Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 12:27 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,897,668 times

Advertisements

I don't understand how he was getting beat for his life as if he didn't see it coming... This was a one on one fight between two perfectly capable people. GZ who should have been clearly trained for this situation had no right to kill someone just because he couldn't fight. I can 100% assure you that this wouldn't have happened if he was in the car. Its not like Trayvon would have jumped on top of the car, and demanded him to come out. I think it would've been better if GZ would have took the stand, and told people what really happened... Until then hes a murderer in my book

Old 07-16-2013, 12:28 PM

29,490 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
WTF!! I hope you don't have kids.
As opposed to assaulting some that could and in this case was armed.. yeah okay.

I'm not saying GZ was completely in the right, staying in the car would have been the best thing to do. Getting out doesn't deserve an ass kicking though.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:29 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
For someone that wasn't there you sure are responding pretty strongly to this debate.. and you are making it sound like GZ shot TM as he was casually walking by.. You weren't there remember ..
And neither were you.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:29 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Exactly, but apparently now people feel it's perfectly fine to follow anoymous people and not expect the person being followed to feel threatened. CD logic
Zim's first mistake was ignoring what a police department dispatcher told him to do and not to do.

We all know of Zim's wannabe cop history, and we know of his history of being violent, too bad this wasn't brought into court evidence, the outcome might be different. I wonder how jurors would feel about it if they have finally found out? I wonder if any would feel guilty for their findings?

Old 07-16-2013, 12:30 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And neither were you.
Yes well notice how conveniently he ignores that simple fact?

Old 07-16-2013, 12:30 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
How did GZ start a fight ? By following and observing him ?
If TM did not like being followed there was two choices he could have made. 1) run 2) confront GZ , not assault him. Something like "hey , my dad lives here , I'm on my way to his house, you can follow me there if you want "
So Zimmerman just followed and observed and had no interaction with Martin until he randomly attacked him? How do you know that it was Martin who attacked Zimmerman first? How do you know that Martin didn't feel threatened and that his life could be in danger? Stand your ground says you don't have to retreat in self defense, therefore he didnt need to run away based on that law, why didn't Zimmerman just run away?

Old 07-16-2013, 12:31 PM

29,490 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I would do the obvious, pick up the phone and stay inside. Being outside in a yard can be detrimental to one's health. Why confront? That's the cop's job.
Standing in your own yard observing what is going on in your nieghborhood should not have any issues unless the people your observing are indeed going to do something wrong. So now we are victims that have to hide in our houses ? Observing and engaging are two completely different things.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:32 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
As opposed to assaulting some that could and in this case was armed.. yeah okay.

I'm not saying GZ was completely in the right, staying in the car would have been the best thing to do. Getting out doesn't deserve an ass kicking though.
So your alternative to assaulting a stranger is to advise your teen to tell them they were heading home and the stranger could follow them there? Again, TERRIBLE ADVICE!

Old 07-16-2013, 12:33 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Standing in your own yard observing what is going on in your nieghborhood should not have any issues unless the people your observing are indeed going to do something wrong. So now we are victims that have to hide in our houses ? Observing and engaging are two completely different things.
I grew up in a crime-ridden area and value my life. No way in hell I'm going outside to "observe" anything that looks like criminal activity (unless someone was in direct need for help). A call to 911 from the comforts of my home will do just fine.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:34 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Did he tell you that you had to do anything?
I recall him being asked (by you) what he, specifically, would do.
Now you're complaining about an answer.

Who said you had to do anything?
A handshaking relationship with reality is a good thing.

Let me refresh your memory with your post:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/30514012-post75.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies