Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your political affiliation?
Liberal 12 24.49%
Conservative 11 22.45%
Independent 26 53.06%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 10:22 AM

690 posts, read 965,921 times

Advertisements

This will show what kinda board this is. I also wanna describe my views, and maybe someone can tell me where I fit:
I am liberal on many things, such as govt should have social programs, the corp. world needs to be regulated heavily cuz u cant trust em, the rich can afford to pay more taxes (even though everyone's should be low), society should function together as one, we should care for others and help those that can't help themselves, pro minority, more fairness and less discrimination, reform the criminal justice system to battle racial disparities, level the playing field for everyone, everyone should have a fair chance at good life, mostly hate seeing guns in the hands of regular citizens and think they should be restricted, general progressive and open minded views, I don't usually look at it as black and white, I try to see what's practical and what makes sense in a particular situation. There are some things I am conservative about though, such as illegal immigration-needs to be stopped completely, dont mind gay people, but dont agree with gay marriage or gays adopting, believe some crimes deserve death penalty or long sentences, would like Islamic immigration to America to stop, like traditional family values, fiscally responsible, not just blindly subsidize losers, reform welfare. That said, I absolutely can't stand the right wingers today, they seem nuts to me. I like to use common sense. What am I?

Last edited by Stechkin; 07-28-2013 at 10:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 10:30 AM

690 posts, read 965,921 times
this is my sh
Chris Rock on Politics Democrats Republicans - YouTube

Old 07-28-2013, 10:37 AM

87 posts, read 82,491 times
Registered Republican but usually vote 3rd party..getting to where I probably won't even vote in national elections just local maybe state ones.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:34 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,455,716 times
Default What is your political affiliation?

Former Republican, now independent.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:40 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,536,044 times
Fiscal conservative, social moderate, no party affiliation for almost 20 years. Guess that makes me an independent. I vote the issues, the individual, my conscience, sometimes my faith and what I deem to be common sense. I do not vote a party or their candidate just because. After 20 years working in politics and legislation I know too well how it all works and it's ugly.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:44 PM

29,617 posts, read 16,605,027 times
Liberal, Conservatives, Moderate are political ideologies.

Republican, Democrat, Independent are political affiliations .

Old 07-28-2013, 02:46 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,927,170 times
This poll shows why polls mean absolutely nothing. There are only 3 choices. Last time I checked most people were either Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, or Independents. One can be a registered Republican and be moderate. they can be an independent and be conservative or be a Democrat and be middle of the road. The poll need to have many more options. I am a registered Republican, am fiscally conservative and moderate on most social issues. Obviously like others, I didn't vote.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:47 PM

537 posts, read 741,217 times
Couldn't vote. You don't have "political atheist" as a choice.

As Carlin used to say, "You have no choice. Paper or plastic . . . that's your choice".

Old 07-28-2013, 02:53 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,276,057 times
Most people here will probably choose 'Independent', but that can mean a variety of different things. There are very conservative leaning Independents and very liberal leaning ones. There are fiscal conservatives and social liberals who consider themselves moderate, and there are social conservative and pro-Union, pro social program Democrats that consider themselves moderate.

From my experience this board leans left on social/religious issues but right on economic issues.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:56 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,303,166 times
I'm a liberal. I believe in taxing your corporations, and unionizing, to prevent them from building facilities in lower cost of living locations, so that they cannot compete globally, and eventually will be purchased by foreign competitors.

I believe in raising the capital gains tax, so that investors will be less apt to put their money in the US market, driving tax revenues down and adding to the deficit.

I believe in raising taxes on the rich, so they cannot afford to fund your extravagant lifestyle, and the majority of your businesses, will shut down as their decrease in spending will have an affect on all domestic economic activity.

I believe in adopting a health care system that the board of trustees said, would need "unprecedented" changes to take place in order to be solvent. Additionally, I believe in adopting the AHA to write the program, so it can continue to illegally collude to fix prices.

I believe in focusing on trivial social matters instead of the failure of your foreign policy, which will result in the American Dollar being marginalized on the World Market, which will bring economic suffering you could never imagined possible in your entire life.

I believe in funding failed programs, essentially throwing my money away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies