Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 11:15 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,387,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
The whole Zimmerman/Martin episode happened, because Zimmerman was suspicious of Trayvon and followed him, and Trayvon didn't like it . .
Didn't like it?

You're too deep for me.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:16 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,241,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So Zimmerman was following him? Someone else said Martin left Zimmerman and made it to his home, then turned around and went back to Zimmerman and attacked him. So you are saying Martin attacked Zimmerman with no warning?

The story doesn't add up, I think Zimmerman has been editing his story to protect himself.
Exactly. People would prefer to believe the kids randomly attacked Zimmerman. Something happened that Zimmerman isn't telling that led up to him getting his ass kicked.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:16 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,001,405 times
Quote:
The whole Zimmerman/Martin episode happened, because Zimmerman was suspicious of Trayvon and followed him, and Trayvon didn't like it, challenged Zimmerman, and later attacked him.

Zimmerman's neighborhood had been burgled several times in the recent past, Zimmerman obviously didn't like it (probably a lot of people didn't like it), and so Zimmerman went on Neighborhood Watch.

I'm a white guy. Suppose there was a neighborhood that had been burgled several times, and when the perps had been caught or seen, they had turned out to be white guys. A couple months later on a rainy night, I go strolling through the neighborhood, looking at the houses. I don't live there, I'm a stranger to most people there. And I notice a guy is watching me. And as I walk along, I notice he starts strolling along after me.

How would I feel? I don't like being followed, and I don't much like people staring at me as though they were suspicious I were up to no good. All I'm doing is walking along a public sidewalk. OTOH, all the guy behind me is doing, is walking along the same public sidewalk.

But do you know what? Even though I don't like it, maybe I would say, "Well, I know they've been robbed a few times, I guess I can't blame them for being suspicious of a stranger, like me." And I'd probably just complete my stroll, get to wherever I was going, and knock on the door and greet the people I was going to visit (or drive away or whatever the conclusion was).

Would I turn on the guy following me, and challenge him, telling him to get off my a**? Probably not. It's not my neighborhood, and maybe it is his. And would I later jump out, slug him, knock him down, and start beating him? Of course not. Even if I didn't like being eyed or followed, I'd likely say, "Well, I guess I understand why they're doing it, they've been robbed in the past, and maybe they're nervous. I can understand that."

And what if most of the neighbors there were black, and were eyeing me and one of them following me? Is there a chance some of them might automatically not like a guy like me who isn't black? Yes, could be. But they would still have a legitimate reason to be suspicious of me.

When Trayvon didn't like being eyed and followed, that was understandable. But so was Zimmerman's actions in eying and following him - that was completely understandable too, given that the neighborhood had been burgled recently, several times. Zimmerman, in fact, did nothing wrong.

IT WAS TRAYVON WHO WAS WRONG, when Trayvon slugged Zimmerman, knocked him down, and started beating on him.

People keep saying that Zimmerman should have stayed home that night, or should have stayed in his car after calling the police.

But Zimmerman did nothing wrong. Trayvon was the one who did wrong. Then it went downhill from there.

And when Zimmerman was on his back with Trayvon on top of him raining blows down on him and saying, "You're going to die tonight, mother****er", Zimmerman exercised justifiable self-defense in pulling his gun and firing.

Sorry guys. It was a tragic incident, and sure, it would have been better if both sides had exercised a little more restraint.

But Trayvon was the one who did wrong. Not Zimmerman.

And it was because of Trayvon's huge over-reaction, that everything went to hell. Not anything that Zimmerman did - Zimmerman's acts were not extreme, until after he was on his back and getting beaten repeatedly.

My first instinct if being followed is to try to get away from the situation....unless I was cornered, and the only alternative was to fight back. Other than that, I'll try and move quickly to my destination.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:17 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,951,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Well yeah, but that depends how you define Zimmerman supporter.

The current mantra seems to be that anyone who doesn't think George Zimmerman is satan himself and should be burned at the stake without conclusive evidence of guilt is a "Zimmerman supporter".

Okay.

And you know this is what happened how exactly?

Just so you know, following someone does not equal initiating an altercation.
Stop acting like you know what happened. That has been the problem the entire time from both sides of the case.

As I said earlier, I don't know what happened that night. All anyone knows is that there was an altercation between a grown man that was armed and an adolescent boy that was not armed. Some chose to idolize the adult; some the child. I have tried to avoid the entire case.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:17 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,760,869 times
Quote:
I've made several posts in this thread stating why you are wrong. Ignoring those posts doen't make them go away.

Nice try.
And i've made several post stating why I'm correct. Ignoring my post doesn't make them go away either..

Old 07-16-2013, 11:18 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,565,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
LA, you're forgetting T.M. was a 17 year old kid. The majority of teenagers can't think beyond where they're going to have lunch. Both people in this case made a fatal error. Zimmerman for leaving his vehicle and Trayvon for confronting him. Nobody "won" in this case.
The error was TM's. Leaving a truck doesn't compare to attacking a person. Not in the slightest. TM was a thug. Someone who responds with violence. Whatever told Zimmerman he was someone who needed to be watched was right on the money. TM responded with violence.

13,512 posts, read 17,049,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Lets quit stating Trayvon viciously attacking Zimmerman as if it's concrete truth. All we have is Zimmerman's word.

The story personally makes no sense to me.

Zimmerman was wrong. It's not ok to assume someone is up to no good when a criminal act has not been committed. What Zimmerman should have done is maybe surveillance Trayvon from a distance and waited to see if he would do anything ,before he went into an all out mini investigation profiling and criminalizing an innocent kid.

It makes no sense to call the cops on someone for "looking" suspicious.
We don't know who threw the first blow, but we know that Martin was in physically dominating the fight according to eyewitnesses. That part pretty much IS concrete truth..eyewitness tesimony and Zimerman's injuries confirm it.

Who threw the first blow is something we will never know the 100% truth about, because Zimmerman could well be lying, but it seems pretty clear that Martin did not flee from his pursuer when he had ample opportunity to. So, when he confronted Zimmerman, did he punch Zimerman in the face, or did Zimmerman make a physical move towards him? We'll never know with 100% certainty. Unfortunately, that's the most crucial part in proving the murder case, and there's no way to do that without reasonable doubt, because it's 50/50 as far as I'm concerned.

The state should have charged criminaly neg. homicide and most likely would have gotten a plea or conviction.

15,896 posts, read 12,001,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Only two people know what really happened that night and one is dead.God also knows and will judge accordingly ...

This!

Old 07-16-2013, 11:19 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,565,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Lets quit stating Trayvon viciously attacking Zimmerman as if it's concrete truth. All we have is Zimmerman's word.

The story personally makes no sense to me.

Zimmerman was wrong. It's not ok to assume someone is up to no good when a criminal act has not been committed. What Zimmerman should have done is maybe surveillance Trayvon from a distance and waited to see if he would do anything ,before he went into an all out mini investigation profiling and criminalizing an innocent kid.

It makes no sense to call the cops on someone for "looking" suspicious.
Zimmerman's injuries and eye witness testimony support that TM attacked him. Let's not ignore the facts.

Let's see who's more in the wrong. Zimmerman for assuming someone was up to no good or the person he assumed was up to no good attacking him? From where I sit, Zimmerman had it right. TM was trouble. He proved it by attacking Zimmerman.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:19 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,951,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
The error was TM's. Leaving a truck doesn't compare to attacking a person. Not in the slightest. TM was a thug. Someone who responds with violence. Whatever told Zimmerman he was someone who needed to be watched was right on the money. TM responded with violence.
Only one had a violent criminal record. I also presume you were not there that night.

NEXT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies