Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 01:23 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's a personal choice. There is always money to stash away, but people choose not to, and then they simmer in their misery and blame everyone except themselves.
It is a personal choice, but the ability to save today is not easy. I think many people have taken the focus off of their wants and are focusing on their needs and are living paycheck to paycheck just to cover the needs. For those that have haven't learned anything about the reality of may come and continue to live beyond their means, I have no sympathy for them should if all goes south. They are going to go into shock if reality smacks them in the face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 01:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Is Volcker Getting Through? House Democrats Discuss Reviving Glass-Steagall | ThinkProgress

Democrats are not link Republicans. They do not put forth legislation that they believe will not pass congress. Well atleast not on a regular basis.
Well if they had put as much gusto into that as they did Obamacare then it would have been reinstated.
Sorry but you are giving them an easy out with "we didn't think it would pass so we didn't bother".

Old 07-28-2013, 01:27 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
It is a personal choice, but the ability to save today is not easy. I think many people have taken the focus off of their wants and are focusing on their needs and are living paycheck to paycheck just to cover the needs. For those that have haven't learned anything about the reality of may come and continue to live beyond their means, I have no sympathy for them should if all goes south. They are going to go into shock if reality smacks them in the face.
No, people are still buying more house and more car than they can afford if anything goes wrong. They are counting on them or their spouse never losing a job, and that is a major mistake. I always lived by the rule that we need to be able to pay all bills with one income, and while we both work, the second income is simply a blessing and goes to secure out retirement, but if need be, it will be used to cover us if one job is lost.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:31 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,476 times
what a load

Quote:
How about you stop looking to the government to help you? It's ironic that most people I know who are now out of job are Republicans who couldn't stop talking about the leeches and moochers who depend on the government, but as soon as they lost their jobs it turned out they had saved nothing for the bad day, no savings, no 401K and no equity on the house, only a BMW on the driveway. Now they sit and complain about how Obama is not fixing their lives for them. If you want to be a conservative, then live conservative, don't just talk about it.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:31 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
New stats show that poverty is increasing for all americans, across all ethnic groups.

So much so, that 80% of people will have a period (at least 1 year) with joblessness and poverty.

Exclusive: 4 in 5 in US face near-poverty, no work - SFGate

This is very distressing, and really underscores the fact we need to find a permanent solution to eliminate, or reduce economic inequality. The problems of class mobility are especially heightened these days. And it doesn't matter what ethnic group you are in.

poverty breeds poverty, it will only get worse.. get used to it, it's the new norm.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:32 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
The status is a joke - not everyone is as stuffy as you.

I'm no democrat, I've stated on here numerous issues I have with the Obama administration. Have you posted anything positive about him at any time?

You are partisan. It's always easiest to have somebody think for you I guess.
You blame Bush, you can't acknowledge Clinton as being part of the problem, you defend Obama, and you aren't partisan? Seriously??? LOL

If you want to know if I posted anything positive about Obama, my history is there for you to see. Oh, wait, let me save you the time. NO I haven't. Go check to see if I posted anything positive about Bush. Oh, wait, again let me save you the time - NO I haven't.

Who thinks for you? How's the reception?

Old 07-28-2013, 01:32 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
No, people are still buying more house and more car than they can afford if anything goes wrong. They are counting on them or their spouse never losing a job, and that is a major mistake. I always lived by the rule that we need to be able to pay all bills with one income, and while we both work, the second income is simply a blessing and goes to secure out retirement, but if need be, it will be used to cover us if one job is lost.
But, but, but what if your neighbor buys a new Escalade?

Old 07-28-2013, 01:33 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Huh?? How can that be when dear leader is working so hard to fix it all??

"In an e-mail to supporters, First Lady Michelle Obama says she grew up in a family that didn't need help from the government, and that her husband is working to make Americans free from dependence on government once again.

In her message sent yesterday from democratparty@democrats.org, Mrs. Obama says:
"When I was growing up, a family like mine -- living on my hard-working father's salary at the city water plant -- could build a solid life without much debt and without relying on any form of public assistance. Today, for too many families, that American promise is no longer within reach.

"Barack is working to fix that and he needs solid Democrats in Congress to help him."

- See more at: First Lady: Barack's Working to Free Americans from 'Any Form of Public Assistance' | CNS News

More like hardly working..........

"President Obama is playing his usual round of Saturday golf with his usual roundup of junior aides. He stopped briefly at the White House following his event at the Korean War Memorial today before heading out to the course at Fort Belvoir in Northern Virginia."

Relax It is the plan, notice i didn't say part of the plan. It is the plan to impoverish everyone but for the Elite, Obama's new world order.

There will be 3 classes.

The Elite, those workers in FEMA Camps who provide for the Elite (the helpless PC workers) and criminals, both kinds, real ones and guys like us who will not obey.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
what a load
A load of truth.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
But, but, but what if your neighbor buys a new Escalade?
Oh....well.... then I suppose you just have to get one too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies