Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 05:27 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,091,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
If Trayvon were a white person, he would still be alive.
If Trayvon were a white person, he probably wouldn't have attacked Zimmerman and he would still be alive.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
No, he's pretty sure that Zimmerman wouldn't have followed a white person.
Zimmerman would probably feel safer following a white person, especially now.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:33 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,515,322 times
Quote:
Well we should lock him up forever then.

How dare he not think in the way people want people to think about race.

Of course, thinking is not a crime, even if you don't like it. And there is no evidence that he followed him because the other guy was black. He basically told the 911 dispatcher he wasn't sure what race the person was.

Racism was a factor in this case though. Trayvon Martin called Zimmerman a "creepy azz cracker" proving Martin was a racist.

The real question should be: did Martin turn around and attack Zimmerman because of Martin's obvious racism???

Old 07-19-2013, 05:35 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
ty.

I wanted to be sure the poster wasn't profiling a white person as being too fast for Zimmerman to catch or too tough for Zimmerman to remain conscious while being beaten.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:46 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
If Trayvon were a white person, he would still be alive.
Quote:

It was dark outside and raining and Trayvon was wearing a hoodie.

Trayvon was cutting through yards and stopping and looking at houses in a neighborhood that had many recent break ins by people who also wore hoodies.

He was NOT just casually walking down the street as so many keep saying.

If I saw anyone doing this in my neighborhood I would think they might be up to no good regardless of the color of their skin..

George may have profiled Trayvon but he was profiled as a possible criminal because of the way he was dressed and the way he was acting, not because he was black.
Hell you don't even know if Zimmerman knew if Trayvon was black or not at first...unless you are just going by the tape NBC EDITED to make Zimmerman sound racist.

Here's a novel idea: if you don't wan't to be profiled as a thug then maybe you shouldn't dress and act like a thug??

Old 07-19-2013, 05:47 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Well we should lock him up forever then.

How dare he not think in the way people want people to think about race.

Of course, thinking is not a crime, even if you don't like it. And there is no evidence that he followed him because the other guy was black. He basically told the 911 dispatcher he wasn't sure what race the person was.

Racism was a factor in this case though. Trayvon Martin called Zimmerman a "creepy azz cracker" proving Martin was a racist.

The real question should be: did Martin turn around and attack Zimmerman because of Martin's obvious racism???
You're not keeping up with urban youth lingo. I learned from Rachel that it's 'cracka' not 'cracker' and it means like a cop or security guard, some time of authority person of any color. She also taught me the n word nigg-A is different than ....ER.

I guess where those words are common everyday language, people have to be very careful in pronunciation.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:49 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,552,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
If Trayvon were a white person, he probably wouldn't have attacked Zimmerman and he would still be alive.
Seriously? Sometimes I feel like this forum is becoming more like Stormfront.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:54 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,515,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're not keeping up with urban youth lingo. I learned from Rachel that it's 'cracka' not 'cracker' and it means like a cop or security guard, some time of authority person of any color. She also taught me the n word nigg-A is different than ....ER.

I guess where those words are common everyday language, people have to be very careful in pronunciation.
I can't keep up with these kids today. Crazy *****z keep changing things on me. lols.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:56 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
I believe almost anyone regrets killing a person, even in war.
He said he would not have done anything differently.

OP, most people do not believe that he is a racist per se, but that does not change the fact that many believe that he was profiling TM based on race...there is a difference.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
Seriously? Sometimes I feel like this forum is becoming more like Stormfront.
Never been to that web site. And yes, I'm serious. There are plenty of stats being bandied about that would support what I said. I am not a racist either. I just deal with facts.

Some white people would have attacked GZ, and some(most) blacks would not have attacked GZ, but given statistics of crime and violence throughout the past 30 or more years, my statement holds up as far as percentages are concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies