Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we greatly limit or ban people with incompatible political ideologies from immigrating to Ame
Yes 16 42.11%
No 22 57.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 06:48 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,744,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Ok, now we're going nowhere. I provided specific questions, which were answered too cryptically for me to decipher. On a request to clarify your response, you reply with two YouTube videos.
No I do not believe that 1 immigrant is a threat, you would have to be high to believe that, now large numbers of people who have such views...then yes I do believe it is threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 06:51 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,157,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
No I do not believe that 1 immigrant is a threat, you would have to be high to believe that, now large numbers of people who have such views...then yes I do believe it is threat.
Would you be willing to elaborate on the relative threat level of radical utilitarians to national security? Do I even want to know about the radical positivists, or will I just be shivering under my afghan tonight?

Old 07-28-2013, 06:54 PM

331 posts, read 254,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Then again, there's no reason for the U.S. to even allow immigration.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:54 PM

808 posts, read 662,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Iraqis, Afghanis, American troops, people with pre-existing medical conditions, poor kids, young women who need birth control, non-believers, gays...the list is rather long.
bull****

Old 07-28-2013, 06:56 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,157,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
bull****
No, as far as I know, right-wingers have never harmed bullsh*t. They spew it, but I'd hardly label that "harmful."

Old 07-28-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Iraqis, Afghanis, American troops, people with pre-existing medical conditions, poor kids, young women who need birth control, non-believers, gays...the list is rather long.
well Iraqis and Afghans are not Americans so they dont count.

American troops should have the best care available, cut foreign aid and use those funds

people with pre-existing medical conditions? that is not our problem that is the market places fault, its a niche market that would be a great providers of care if not for the miles and mile of red tape, why should people be allowed to incorporate to buy the cheapest care? or buy coverage in any state from any state in America?

Poor kids, their have always been poor, and sadly their always will be, you cant force others to do the right/smart thing..maybe if we had school vouchers it could break the poverty cycle, the Great Society has failed. 7,000,000,000,000 spent and more poverty today then in 1965.

Non believers? really? what have we done to harm them? other then being Christians?

Gays? really?

If you can't beat your opponent's ideas, you distort those ideas -- maybe you just make some up! If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as somebody people should run away from. You make big elections about small things.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:59 PM

808 posts, read 662,865 times
Quote:
No, as far as I know, right-wingers have never harmed bullsh*t. They spew it, but I'd hardly label that "harmful."
as far as I know your previous and this statements are not only bill****, but pure crap.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:59 PM

so high unemployment and poverty..please make that case...

Old 07-28-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Would you be willing to elaborate on the relative threat level of radical utilitarians to national security? Do I even want to know about the radical positivists, or will I just be shivering under my afghan tonight?
Not national security, liberty, and the culture.. read the first letters in the list..

Old 07-28-2013, 07:01 PM

109 posts, read 157,064 times
My answer is NO, because your political ideologies are part of your freedom of speech. If we discriminate against people for their opinions, then we are violating their freedom of speech, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies