Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 02:51 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
He was obviously getting into trouble. Don't think it's very relevant, though.
It's relevant when the media is showing pictures of a baby face kid as opposed to a 17 year old who had an obvious fascination with thug "culture".

I don't think Martin was a murderous gang banger, but he certainly wasn't the harmless pre-pubescent kid that the media wanted us to believe initially. His mom kicking him out was evidence to that exact fact.

And again, I've said all along that I think Zimmerman should have been charged and convicted of criminally negligent homicide.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:51 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,631,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Does anyone have a copy of the autopsy report?
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/im...in.autopsy.pdf

Old 07-16-2013, 02:54 PM

798 posts, read 1,034,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeJr View Post
I think it is very relevant. People are assuming all Trayvon was doing was walking home minding his on business. What if he was not?

Unfortunately, because of the circumstances, no one will ever know what was in Trayvon mind before he was shot. The only other witness (Zimmerman) said his behavior was suspicious.
It really doesn't matter what Trayvon was doing or planning to do. I can look at anyone and make up a thousand different scenarios of what's going on in their mind or what they might do next. I've seen several people doing very weird things that I questioned in my mind. If you see a guy running top speed down the street wearing a jeans and a t-shirt looking behind him constantly, you'd watch him for a bit. You could see a guy checking behind him constantly and think "Hmm, he's probably making sure no one's around before he commits a crime." In reality, he could be doing that, or looking around to make sure he's not being followed. You don't know. Which is why it doesn't matter.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:54 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
To create Lean, a popular drink originated from Houston Texas, you require the following for the original formula:

-Promethazine w/Codeine VC <- Sizzurp (active ingredient)
-Original Sprite Soda <- Mixing ingredient (although different flavors of sprite are now used, such as sprite remix)
-Jolly rancher candy <- Flavor additive

Put it all in a styrofoam cup and enjoy. The codeine is mainly responsible for the euphoric feeling after drinking lean. Promethazine causes motor skill impairment, lethargy, extreme drowsiness, as well as a disassociative feeling from all other parts of the body, specifically the stomach and digestive system. If it doesn't have promethazine w/ Codeine, it isn't real sizzurp.

The mixed drink combination known as "lean", is normally the color purple, due the added ingredient sizzurp, which is originally a dark purple syrup. There are other colors of sizzurp which can be added to create lean, but the purple is the true sizurp

Lean does not contain ANY form of alcohol, crushed pills, or other liquids in general.
Dat lean got my thoed.
Maybe not. It's supposed to make a purple drink and the grape jolly ranchers are the candy of choice.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:55 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Quote:
A question I have not seen discussed is why did Trayvon;s mother kick him out? Sure she sent him to live with his father after getting expelled from school. But why?

Was he such a troubled kid that his mother could not handle him anymore?

Why would any mother kick her minor child out of the house?
Certainly not a reason to justify GZ racially profiling, then killing him. TM might've been "troubled", but not as DISTURBED as GZ is.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:57 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,298,381 times
Quote:
A question I have not seen discussed is why did Trayvon;s mother kick him out? Sure she sent him to live with his father after getting expelled from school. But why?

Was he such a troubled kid that his mother could not handle him anymore?

Why would any mother kick her minor child out of the house?
From The American Spectator website:
Trayvon Martin was not from Sanford, the town north of Orlando where he was shot in 2012 and where a jury acquitted Zimmerman of murder charges Saturday. Martin was from Miami Gardens, more than 200 miles away, and had come to Sanford to stay with his father’s girlfriend Brandy Green at her home in the townhouse community where Zimmerman was in charge of the neighborhood watch. Trayvon was staying with Green after he had been suspended for the second time in six months from Krop High School in Miami-Dade County, where both his father, Tracy Martin, and mother, Sybrina Fulton, lived.

The rest of the story at: The American Spectator : The Spectacle Blog : How a Miami School Crime Cover-Up Policy Led to Trayvon Martin's Death

Old 07-16-2013, 02:57 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It wasn't just 'Skittles' Trayvon was carrying | Conservative ByteConservative Byte

He was on drugs. His liver showed damage from doing them.

[LEFT]Among its reports, Trayvon Martin’s drug use, explaining how the Skittles and Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail drink he carried that night are ingredients that, when mixed with dextromethorphan (DXM) cough syrup, create “Lean”, a concocted high which can cause psychosis and aggression over the longer term. According to the autopsy report, Martin’s liver showed damage consistent with DXM abuse.

[/LEFT]
That information is nowhere in the autopsy report.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:59 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,766,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
He was on drugs. His liver showed damage from doing them.
That's crap. I have a more severe case of fatty liver than he did and I've never abused drugs and I don't even drink.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:01 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Thanks!

Old 07-16-2013, 03:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Hmm. From the autopsy report:

Liver: No diagnostic abnormality

Was Trayvon "kicked out", or did his mom just think a change of venue might be helpful during this suspension?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies