Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 07:47 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times

Advertisements

Tavis, a committed Leftist, appeared on Meet the Press and said the Presidents comments Friday were as weak as watered down pre sweetened Kool-Aid. Ok sonata is is not a fan of the Great One. Immediately Black folks erupted on Twitter calling him some pretty vile names. Various Tavis related hash tags zoomed to the top. While I personally thought his comment was gratuitous why do Black people seem to tolerate no criticism of Obama. Is this some sort of group psychosis or something. I just don't get it.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/tavis-smi...ehind-on-race/
http://mobile.thegrio.com/thegrio/#!...27f5d9d0fb67c3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 07:48 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,755,703 times
even more ironically, obama isn't even really black.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:52 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,781,695 times
Yeah, Obama presents a complex issue for the black community. Phenotypically and socially, he looks as the rest of us do (skin color, hair, etc), and so many embrace him as "our" president. But genetically (and realistically) speaking, he is biracial.

That being said, unfortunately, any attack/criticism of Obama by anyone (whether that person be black, white, blue, purple, etc) is seen as an attack on "our" president...an attack on "us."

It's a difficult and complex collective ideology.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:38 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Ironic. I don't know a single Black person who has a bad thing to say about Tavis Smiley.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:00 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,605 times
I'm black and I don't hate Tavis Smiley. Edward you are a black man. You should be able to answer why you don't like Tavis Smiley for yourself.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:03 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdocjolly View Post
Yeah, Obama presents a complex issue for the black community. Phenotypically and socially, he looks as the rest of us do (skin color, hair, etc), and so many embrace him as "our" president. But genetically (and realistically) speaking, he is biracial.

That being said, unfortunately, any attack/criticism of Obama by anyone (whether that person be black, white, blue, purple, etc) is seen as an attack on "our" president...an attack on "us."

It's a difficult and complex collective ideology.
None of Obama's relatives ever picked cotton or felt the white man's whip...........None of them! None of them ever went thru Jim Crow......

If anything half of his family probably owned slaves.........

Old 07-22-2013, 09:08 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
None of Obama's relatives ever picked cotton or felt the white man's whip...........None of them! None of them ever went thru Jim Crow......

If anything half of his family probably owned slaves.........
Those damned Black Irish.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:08 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I'm black and I don't hate Tavis Smiley. Edward you are a black man. You should be able to answer why you don't like Tavis Smiley for yourself.
Truth be known...Tavis has done more for black causes than Obama has done in his whole life! Obama grew up off the mainland!!! Very little going on out there smokin' weed.

Black folks get mad when you say we are brainwashed. But when you break off from the hive, you get attacked and shunned just like cultists do to ex-members. It's crazy!! The behavior is the same!!

All of Tavis' work for the black community means NOTHING because he dared criticize the Obama!! Tavis didn't fall for the banana in the tail pipe.

I'm saying this and I do not agree with Tavis on anything! But I do acknowledge his work in the black community.

Last edited by citizenkane2; 07-22-2013 at 09:31 AM..

Old 07-22-2013, 09:09 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Tavis, a committed Leftist, appeared on Meet the Press and said the Presidents comments Friday were as weak as watered down pre sweetened Kool-Aid. Ok sonata is is not a fan of the Great One. Immediately Black folks erupted on Twitter calling him some pretty vile names. Various Tavis related hash tags zoomed to the top. While I personally thought his comment was gratuitous why do Black people seem to tolerate no criticism of Obama. Is this some sort of group psychosis or something. I just don't get it.

Tavis Smiley Blasts Obama’s ‘Weak As Kool-Aid’ Speech: ‘This Is Not Libya, You Can’t Lead From Behind’ On Race | Mediaite
Onswipe
Wow, when I first read your OP, I thought a movement had just started against Tavis Smiley or something LOL! Uh, not. Tavis merely wants Obama to be tougher. So what? It doesn't support your right wing view of anything. You really need to stop digging to see where you can pull out something that might support your weird views of life.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:27 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post

Tavis Smiley Blasts Obama’s ‘Weak As Kool-Aid’ Speech: ‘This Is Not Libya, You Can’t Lead From Behind’ On Race | Mediaite
Onswipe
There are people that believe that no matter what you're not supposed to tear down another brother especially if he is in a high position, so you don't essentially become "the man". It's this backwards mentality that leads to a lack of accountability for black leaders and leads to corruption. Hello Detroit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies