Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 08:23 PM

107 posts, read 204,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
True. I met a man from I believe Ghana or Senegal and he told me out of his mouth that the way the U.S. media portrays Africa is mostly FALSE. He went on to tell me to come see for yourself and that its beautiful in alot of parts of Africa. He struck me as a wise and honest man.
Because it is true. Most of Africa is not like what is portrayed on US TV. It pure US propaganda. I have noticed this the more I travel outside the US to another countries around the world. Do not believe the hype and trash that US American TV or news feeds you about other countries. Go and visit for yourself. They tend to want to glam up the US like it is the best place on earth to live. NOT . It is truly over-rated in my opinion In some countries overseas the quality of life is much better than in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 08:31 PM

107 posts, read 204,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
ooh I have to hear the explanation to this one. So, if all African Americans left for what they deem as "greener pastures" then America would fail? Please do tell.

Just think about it, If we packed up everything our Ancestors built buildings/ infrastructures built / Farms/ inventions and took it back. You pretty much would be left with

Let's go a little bit further

And if the Native indians took back their lands today, you would have nothing to live on here in America.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:40 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Akon Just giving them more ammunition to rag on us. smh

Old 07-16-2013, 08:02 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,448,225 times
What is funny is that these "celebs " are actually treated like royalty ..

It's very patronizing the way they are talking to their lowly fans..

" I'll stay here in the us ..you peasant you go to Africa"

Actually .. I think a trip to Africa probably isn't a bad idea ..even if its to gain an appreciation of America..for all Americans

To see how people live without and most of those people are probably happier than Americans

There are lots of things taken for granted...sure the country isn't perfect..

But it's a lot better than most

Old 07-16-2013, 08:11 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,932,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Racism still exists in the US, anyone who thinks it ended with the Obama election is either really naive or really stupid. A shining example of that is the birther movement, the fact theat websites like stormfront exist and some of the comments in C-D.
Would you like to discuss the Muslim Brotherhood sites or Black Panthers....white people can be so narrow-minded to think stormfront is the only hate site.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:20 AM

563 posts, read 807,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Would you like to discuss the Muslim Brotherhood sites or Black Panthers....white people can be so narrow-minded to think stormfront is the only hate site.
He used websites like Stormfront, in other words he's using that site as an example. NBP falls into that category like any other racist site. And the Muslim Brotherhood is Egyptian, so I'm not sure why your mentioning them.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:24 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,471,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
Black America accounts for 2% of the wealth in America. FACT! Let me ask you this who accounts for the other 98%?
I don't know if that is true or not but I'll take you word for it at this moment. I'm not sure what your point is because you seem to be assisting my point. And 2% of the American wealth still doesn't change the exchange rate on the U.S. dollar.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Oh really. Well maybe you can start a thread about that. Akon, a BLACK man, stated that blacks would be better off moving back to Africa so they can live like royalty and not put up with racist America. I have no issue with that. Hell, I welcome it. Akon, pack your bags, and leave all the cash youve made off white America and get your ass out of here. Take Sharpton and as many liberal race hustlers with you as possible.
The money he made is his. That's the way it works in the world.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
Who cares?
racism has been used to the point that it's meaningless. All humans have preferences toward their own kind...because one prefers his own race or culture doesn't make anyone a "racist"...it's a term invented by the communist jew Lev Bronstein (Leon Trotsky) to describe that phenomenon.
It's been co opted by certain segments in america and distorted to marginalize or discredit someone they don't agree with.

Here's a definition I found amusing;

racism (noun)

An undetectable (but unquestionably real ) “systemic, societal, institutional, omnipresent, and epistemologically embedded phenomenon that pervades every vestige of our reality” (in the words of Negro scholar Omowale Akintunde), which somehow forces brown-skinned people to fail out of school, smoke crack, not get a job, abandon their kids, contract AIDS, commit every crime at a staggering rate, underperform on culturally unbiased tests of highly heritable cognitive abilities, and generally act like a bunch of goddamn jungle savages, thus making them seem inferior to whites in every way outside of certain sports, or at least certain positions in certain sports (and to which Asians are somehow, mysteriously immune). Usually rendered blatant racism.
In minorities, the leading cause of depression, death, animal and child abuse, tears, impotence, low self-esteem, persistent whining, and congestive heart failure.
Literally the worst thing in the entire world.

racist
(adjective)
  1. Expressing, suggesting, or hinting at discomforting truths about race.
  2. Failing to sufficiently denigrate and discriminate against whites.
  3. Directed at a white person by a non-white person: causing the speaker, or some (actual or hypothetical) like-race individual, to feel (or suspect that he may feel) unwanted, uncared for, unlikeable, uneasy, uncomfortable, upset, angry, guilty, hurt, cross, inferior, or stupid in some way, usually by the offending party being racist (def. 1), being racist (def. 2), Derogatory. Punishable by death in most jurisdictions. Often rendered raciss, as in you raciss and das raciss.
This was a good movie and supposedly pretty culturally accurate of the Ozarks.

Contrary to popular rhetoric one can suffer in any nation on earth. Any. Psychologically and emotionally. In the developed nations one doesn't usually suffer materially to that great of a degree. There are some exceptions, at least in the U.S., in cases of the homeless sleeping on the streets.

Winter's Bone Trailer [HD] - YouTube

Old 07-16-2013, 09:19 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
it's all part of the divide and conquer. they want us (black americans) to believe that Africans are all poor, starving, uneducated people living in mud huts, who hate black americans. they want us to be ashamed of our African ancestry and if we make it past the shame, they want us to think we're unwanted. I have experienced some stuck up African immigrants, though, who do seem to look down on black americans, but most are quite friendly and open if you get to know them.
And I must tell you that they've done a great job of this. Look at all of the self-hating African descendants on and off this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies