Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 05:31 AM

121 posts, read 142,527 times

Advertisements

This may indeed be a controversial topic, but I have noticed something very apparent lately. When I'm out and about, in majority black and mixed communities, I rarely see black dads out and about with their children (i.e. at the mall, grocery store, sporting events, concerts, parks, etc). I usually always see black women alone with their children or with other women (perhaps a sister, friend, mother, aunt, niece etc).

On the other hand, whenever the children are present with a white, or Asian women, I often always see a guy around too, out and about with them.

Please do not take offense to this post. I am just writing from my own experience. Please let me know if you have noticed this as well. If not, next time you're out and about especially if you live in a mixed or predominately black area, do an informal count for yourself, and see if you don't notice this trend too.

I obviously did not perform a scientific study, but I think this is the real reason why there is so much crime in urban areas. Male children need discipline and female children need protection from male attention at young ages. Without a caring father present, a host of problems usually result, in the short and long term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 05:41 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,997,848 times
I'm sure you go out and visit majority black and mixed communities very often

Old 07-28-2013, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm black and I've directly observed first hand what I wrote in my original post. I noticed that whenever I saw most black women with children, a man was usually not present.

I then did an informal comparison with white and Asian women and noticed that whenever I saw them out and about with their children, usually a guy was always there too.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:31 AM

20,133 posts, read 16,227,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I do. Sadly, the OP is correct.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:39 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,088,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherish643 View Post
This may indeed be a controversial topic, but I have noticed something very apparent lately. When I'm out and about, in majority black and mixed communities, I rarely see black dads out and about with their children (i.e. at the mall, grocery store, sporting events, concerts, parks, etc). I usually always see black women alone with their children or with other women (perhaps a sister, friend, mother, aunt, niece etc).

On the other hand, whenever the children are present with a white, or Asian women, I often always see a guy around too, out and about with them.

Please do not take offense to this post. I am just writing from my own experience. Please let me know if you have noticed this as well. If not, next time you're out and about especially if you live in a mixed or predominately black area, do an informal count for yourself, and see if you don't notice this trend too.

I obviously did not perform a scientific study, but I think this is the real reason why there is so much crime in urban areas. Male children need discipline and female children need protection from male attention at young ages. Without a caring father present, a host of problems usually result, in the short and long term.
So you are saying the men in black couples and mixed couples are not as controlling as the men in white couples. If a white woman goes out with her children the man has to go with her, because she either isnt allowed or cant be trusted to go out with the kids without the father. But in black and mixed couples the woman is able to go out by herself? very interesting

Old 07-28-2013, 06:56 AM

14,492 posts, read 11,320,995 times
I live in an area of Boston that is about 60% black and you are correct in your observations. One thing I would add to my experience is that, on work days, there are a lot of black women doing errands with their children while you never see white women out doing the same.

They seem to have a lot of time to raise their children. It's almost like it was for me when I was a kid in the 70's. I had a stay at home mom.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
So you are saying the men in black couples and mixed couples are not as controlling as the men in white couples. If a white woman goes out with her children the man has to go with her, because she either isnt allowed or cant be trusted to go out with the kids without the father. But in black and mixed couples the woman is able to go out by herself? very interesting
No, I am pointing out that other races of men appear to be more involved and have a presence in their children's lives. Children require a lot of work. I often see black women carry bags, packages and the baby stroller, while other races of women have help.

It's very telling that you see it as controlling for a man to help out and interact with his own children.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I live in an area of Boston that is about 60% black and you are correct in your observations. One thing I would add to my experience is that, on work days, there are a lot of black women doing errands with their children while you never see white women out doing the same.

They seem to have a lot of time to raise their children. It's almost like it was for me when I was a kid in the 70's. I had a stay at home mom.
No, I don't think they have a lot of time to raise their children. If they are single moms, and they don't have any support from the father of their children and live in poverty, I think they are receiving some type of government assistance. But to my knowledge, most welfare programs require that the woman work as well, after a period of time.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:04 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,088,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherish643 View Post
No, I am pointing out that other races of men appear to be more involved with their children. Children require a lot of work. I often see black women carry bags, packages and the baby stroller, while other races of women have help.

It's very telling that you see it as controlling for a man to help out and interact with his own children.
Well, if you are going off of what you observe while out and about, you can not discern the reasoning of it. you are coming up with what you believe is the reason. There is no proof in this type of observation as to what the reasoning is. I was just doing the same thing you are doing, forming an opinion out of nowhere to substantiate what ever I want.

Just like one could decide that the reasoning is, the white women have husbands who wont work, so, the husbands are able to be there all the time and help out all the time, but the black women have husbands who do work, so therefore can not be there 24/7. We could come up with thousands of these, but by just observing people out and about we can not give factual reasoning behind it.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:05 AM

I hate to say this, but on the occasion that I see a black guy with his family/children I notice it right away, because it's so rare these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies