Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Did you read post number 2 in the link I posted to you???
Yes I did, and you are mixing up post because that has nothing to do with the comment you were responding to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 09:47 AM

28,681 posts, read 18,811,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
SO your examples that Blackistan is widely used is a Blog with 10 followers, A facebook page with 16 likes, Another blog with 6 comments, A youtube video with 778 views, And an Urban dictionary post with 39 upvotes.

Thank you for proving my point that no one uses the term.
Well, that was on the first of at least ten pages returned by Google.

However, the term defines a situation that bears discussion.

At the individual level, a black person (young man, young woman) needs to decide what he or she must do to secure a viable future.

A "Blackistan" can be defined as a neighborhood that is not currently life-sustaining and isn't likely to be in a person's foreseeable future. If it's going to take generations of external resources and effort to change the neighborhood, then that individual's only viable option is to get out.

There is nothing wrong with individuals facing that fact and getting out. It's not as though it's their "native homeland," after all.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:53 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Yes I did, and you are mixing up post because that has nothing to do with the comment you were responding to
No......it is about "decent black people".

Old 06-02-2014, 12:34 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
One quick point about this. It's not "parallel." They have the same danged roots. "Southern" culture is an "honor-based" culture, although it's a superficial honor.
I know it comes from the South. All the more reason I said they have parallels. The current ghetto culture has roots in redneck culture.

Quote:
"Suh, you have impuned mah dignity, and Ah demand satisfaction!"
Yep.

Quote:
The southern elite gave up the gun duels long ago, but southern redneck culture--and black culture that emigrated from the south--is still immersed in it.

Like "soul food" is just southern food eaten by blacks in the north, Aaron McGruder's "n*gga moment" is only assciated with blacks in the north, but it's part of the basic culture of the south--they have their "redneck moments" that are the same thing.
And that culture went to the cities, and via segregation, was basically kept in the inner city, and was incubated. Escaping such a culture involved getting an education. Thomas Sowell wrote an essay about it.

That "moment" you speak of, it happens with southern Blacks as well. I've been around people who fit the "redneck" culture, and many of them bullied me in high school. They were as bad as some of the Black kids who fit the "ghetto" culture. My personal experiences show me that both ghetto culture and redneck culture are pretty much the same.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Well, that was on the first of at least ten pages returned by Google.

LMFAO ROTF.

1. 10 pages of results , I want you to think about that before you respond.

2. Google search results are ordered be relevance. That means the top links you posted are the ones with the most views,comments, follows.

Again, thank you for proving my point.

If you want to call the hood "Blackistan" then do it, but stop lying like it is a term used by everyone.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
No......it is about "decent black people".
1. So you do realize that your response makes no sense. They why did you continue to respond to those post ?

2. Your link doesnt exonerate you, the language you used didnt change.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:23 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
1. So you do realize that your response makes no sense. They why did you continue to respond to those post ?

2. Your link doesnt exonerate you, the language you used didnt change.
Not much more I can tell you.

Maybe you would have had to been there at the time.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:28 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,811,357 times
Quote:
LMFAO ROTF.

1. 10 pages of results , I want you to think about that before you respond.

2. Google search results are ordered be relevance. That means the top links you posted are the ones with the most views,comments, follows.

Again, thank you for proving my point.

If you want to call the hood "Blackistan" then do it, but stop lying like it is a term used by everyone.
You said

Quote:
If you google Blackistan, you see that no one actually uses that term.
Which was definitely your lie, because if you Google "Blackistan" you do find others who actually use it and that I did not originate it, and you knew you were lying.

Oh, then you tried to qualify your lie claiming I said it was a "term used by everyone," which was another lie because I never said any such thing.

You are the liar, bud, and your lies have been archived for future reference.

BTW, I clearly delineated between "Blackistan" and "Hood," but you were too busy engineering lies to notice that, I guess.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:42 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Don Lemon said Bill O'Reilly didn't go far enough. How could Bill O'Reilly go any further without insulting people?

And with Black culture, it is a question of which segment of the Black population?

When one looks at "Black culture", so many people are reducing it to "thug life". No one seems to consider jazz, R&B, and the blues are part of this. No one considers that gospel music is part of it. No one ever considers the church. Not a mention about writers such as Richard Wright, Zora Neale Hurston, Ralph Ellison, Langton Hughes. No mentioning of Cornel West, Bill Cosby, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Tavis Smiley, or Tony Brown. The #1 thing that often comes to mind for many is "thug culture".

Old 06-05-2014, 03:54 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,659,336 times
Bill needs to worry about uplifting his poor white people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies