Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 06:22 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
[Q Bill o'Reilly does not have the best interest of the black community in mind when he brings up this subject.

Since when is it Bill's responsibility to have a "best interest" in the black community? Man up and care for yourselves.
ever since Bill O'Reilly claimed to have the best interest of "the black community" is when. It's nobody's fault but his own that everything that he alleges about "the black community" is wrong. He's proclaimed Beyonce to be a force for black teen pregnancy, even though teen pregnancy rates have fallen while Beyoncé was singing. He whined that Kanye West was "gangsta" even though West famously isn't, and is working to bring jobs to black kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 06:39 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
WOW, That is so wrong ... actually illegals are taking jobs from black people. There are many black teens and adults that are unemployed and the illegal hispanics are getting the jobs. Many whites as well are unemployed and looking for work and it isn't just low level jobs.

It is a shame what MSNBC tells the black community these lies... black people as well as white people benefit from getting a good job and a good education. Many are getting behind the illegals in line for a job and a good education.
Illegal immigrants are taking jobs from Americans. This is what I've learned. Even if illegal immigrants were deported, it would not change how some people feel in terms of who to hire. It won't guarantee than Blacks won't get overlooked for jobs. Unemployment rates for Black people with Bachelor's degrees are comparable to that of Whites with only a high school education. And consider this. Blacks with only a high school education have unemployment rates twice as bad as Whites with the same level of education.

From what I have been learning in my life, some people actually have preferences in terms of who to hire. There are some people who would rather not have Blacks working for them at all.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
ever since Bill O'Reilly claimed to have the best interest of "the black community" is when. It's nobody's fault but his own that everything that he alleges about "the black community" is wrong. He's proclaimed Beyonce to be a force for black teen pregnancy, even though teen pregnancy rates have fallen while Beyoncé was singing. He whined that Kanye West was "gangsta" even though West famously isn't, and is working to bring jobs to black kids.
All it shows is that he is a reactionary who is only concerned with pleasing his constituents.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:15 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,399,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Illegal immigrants are taking jobs from Americans.

From what I have been learning in my life, some people actually have preferences in terms of who to hire. There are some people who would rather not have Blacks working for them at all.
i work construction, twenty years ago the labor force was mainly black, now its about 90 percent mexician. they are not taking the jobs cheaper, contractor pay same rate or better. its the mexician labor force has better work ethics and most are skilled from birth.

I know some contractor that will not hire blacks or very few because they are tired of dealing with the excess baggages. I know one concrete crew that can charge more because he doesn't have any blacks on his crew and the owner is black. he gets a lot of work.

mexician crew are quiet. polite, all ways there, they show up, they don't harass the client.

employer just don't want the headache that come with the black community

Old 06-07-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i work construction, twenty years ago the labor force was mainly black, now its about 90 percent mexician. they are not taking the jobs cheaper, contractor pay same rate or better. its the mexician labor force has better work ethics and most are skilled from birth.

I know some contractor that will not hire blacks or very few because they are tired of dealing with the excess baggages. I know one concrete crew that can charge more because he doesn't have any blacks on his crew and the owner is black. he gets a lot of work.

mexician crew are quiet. polite, all ways there, they show up, they don't harass the client.

employer just don't want the headache that come with the black community
So where does that leave the Black people who want work, who are trying to get work? Black people have bills to pay too, families to feed, things to do as well. So what you're saying is that because of certain Black individuals who have behaved bad, the whole Black population should suffer for it. That is exactly what you are saying. I don't care why the contractor won't hire Blacks. At the end of the day, I, a Black man, have to worry about getting work. It is me who is affected.

And what I find highly ironic is this. Some of the very persons who won't hire Blacks, they are the same persons who complain about Blacks being on welfare. I say it is ironic because if you can't work, what is next? Welfare.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:47 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,467,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
ever since Bill O'Reilly claimed to have the best interest of "the black community" is when. It's nobody's fault but his own that everything that he alleges about "the black community" is wrong.
Everything he says about the black community is absolutely true. It just isn't politically correct. It's much easier for Democrats to lock up the black community's vote by telling them that none of their problems are their fault. After a steady diet of that over the years, it then becomes offensive for someone to say anything different.
Quote:
He's proclaimed Beyonce to be a force for black teen pregnancy, even though teen pregnancy rates have fallen while Beyoncé was singing. He whined that Kanye West was "gangsta" even though West famously isn't, and is working to bring jobs to black kids.
He wasn't talking about what they do, he was talking about the image they project through their music. Before you announce how wrong someone is, you might at least try getting what they've said correct.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:50 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
Oh, another white power thread...neat.

I wonder when this little phase will blow over...
When the black community at large grow up.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Everything he says about the black community is absolutely true. It just isn't politically correct. It's much easier for Democrats to lock up the black community's vote by telling them that none of their problems are their fault. After a steady diet of that over the years, it then becomes offensive for someone to say anything different.
Truth or not, he does not care about the Black community at all. The only reason he said any of that was to please his constituents. If he cares, he will put his money where his mouth is.

Something to consider. Many people have respect for Bill Cosby, and Michael Nutter. Those persons called out the individuals that were actually causing problems. Bill O'Reilly went after Blacks as a whole. Cosby and Nutter say "you who are causing problems, you are hurting the rest of the Black population, stop it". Bill O'Reilly just said everything out of arrogance and trying to say what his constituents wanted him to hear. If someone takes an arrogant tone with me, I'm not listening.

Quote:
He wasn't talking about what they do, he was talking about the image they project through their music. Before you announce how wrong someone is, you might at least try getting what they've said correct.
Did he mention the show on MTV "16 and pregnant"?

Old 06-07-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
When the black community at large grow up.
At large? Black people who are doing the right thing cannot control what criminals and foolish people who happen to be Black are doing. We can't control that. We can only control ourselves.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:57 PM

I would also look at this: http://www.city-data.com/forum/35110396-post277.html

Important points to consider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies