Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 05:43 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
He deemed GZ suspicious? I thought he deemed him a threat.
The terms are not mutually exclusive.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:43 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,421,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
He lost his belt to Buster Douglas who was taller

Got beat on by Evander Holyfield who was taller...

He got knocked out by Lennox Lewis who was taller...

Idk? You tell me...
Beat Spinks who was taller.
Beat Holmes who was taller.
Bat Berbick who was taller.

Your logic = not sound

Old 07-14-2013, 05:44 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post

Well this puts you in the minority of GZ supporters. But you do have reason to believe otherwise. That doesn't mean that's what happened, but to think that you have no reason to believe otherwise means that you believe GZ story 100%. The only way that happens is if you his story conforms to a narrative you already have in your head. I don't think that's the case w/ you, even if you accept the verdict of the trial.

We might not hear from jurors, but I'd bet they didn't believe everything gz said. But they don't do what you'd like --- disbelieve some, disbelieve all. They probably believed the essence of what he said because that's what the testimony supported.

TM punched and banged his head on the ground a number of times. TM was on top. GZ was yelling for help. He had a reasonable fear of great bodily injury. Verdict: Not Guilty.

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Well given what we know, most likely Martin struck first, as Martin didnt have any other injuries. Soo, theres that. But you can just throw that logic out the window and continue on with your bs.
Wait a dang minute.

According to Zimmerman, he and TM were tussling around on the ground for quite a while. Yet TM STILL received no injuries. Methinks that GZ isn't too good at fighting.

But he had his gun, so that gave him some confidence. And he used it.

We DON'T KNOW who the initial aggressor was. But we do know that GZ was following TM, against the advice of professionals, which in itself can be construed as aggressive behavior, especially in the dark.

15,982 posts, read 35,224,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The same posters who were personally offended when people called Trayvon a "thug" are the same posters who are saying vile and ignorant things about GZ and calling for a public stoning.

Everyone said all they wanted was GZ arrested and tried.

Well, he was tried. He was found not guilty. And rightfully so.

I do feel for TM's parents. They lost a son - and I'm sure they don't want to come to grips w/ the fact that he had a hand in his own death.

I also feel for GZ ... he was tarred & feathered by the MSM and it still continues.

But America has a short frickin' memory. They'll forget about GZ sooner rather than later ... and I hope GZ can find a way to live out the rest of his life peacefully.
I'm more upset by the fact how these people have treated the Martians. Didn't give a decent apology, disrespected their son and now will go on to collect millions and live rich.

9,828 posts, read 9,421,148 times
Quote:
And Martin was the only one of the two who had evidence on his phone that liked street fighting.
Yeah, that's comparable to an arrest for assault.

Righties must have sore shoulders from all the reaching they're doing.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:45 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You are projecting quite a bit on me that I have neither said nor ever said on any of these threads. Since my only exposure to this trial was the trial itself (and I watched every minute of it), I came to my conclusions from the evidence presented at trial.

First, the most influential witness for me was John Good (psst- that's not Zimmerman). His statements corroborated the version of events that the defense put out there, yes. More importantly, however, was the fact that he was the only eye witness of the fight who was able to say the lighter skinned man was on bottom.

I am not, nor have I ever been, a 'Zimmerman supporter'. I am a person that listened to the trial with an open mind and felt the evidence was quite strong in favor of self-defense for Zimmerman. Seems the jury came to the same conclusion.

In the future, try not to assume so much about people as your assumptions could prove to be quite untrue.
B.S. You can't say that you're open-minded and then just accept GZ account of what happened, especially when the circumstantial evidence of that night would suggest different motives for BOTH people from what GZ said. You don't even need to think he's lying, but to accept his account w/o a shadow of a doubt is NOT open-minded.

Your words suggest exactly that: "you are trying to claim Martin was justified in attacking Zimmerman." The only way you consider that a fact is by believing GZ.

JG testimony was about what happened after the initial confrontation, so there's no corroboration about what happened to lead up to the confrontation.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:46 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
And Martin was the only one of the two who had evidence on his phone that liked street fighting.
My gosh, he was seventeen! Most seventeen year old boys I know are chock full of bravado and enjoy blustering on about fighting and what they'd do if someone attacked them, yada yada. I raised three boys to adulthood - sometimes the testosterone in the room was so thick you could nearly cut it with a knife!

3,120 posts, read 8,066,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
for da last time it's not white on black, it's latino on black. As a white person I feel my civil rights are being violated, lol.
The case itself really wasn't inherently racial. The same fact pattern could have involved two white people or two black people. It became racial when black activists ignored the facts of the case and went looking for an excuse to scream, "We are still being persecuted! Our problems are Whitey's fault."

The end result is that now the black community is showcasing its racial hatred and cultural values by defending a would-be murderer in Trayvon Martin.

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Beat Spinks who was taller.
Beat Holmes was taller.
Bat Berbick was taller.

Your logic = not sound
The original analogy was stupid to begin with...

These are WORLD CLASS FIGHTERS

EDIT: Spinks and Berbick were bums BTW....Mike fought mostly bums in his career...but I digress...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies