Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 12:53 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
And you were okay with the State, purposely hiding TM's background?

State of Florida files motion to conceal the history of Trayvon Martin. School Records, Criminal Records, Social Media, Etc
[scribd]141332108[/scribd]
Trayvon was not on trial.

Trayvon didn't have a criminal record. Zimmerman did. I think the law does not allow a defendent's past criminal history to be entered into court, why would they allow Trayvon's, even if he had had one, which he didn't.

Both Trayvon's and Zimmerman's school record were irrelevant except for the fact that Zimmerman had taken Criminal Justice and learned about stand-your-ground. And lied about it. (Funny how so many ignore Zimmerman's history of lies, including ones that you can view with your own eyes on video.) Trayvon was apparently getting decent grades, according to one of his teachers, quoted by name in the Orlando Sentinel. Zimmerman had mostly poor grades. Why would someone's grades be relevant for a murder trial? Do Zimmerman's bad grades make him more guilty of murder? I don't see your point.

Social media --- irrelevant in both Trayvon's and Zimmerman's case. By the way, Zimmerman had a lot of macho posturing on his myspace profile as well, including boasting about how he beat the felony and domestic violence charges (another lie, he didn't really beat the charges.)

Old 07-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Gru

79 posts, read 82,378 times
I have this very liberal friend. Posted my approval of the decision. He was outraged. He says I have no idea all the horrors that happen in his state (about 1500 miles from George Zimmerman) to minorities. That right there is the problem. People see this case, and see only their experiences with racism. They are not thinking about THIS CASE. Thankfully the jurors were able to do so.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,492,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
The media wanted it to be though.

Calling GZ a "white Hispanic" was absolutely the most egregious description I've heard on the TV.

Unbelievable.
Yup, and they were editing the 911 calls...
NBC fires producer over edited Zimmerman 911 call

Old 07-15-2013, 12:55 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,259,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Zimmerman was losing a fight that I believe the evidence shows that he started with his actions.

The only two witnesses we have to who "started" the physical altercation were Zimmerman, and Rachel Jeantel.

I believe Jeantel's testimony. She gave her story way before all the details and their significance ever became clear. She was not a legal scholar, nor did she even know the importance of her phone call in the beginning.

The first parts of her testimony match everything Zimmerman himself said, and the end of her phone call matches the time line of the altercation. Why is it that only the last part of her testimony, that Zimmerman came up behind Trayvon, and would not answer when Trayvon asked him , "why you following me for?", and then the bump, and the sound of the headset on the ground and a scuffle, is doubted?

Trayvon had a right to defend himself against an armed stalker who despite three opportunities to identify himself did not.
Even if we give TM all the benefit of doubt he was no longer defending himself when he was on top of GZ and the neighbors told him to stop. At that point he was engaged in assault and GZ did have the right to defend himself from assault.

Then there is the whole issue of who was calling for help. Either TM was calling for help while beating up GZ or GZ was calling for help while getting beat up.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:58 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,189 times
Judging by Obama's indifference to what has been going on in Chicago recently I guess it would be fair to say that if he had a second son he wouldn't look anything like any of the young black men/kids violently killed there.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Gru

79 posts, read 82,378 times
Quote:
Zimmerman was losing a fight that I believe the evidence shows that he started with his actions.

The only two witnesses we have to who "started" the physical altercation were Zimmerman, and Rachel Jeantel.

I believe Jeantel's testimony.
I wouldn't doubt that for a second. She was damn good
Rachel Jeantel Caught in LIES and Speaking Confusing Ebonics Trayvon Martin Friend - YouTube

Old 07-15-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Even if we give TM all the benefit of doubt he was no longer defending himself when he was on top of GZ and the neighbors told him to stop. At that point he was engaged in assault and GZ did have the right to defend himself from assault.

Then there is the whole issue of who was calling for help. Either TM was calling for help while beating up GZ or GZ was calling for help while getting beat up.
Sure, so why didn't he defend himself? Fight back a little before resorting to deadly force.

Why didn't he? Because he had a gun, and knew that the entire time. It's the only thing that explains the fact that he didn't fight back. He also lied about that. He said he forgot he had his gun on him, despite the fact that he apparently always carried. No, it wasn't until, according to him, that Trayvon noticed the gun, even though that was physically impossible given Trayvon's position, and started reaching for it, that Zimmie realized, "Damn, I got a gun on me! whoop de doo."

Old 07-15-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gru View Post
She was damn good?! She was a terrible witness, barely able to communicate.

But her very lack of smarts and sophistication makes her all the more credible in my eyes. She didn't know the layout of the complex. All of the details that emerged during the trial, she didn't know those when she first gave her testimony a year earlier!

She didn't know anything, but she never changed the substance of her story.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:10 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are 2 of the biggest racists POS in this country.

I still think one of them had to do with or no a lot more about MLK's death.

they have to keep the racisum going, otherwise, they'd be out of jobs....
even Mayor Nutter of Philly is joining forces, and how dare he, when he has shootings in his city every single day and says nothing about them!

Old 07-15-2013, 01:12 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,540 times
Quote:
She was damn good?! She was a terrible witness, barely able to communicate.

But her very lack of smarts and sophistication makes her all the more credible in my eyes. She didn't know the layout of the complex. All of the details that emerged during the trial, she didn't know those when she first gave her testimony a year earlier!

She didn't know anything, but she never changed the substance of her story.
She added the critical "get off, get off" that wasn't in the original statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies