime example. People form opinions and damn the facts there is no changing their minds. They will make every excuse in the book to justify their beliefs.
If the jury sticks to the facts and only the facts GZ will walk away a free man. They will most likely conclude he was an idiot for his actions but the evidence did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he committed murder or man slaughter.

331 posts, read 254,321 times
If Zimmerman was not armed, there is no way he follows a 6'2 teenager in the dark.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:51 PM

310 posts, read 256,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So what? That is not what happened!!!!!
So what? It shows that there is a reason for self defense, which is what they are deciding on. Because you can be killed with one punch, being punched repeatedly puts your life at risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.